can we have some sort of "reverence" stat?

This might apply to the other FM versions as well, but as FMH is all I'm playing at the moment I'll post it here-

Would it be possible to implement a new variable or measuring system in addition to the one currently used to calculate a board's pleasure/displeasure with its manager? What I'm looking for is something that carries over from season to season, call it the "Reverence Value" if you will... let me illustrate:

I began in the English leagues with lowly Grays Athletic who were expected in their first season to battle bravely against relegation from Conference National by their board and had the following results:

2005/6 ECN 5th

2006/7 ECN 2nd (promoted)

2007/8 League2 3rd (promoted)

2008/9 League1 6th (promoted)

2009/10 Champ 10th

2010/11 Champ 5th (promoted)

2011/12 PD 7th

2012/13 PD 14th

now, every single season my board's expectations were for Grays to battle bravely against relegation from whichever league I was in and yet I continuously led them to promotion...

only to find myself wholly overmatched in the Premier Division my second season in 2012/13...

it was in that season that I came within 1 loss of being sacked by my board and barely managed to avoid the drop and finish 14th

in the real world if a manager was that successful, taking a CON team to Premier in 7 seasons, they'd be building statues in his likeness and naming stadiums, streets, and babies after him...

one tough season? after getting promoted so far so fast? the board would be saying "it's about time lad! no one's immortal!" not "win or you're fired!"

at that point it became obvious that whatever calculations govern the board's opinions on your performance are confined to that season and that season only, and this nearly made my put down the game for good

all i ask is that someone at SI consider implementing some sort of new variable that allows for performance in past seasons to influence board opinion, at least somewhat, because finding myself "on the hotseat" for struggling in Premier with a side only a few seasons removed from CON and a wagebill still topping out below 10K is just silly...

comments? thank you for letting me share this...

This might apply to the other FM versions as well, but as FMH is all I'm playing at the moment I'll post it here-

Would it be possible to implement a new variable or measuring system in addition to the one currently used to calculate a board's pleasure/displeasure with its manager? What I'm looking for is something that carries over from season to season, call it the "Reverence Value" if you will... let me illustrate:

I began in the English leagues with lowly Grays Athletic who were expected in their first season to battle bravely against relegation from Conference National by their board and had the following results:

2005/6 ECN 5th

2006/7 ECN 2nd (promoted)

2007/8 League2 3rd (promoted)

2008/9 League1 6th (promoted)

2009/10 Champ 10th

2010/11 Champ 5th (promoted)

2011/12 PD 7th

2012/13 PD 14th

now, every single season my board's expectations were for Grays to battle bravely against relegation from whichever league I was in and yet I continuously led them to promotion...

only to find myself wholly overmatched in the Premier Division my second season in 2012/13...

it was in that season that I came within 1 loss of being sacked by my board and barely managed to avoid the drop and finish 14th

in the real world if a manager was that successful, taking a CON team to Premier in 7 seasons, they'd be building statues in his likeness and naming stadiums, streets, and babies after him...

one tough season? after getting promoted so far so fast? the board would be saying "it's about time lad! no one's immortal!" not "win or you're fired!"

at that point it became obvious that whatever calculations govern the board's opinions on your performance are confined to that season and that season only, and this nearly made my put down the game for good

all i ask is that someone at SI consider implementing some sort of new variable that allows for performance in past seasons to influence board opinion, at least somewhat, because finding myself "on the hotseat" for struggling in Premier with a side only a few seasons removed from CON and a wagebill still topping out below 10K is just silly...

comments? thank you for letting me share this...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by avanti:

i have an extremely short attention span so i read the 1st 3 lines and got bored. I'll leave this upto someone who has the ability to concentra.................. icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just not funny mate icon_rolleyes.gif

• SI Staff

In FMH if you do amazingly well over a long period (circa 10 years or so) then you'll be offered a place on the board of directors.

If accepted this makes you immune to manager sackings (its also one of the 'unlockables' which you can enable at the start of any future game).

^-- I think that's a polite way of saying "no."

If I unlock a place on the board of directors during Career A, but don't want to start with that enabled with Career B - can I re-unlock it? Or once something has been unlocked once and disabled in preferences it can never be re-unlocked?

Does that make sense? I would like to be able to strive for that achievement again with a new career...

Thank you

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If I unlock a place on the board of directors during Career A, but don't want to start with that enabled with Career B - can I re-unlock it? Or once something has been unlocked once and disabled in preferences it can never be re-unlocked? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you unlock it then its an 'optional' item you can enable or disable for future games at your preference.

PS> Too late to change anything for FMH2007 I'm afraid as its already in submission with Sony.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

PS> Too late to change anything for FMH2007 I'm afraid as its already in submission with Sony. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

naturally, but we shouldn't shut up with the suggestions just because a new version is due soon icon_wink.gif if 2007 is already in final then someone is certainly thinkin about 2008 around those offices icon_smile.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">naturally, but we shouldn't shut up with the suggestions just because a new version is due soon if 2007 is already in final then someone is certainly thinkin about 2008 around those offices </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats true enough - I'll make sure its something which is considered for the next version icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">naturally, but we shouldn't shut up with the suggestions just because a new version is due soon if 2007 is already in final then someone is certainly thinkin about 2008 around those offices </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats true enough - I'll make sure its something which is considered for the next version icon_biggrin.gif

I thought it was nice to see a reasonably length post in this forum, as opposed to the plethora of things like 'Who shd i buy for my awesum team next do u think????'

Damn, I went to four lines, so avanti won't be able to finish this either. That really IS a feeble attention span.

Agreed Lowlife. It's great to read someone who's putting loads of thought into their posts and not reading some one liner peppered with spelling inaccuracies and nonsensical hyperbole... icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif We FMH players are actually quite intelligent you know! Hooray for Shaderach and his protestations! icon14.gif

Agreed Lowlife. It's great to read someone who's putting loads of thought into their posts and not reading some one liner peppered with spelling inaccuracies and nonsensical hyperbole... icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif We FMH players are actually quite intelligent you know! Hooray for Shaderach and his protestations! icon14.gif

Archived