Stothy's Immovable Object! [Woking to the FA Cup Semis! Overachievers!]

Hello Community.

Many of you may know me as the guy who tried and failed many times, it wasn't that my tactics were poor, it was the fact they never took off and no one tried them. This time I am looking to change that.

Meet, my latest tactic, the immovable object:

WokingWoking_Tactics-9.png

Many observant people may see that infact, it employs the same formation yet again! The 4-5-1/ 4-3-3 that I have used since day 1. There is a reason for this, I love it.

English football lacks flair and this tactic utilises that, it brings all parts of the field into play when attacking and defending but still making use of the 5x5 and holding firm.

You Can't Lose If You Don't Concede.

This is the motto of this tactic, it's aimed at LLM or teams looking to overachieve, it stops teams from being able to score against you and therefore you gain the confidence and go on to win! Before you leave this doesn't mean it isn't high scoring! Oh no look here:

WokingvHartlepoolSplitView-1.png

StockportvWokingSplitView.png

So you can score and defend, interested?

I use a combination of these tactical ideas to help my tactic:

5x5 – Ensures committed attack and defence

Wing Backs – Cut the crosses out short and moves play on quicker

Nike Defence – One Centre half cuts out the run while the other holds the line together

Inside Forwards – Wingers surprise the defence by cutting inside and scoring

False Nine – Forward collects the ball from deep, pulling the defensive line to bits leaving room for attack.

Hints and tips

One thing I like about tactics are little things that make a big difference. i.e. OI and match prep! So here are some of mine:

OI: I use assistant OI but sometimes when playing tough teams I close down wingers and attack mids, show onto weaker foot or if they use the foot to cur in I show them on to the opposite foot therefore forcing them down the wings instead of shooting!

Match Prep: Use full Team blend until tactic is fairly competent then move on to standard with defensive positioning.

Play maker: Set the AM as the play maker in the flase nine but the LCM in Immovable Object, if you have an awesome winger i.e. Messi, set them as the play maker.

Inside Forwards: Go to training then positional training and put it to the opposite wing, this is because the wingers swap sides so that sometimes they cross, sometimes they shoot, it confuses the opponent!

ANYONE FIND ANY OTHER LITTLE SECRETS, SHARE!

DOWNLOAD HERE!

In this file you will find:

Stothy's Immovable Object! - Use this tactic as your first choice

Stothy's False Nine - If that isn't working use this tactic

----------------------------------------------------------------

Stothy's False Nine Underdogs - If they aren't working too well try out one of these tactics dependant on the odds!

Stothy's False Nine Evens

Stothy's False Nine Superstars

This is one of the sort of things a false 9 can achieve!

1.png

Jeffers is open for a pass being tracked by a centre back.

2.png

Jeffers receives and the centre back goes in to tackle him, leaving lots of room in the centre for Newton.

3.png

Newton recieve in a one on one position

4.png

Newton Scores!

Someone on a separate forum asked about how the false nine works with zonal defending and here is my answer:

I've always had one problem with the false nine. The theory is that the striker drops deep and pretends to be a classic no.9 physcial etc, and when he drops deep, the central defenders man mark and get dragged out of position which is exploited by inside forward, but surely if the opposing team uses zonal marking, they wont get dragged out of position which means it will fail.

Can someone clarify that?

Ahh yes this is one thing that people can be mistaken by, but let me draw you a diagram!

diagram.png

Each defender has there own zone, the stiker enters this Zone and the defender follow him. As the striker is on the edge of the area a massive gap appears, he could even track back a little bit as the CB is now set on marking him (to an extent of course!) so the AM or Wingers have loads of room in the centre to make a critical pass and score!

Some Achievements:

Predicted 24th, finished 1st:

WokingInformation_Overview.png

npowerLeague2Information_Stages.png

31 Without Conceding:

npowerLeague2Stats_TeamStats.png

Here is a low down on the Positions:

Sweeper Keeper: The Keeper rushes out to get the ball so he will need to be quick and mentally strong as well as the normal!

Key:

Aerial Ability

Command Of Area

Agility

Handling

One On Ones

Reflexes

Composure

Concentration

Decisions

Positioning

Creativity

Acceleration

Pace

Wing backs Pushing the wingers further up the field, stopping their runs and crosses. Probably the most demanding position on the team!

Key:

Crossing

Marking

Tackling

Decisions

Positioning

Teamwork

Work rate

Stamina

Acceleration

Centre backs 2 separate roles here, one runs up, meets the attacker and distributes, the other covers him.

Key:

Heading

Tackling

Marking

Determination

Jumping

Ball Playing:

Aggression

Bravery

Passing

Composure

Concentration

Decisions

Cover:

Anticipation

Strength

Anchor Man This guy cuts out the runs short and tracks back to help out in defence, but also has some role in the build up to the attack!

Key:

Heading

Tackling

Anticipation

Concentration

Decisions

Determination

Positioning

Work Rate

Strength

Marking

Centre Mid The are again 2 roles here, one guy wins the ball, the other runs about like a lunatic trying to score and defend!

Key:

Marking

Bravery

Determination

Positioning

Work rate

Strength

Stamina

Ball Winning:

Tackling

Aggression

Teamwork

Box To Box:

Acceleration

Anticipation

Decisions

Dribbling

Finishing

First Touch

Heading

Long Shots

Off The Ball

Passing

Technique

Inside Forwards: These guys cut in from the wings while the attacker pulls away defenders so that they are open on goal!

Key:

Crossing

Dribbling

Finishing

Passing

Decisions

Flair

Off The Ball

Decisions

Teamwork

Acceleration

Pace

Preferably: Can play both left and right and use both feet!

Trequartista This guy plays about with the ball, helps out wing players and is another outlet for attack

Key:

Finishing

First Touch

Passing

Technique

Anticipation

Composure

Creativity

Flair

Off The Ball

Agility

Deep Lying Forward This guy opens up the defence for the rest of the team to burn down their tower!

Key:

Dribbling

First Touch

Long Shots

Passing

Technique

Creativity

Decisions

Off the Ball

Teamwork

Strength

FILTERS FOR ALL POSITIONS HERE

interesting tactic, who do you set as playmaker? The MCL?

Yep! Edited into the OP for you :)

Nice work mate, looks very interesting. I will give this a go and report back

Great! Can't Wait for feedback!

Yeah alot of work here ill give it a go

Hours of fun went into this ;)

I've added:

Hints and Tips

Player Requirements

Player Filters

Tactic Explanation

Achievements

aha okey.. sorry =) good work.. does it work with Top tems? like man U, Barca, real madrid??

I'll be honest! I haven't tried it, Others have said Barcalona works great as do most Spanish teams and for some reason so does Blackburn!

I'm going to try this with my non-league Welling.

Quick question though, which tactic were you using for the FA Cup giant killings? Was it the underdog tactic?

Do you make any shouts mid game or do you just change the tactic?

Great! I started unemployed and went on to Woking and they were non league too!

The FA cup games were mainly the immovable object but on some of the earlier ones the underdog tactics. No shouts as it is a classic tactic and midgame I just talked wo the team :p There are many guides on team talks though so no need for me to do that!

I use Wolfsongs teamtalks and it seems to work most of the time.

I also realised it was a classic tactic and so didn't have shouts just after I posted, duh!

Will have a look out and maybe edit them in if they work!

Lol don't worry, silly mistake, everyone makes them ;)

So match preperation has a big impact here ?

ive player 5 won 2 drew 2 lost 1

but ive came to the conclusion my team sucks so ill continue to test when i begin season 5 ( just finishing 4 )

I believe match prep is MAJOR in this game, not just for this tactic, I also believe there is a glitch when every other season match prep bars go to full! So works out well for me ;)

Good luck with that!

Testing with Boca Juniors, first of all I sell every major player of the team (Riquelme, Battaglia, Palermo, etc), and im playing right now with a mix of youth and average players (I love to rebuild teams lol)

1st Match: Argentinos vs Boca: 3 - 3 (we outplayed them but we dont have much luck, and my team morale sucks right now heh)

2nd Match: Boca vs Velez: 0-1 (Hard match against one of the best teams in Argentina, they don't outplayed us.)

3rd Match: Arsenal vs Boca: 0-1 (Fist victory with the tactic, we play ok)

4th Match: Boca vs Tigre: 2-0 (Second victory, played well, we are going up :D)

5th Match: All Boys vs Boca: 0-2 (Three victorys in a row, looks like the team is blending)

I will keep posting feedback, but so far so good, I don't have great players, most of them are youth of 17-19 yrs old and I don't even have a proper Right Wingback, but the tactic is working.

Thank you for uploading it

Testing with Boca Juniors, first of all I sell every major player of the team (Riquelme, Battaglia, Palermo, etc), and im playing right now with a mix of youth and average players (I love to rebuild teams lol)

1st Match: Argentinos vs Boca: 3 - 3 (we outplayed them but we dont have much luck, and my team morale sucks right now heh)

2nd Match: Boca vs Velez: 0-1 (Hard match against one of the best teams in Argentina, they don't outplayed us.)

3rd Match: Arsenal vs Boca: 0-1 (Fist victory with the tactic, we play ok)

4th Match: Boca vs Tigre: 2-0 (Second victory, played well, we are going up :D)

5th Match: All Boys vs Boca: 0-2 (Three victorys in a row, looks like the team is blending)

I will keep posting feedback, but so far so good, I don't have great players, most of them are youth of 17-19 yrs old and I don't even have a proper Right Wingback, but the tactic is working.

Thank you for uploading it

This is brilliant news! Get cracking with that rebuilding ;)

6th Match: Boca vs Independiente: 2-1 (Good victory against a middle team of the league, we miss TWO! pk)

7th Match: Boca vs Newells: 2-0 (Another middle team of Argentina and another win)

8th Match: Quilmes vs Boca: 1-1 (We deserve to win by 3 or 4 goals.)

9th Match: River vs Boca: 0-2 (We won the derby :D, My striker get sent off at 1 min of first half -.-)

10th Match: Boca vs Banfield: 5-0 (Great game!!!)

Very nice tactic stothy, I was expecting to get sacked by this moment because the youth of my team, but im in 2nd position :o

And the opposition can't really score, except the first match, but i blame the morale in there.

6th Match: Boca vs Independiente: 2-1 (Good victory against a middle team of the league, we miss TWO! pk)

7th Match: Boca vs Newells: 2-0 (Another middle team of Argentina and another win)

8th Match: Quilmes vs Boca: 1-1 (We deserve to win by 3 or 4 goals.)

9th Match: River vs Boca: 0-2 (We won the derby :D, My striker get sent off at 1 min of first half -.-)

10th Match: Boca vs Banfield: 5-0 (Great game!!!)

Very nice tactic stothy, I was expecting to get sacked by this moment because the youth of my team, but im in 2nd position :o

And the opposition can't really score, except the first match, but i blame the morale in there.

Wow this is amazing! You know when your work has paid off when it works for someone else! It's ok when you have results, but when another forum member is winning this is great!

using the 3 tactics underdogs, evens and imoveable object as if im faveroutes instead of supertars can i just say thank you. i am vauxhall in blue square north . i had a shocking start to the season then changed to your three tacticsand went 15 games and only lost 2 andwon the rest. i think you are the tactical genius on here and just hope more people discover your tactics thanks for putting the effot in take care my friend

using the 3 tactics underdogs, evens and imoveable object as if im faveroutes instead of supertars can i just say thank you. i am vauxhall in blue square north . i had a shocking start to the season then changed to your three tacticsand went 15 games and only lost 2 andwon the rest. i think you are the tactical genius on here and just hope more people discover your tactics thanks for putting the effot in take care my friend

Wow I never thought I would be called a tactical genius thank you! Try out the normal false nine if you find that you are favourites! It works wonders :)

I finish the league in the 2nd position, and this is amazing with my lousy and youth Boca lol, so close of wining the league, only 3 points :( well maybe next year with some reinforcements.

Only lose 3 matches against very strong rivals, and the three games were pretty close, I only lost by 1 goal every match.

Thank you again stothy, i will keep using your tactics

If this new tactic is as good as your previous one then I'll be very happy to test it with my FC United of Manchester team currently in the Blue Square Premier with an average squad... Thanks mate!

EDIT: I've tested it on only 7 or so games, but the wingers' swapping maneouvre is really bothering me. I looked at player instructions and saw that "Swap Position" was on none. How do I stop the swapping then? Otherwise great tactic!

It's been a slow start but I can definitely see improvements. The team is still learning the tactic but as you say, you can't lose if you don't concede and several times the opposition hasn't even got a shot on target.

I'm using the Immovable Object tactic. Do you suggest using the False Nines if I am favourite, as you have written above?

I am looking into this formation, but with a team much much worse than Woking. It is a final straw for me as I have struggled to overcome the dominant wingers / crossing on FM11. My morale for this test starts at rock bottom. Injuries are extremely frequent, so much so that I have no fit defenders at the moment.

I am placed 12th out of 12 and hopefully this will give my season the boost it needs

Will report back when I've played a dozen games to give it ample chance

If this new tactic is as good as your previous one then I'll be very happy to test it with my FC United of Manchester team currently in the Blue Square Premier with an average squad... Thanks mate!

EDIT: I've tested it on only 7 or so games, but the wingers' swapping maneouvre is really bothering me. I looked at player instructions and saw that "Swap Position" was on none. How do I stop the swapping then? Otherwise great tactic!

You can but I suggest teaching your wingers to play in the opposite wing (as explained in the OP). But if it's already showing None then it's probably a bug?

It's been a slow start but I can definitely see improvements. The team is still learning the tactic but as you say, you can't lose if you don't concede and several times the opposition hasn't even got a shot on target.

I'm using the Immovable Object tactic. Do you suggest using the False Nines if I am favourite, as you have written above?

Yes I do, only if you don't seem to be getting results though otherwise you are moving away from a perfectly good tactic!

Nice and well thought tactic, but i like JC's (El Salvaldor, nr. 14) motto better: "You have to score in order to win" and "If you have the ball, your opponent cannot score".

But KUTGW anyway!

Yes I do know that but 1 point is more than none is it not?
I have just looked at the Immovable Object tactic and the False Nines tactic and there doesn't appear to be any difference at all. Is there supposed to be a difference?

Ahh I put the wrong file in there! I have now changed the file in the OP to the correct one!

I am looking into this formation, but with a team much much worse than Woking. It is a final straw for me as I have struggled to overcome the dominant wingers / crossing on FM11. My morale for this test starts at rock bottom. Injuries are extremely frequent, so much so that I have no fit defenders at the moment.

I am placed 12th out of 12 and hopefully this will give my season the boost it needs

Will report back when I've played a dozen games to give it ample chance

Nice! Good luck man!
ass manager for oi what attributes must have?

The normal:

JPA,

Man Management

Tactical Knowledge

Motivating

Determination

Discipline

Game 1

Away (astonishingly favourites)

Result 1-1 DRAW (leading then conceeded - both in 1st half) (My goal was a header from a free kick. Oppositions was a header from a corner)

OI's - all 4 midfielders to close down and wingers to show onto weaker foot

4 shots to oppositions 11 (2 on target to oppositions 1) - suggests long shots from opposition possibly

53% possession

Game 2

Morale had improved - most are rated ok

Home game - not favourites

Result 1-3 LOSS (Opposition scored first with another header from a corner, opposition scored from a shot from outside the box on left side nearest touchline beating GK at near post, opposition scored a penalty, we scored from a pass discecting the two DCs where the striker found space to slot it home)

OI's - all 4 midfielders to close down and wingers to show onto weaker foot

3 shots to oppositions 11 (2 on target to oppositions 4)

45% possession

Not feeling it with this tactic after two games already - similar things are seemingly existant ie wingers bolting down the wing and crossing in to the far post - hope it is the unfamiliarity of a new tactic, but am not convinced at this stage

Game 3

Away and with odds of 4-1 (playing vs team one place above me in 11th)

Morale - half of team are very poor, 3 are poor and the others are ok

Result 1-3 WIN (Opposition score another penalty first, equalised via corner to near post with a DC shooting it in, went ahead on 71 mins with a pass through and striker having a 50:50 with DC which we won leaving a one on one with the GK, We scored a third from a free kick outside the box - taker passed it square for right winger to slam in from 25 yards)

Shots 7 each but we had 3 on target to oppositions 1.

52% possession

Game 4

Away vs team in 3rd. Odds are 9/2 so another toughie expected

Morale - half are poor, 3 ok and the others good

Result 1-1 DRAW (Opposition scores 1st with a 25 yard shot having dominated the chances stats so far - 12 mins, equaliser on 23 mins - header from left wing cross)

Shots 4 vs oppositions 17 (2 on target vs oppositions 1)

50% possession

Question now posed is why are the opposition dominating the shot count. They are normally off target so moving this up from a European backwater lower league to a better standard will likely see more of these on target and thus a higher goals against tally.

Jury is still out on this for me.

4 games should see the team starting to understand the tactic. Ive only got 4 games left in the season though and I'm bottom of the bottom division meaning I will get sacked shortly

Game 5

Home and surprisingly favourites at Evens

Morale - one very good, one very poor, the others a mix of ok, good and poor (equally)

Result 1-3 LOSS (Opposition scored first with another cross from the right side to the far post knocked in by player running in this goal style is the bane of my life on fm11 - i cannot find anything which defends against it and in some way it is approaching a gamebreaker for me, equaliser in the early part of the second half with an almost identical goal to that which I conceeded, opposition score immediately with a slide rule pass cutting in between the DC and the DL for their AMR to slot it in, opposition score a third again from a corner to the far post

7 shots vs oppositions 15, with 2 on target to oppositions 5

We had 51% possession however.

I think this means test over - just not working.

OP needs to work something in for defending corners for one and still the wingers running where they like crossing into the far post for an easy goal.

Cheers for the tactic - hope feedback helps

Game 6

Home - not favourites

Conceeded three in the first half. Two from penalties and the other from the normal routine of cross from winger to far post. Secnd half ended up one each with another cross to the far post being the method of conceeding. Oppo also missed another penalty

So in 6 games the opposition had 5 penalties, scored two from corners, scored 4 from crossed to the far post and two long shots

Maybe it is just my team who are shockingly bad - be nice if this tactic would work for me as on the ball they looked pretty neat, but the sheer volume of chances against means it is back to the drawing board for me

I agree with kccircle with regards to the corners. I have seen too many strikers unmarked slot in a tap in. I have changed all the players on "Go Back" to "Man Mark" and it has made the difference. I'd also recommend changing attacking corners to "Far Post"

If anyone fancies changing these and sending me an update then please do! I would love to see it!

Hey stothy the tactic is still working, with some reinforcement i won the league, the sudamerican cup and the libertadores :D.

I encourage everyone to try this tactic.

That's great! :D Gratz!

Just had some success with a tweaked version of Mr Hough's tactic finishing top of the Championship but I'm interested in your use of wingbacks (I remember my first every tactic was a 5-3-2 with wingbacks on CM II and I loved the way they'd bomb forward!) I'll give this a try when I start my new season and keep you updated...

Oh is the left centre back your ball player?

Just had some success with a tweaked version of Mr Hough's tactic finishing top of the Championship but I'm interested in your use of wingbacks (I remember my first every tactic was a 5-3-2 with wingbacks on CM II and I loved the way they'd bomb forward!) I'll give this a try when I start my new season and keep you updated...

Oh is the left centre back your ball player?

Great! can't wait :) and no sorry, RCB!

Still got a few championship games left but the title's already sewn up so started bedding in the tactic, results so far for my Ipswich team:

Derby (H) W 1-0 64% possession 3 CCC opposition 0 CCC

Watford (A) L 2-0 55% possession 0 CCC opposition 2 CCC - too many long shots (7 out of the ten made), not enough crossing and both opposition goals from players running in behind the wing back

Forest (H) W 3-1 64% possession 6 CCC opposition 0 CCC - same issues defensively as the Watford game, marking is school boyish on set pieces but possession and movement off the ball are really good

Bristol City (A) W 2-1 54% possession 2 CCC opposition 2 CCC Bristol missed a penalty (same problem player running in behind the wing back getting fouled)

Summary Played 4 Won 3 Drawn 0 Lost 1 Scored 6 Conceded 4 11 CCC For 4 CCC Against

Play is similar to Arsenal/Barcelona as possession and quick passing look lovely but sometimes a bit frustrating when the winger doesn't whip a ball in, this means my striker(s) on 19 goals apiece are getting less service. Also your wingers get loads of chances so finishing and composure should be priority stats! Pretty good so far especially as I've not had time to let the tactic bed in, match preparation has most of the bars at accomplished. There seems to be less CCC for the opposition but I'll reserve judgment until I've bought in a few players based on the filters for my assault on the premiership!

Still got a few championship games left but the title's already sewn up so started bedding in the tactic, results so far for my Ipswich team:

Derby (H) W 1-0 64% possession 3 CCC opposition 0 CCC

Watford (A) L 2-0 55% possession 0 CCC opposition 2 CCC - too many long shots (7 out of the ten made), not enough crossing and both opposition goals from players running in behind the wing back

Forest (H) W 3-1 64% possession 6 CCC opposition 0 CCC - same issues defensively as the Watford game, marking is school boyish on set pieces but possession and movement off the ball are really good

Bristol City (A) W 2-1 54% possession 2 CCC opposition 2 CCC Bristol missed a penalty (same problem player running in behind the wing back getting fouled)

Summary Played 4 Won 3 Drawn 0 Lost 1 Scored 6 Conceded 4 11 CCC For 4 CCC Against

Play is similar to Arsenal/Barcelona as possession and quick passing look lovely but sometimes a bit frustrating when the winger doesn't whip a ball in, this means my striker(s) on 19 goals apiece are getting less service. Also your wingers get loads of chances so finishing and composure should be priority stats! Pretty good so far especially as I've not had time to let the tactic bed in, match preparation has most of the bars at accomplished. There seems to be less CCC for the opposition but I'll reserve judgment until I've bought in a few players based on the filters for my assault on the premiership!

Great news! And like I said, please tweak with the tactic and I will update it, would love to have some input from people :D

First season in the premier ship - sticking to the standard immovable object at the moment, results so far:

Liverpool (H) D 2-2 still an issue with set pieces but I did find changing the MCR to a forward arrow and removing use play maker created more space and 4 CCC each

Birmingham (H) L 2-1 4CCC to their 5CCC my first eleven is okay but I fear for my survival if I don't start picking up more points...

Charlton (A) W 2-0 1 CCC each, but dominated possession

Chelsea (A) L 2-0 1 CCC to Chelsea's 3 This is looking like a long hard season, switched to false 9 second half but it didn't help

Blackburn (A) L 2-0 0 CCC to there 2 CCC

Spurs (H) L 3-0 no CCC, 4 CCC to Spurs, back the drawing board for me I'm afraid, The tactic has plenty of potential but the conceding from set pieces and crosses really lets it down. Played 6 Won 1 Drawn 1 Lost 4 Goals for 4 Goals against 13 CCC for 10 CCC against 19.

• 5 months later...

Archived