Transfer listed by request!

Last night I finished my game and none of my first team were transfer listed.

I have just started the game and my best defender is transfer listed by request.

1. How do I cancel this?

2. Why has this happened?

I did not do this, he did not chat to me about this, I did not go on holiday.

What's going on?

Last night I finished my game and none of my first team were transfer listed.

I have just started the game and my best defender is transfer listed by request.

1. How do I cancel this?

2. Why has this happened?

I did not do this, he did not chat to me about this, I did not go on holiday.

What's going on?

If a player asks to be transfer listed by request you can't undo it once you accept the request(I always get asked. I assume this is the only way). If he becomes happy or feels he wants to stay again he will ask to be taken off the transfer list. It may have happened because he was unhappy and you may have accidently clicked to accept when it come uo not noticing what it was. You may not have. You don't have to sell him but if you keep him he may upset some of your other members of your squad.

I just looked in last chats with him and he says he chose because I didn't offer him a new contract, he has only been with me for six months, he never mentioned a new contract. I can't offer him a new one because it is red, will he chat soon?

You won't be able to offer him a new contract until he asks for his transfer request to be cancelled. Which will take as long as he wants it to. I don't know whether you can talk to him. Maybe give it a try.

I just looked in last chats with him and he says he chose because I didn't offer him a new contract, he has only been with me for six months, he never mentioned a new contract. I can't offer him a new one because it is red, will he chat soon?

If you want to keep him you should be very good to him now: no criticism, no fines, ask for his advice, you can even try and make him a captain. Just do anything to make him happy! No manager would do it in RL, but we don't have other options in the game...

I'm sorry but you don't ever make a player who isn't suitable for captaincy a captain as it causes more problems. Especially with the previous captain.

You can't do it in RL but it's still a game and if you think that you can solve your problem in some urealistic ways why not? The present captain, of course, will get upset as well as some other players. You will talk to them, make them happy again, your troubled player will feel better too, accept a new contract, you will change a captain again, solve some new problems again and keep on playing your save with evrobody happy. Besides players won't request to be transfer listed after taking their captaincy from them.

You can't do it in RL but it's still a game and if you think that you can solve your problem in some urealistic ways why not? The present captain, of course, will get upset as well as some other players. You will talk to them, make them happy again, your troubled player will feel better too, accept a new contract, you will change a captain again, solve some new problems again and keep on playing your save with evrobody happy. Besides players won't request to be transfer listed after taking their captaincy from them.

I'm sorry but it doesn't work like that. It would cause more problems so I wouldn't advise it henry gruby. However, it's your game and if you think V1adimir's advice is good then use it.

I'm sorry but it doesn't work like that. It would cause more problems so I wouldn't advise it henry gruby. However, it's your game and if you think V1adimir's advice is good then use it.

Actually it wasn't an advice I just mentioned it as one of possibilities as I said "you can even try and make him a captain". I wouldn't do it myself in my save as I think a manager shouldn't lick player's boots whatever happens. But as you said yourself the game I play is mine, the game you play is yours, the game Henry plays is his, so we can do whatever we want in our saves and try some non traditional ways to play it.

You won't be able to offer him a new contract until he asks for his transfer request to be cancelled. Which will take as long as he wants it to. I don't know whether you can talk to him. Maybe give it a try.

I have this problem as well - I granted a transfer request for a player on 4-5 year contract because I would't give in to his trippling of his contract. Now I have been promoted twice and would like to give him a new and better contract, but he doesn't want to negotiate.

He is playing 80-90% of the games during a season (being rested a few times) and his status states: "Considering leaving the club" and has remained unchanged for a few years.

He wants to leave becuase of the contract, but doesn't want to negotiate a contract? Catch 22. He has now been playing in my club with a rubbish contract when he could have a vastly improved one, but he doesn't even want to see my offer?

I would prefer if I could have an option to make the player reconsider his status in the conversation screen.

Making him captain is definatly the worst thing you could ever do. Especially if your actual Captain is loved and the team is motivating itself fine to play under him. Just do interactions and if he still wants to leave, well then, let him. Unfortunately the reasons for why he wants to leave is probably down to the terrible way the AI acts and interacts in the game at this point. Wait for new patch if it bothers you too much or play an international career.

Archived