I love my board..... :D

So, i'm managing Milan in 2nd year with E49,000/week that will expired in 2 years.

So, in the end of a dreadful season, finish 3rd behind Sampdoria and Inter, 1st round of both ECL and Tim Cup; Franco Baresi, the new board replacing Berlusconi in november inject E51 Mil for transfer even though the club is in heavy debt.

Is that enough ?

The answer is no. Franco Baresi apparently come to offer me new 5 years contact with a very significant raise. from previous 49k to a whooping 135k p/w !!!

Now comes the funniest part of this thread. Out of curiousity, i negotiated the term asking a 200,000 p/w and guess what ? He gsaid it was unacceptable and suggesting a 235,000 p/w. LOL.

SI, please fix this in the next patch.

I love managing lower league clubs and after receiving a new contract offer from my board I change salary to 1$ p/w and the board happily agrees with it. It lets me have more money on club's balance as I won't be able to use the money I earned anyway...

I love managing lower league clubs and after receiving a new contract offer from my board I change salary to 1$ p/w and the board happily agrees with it. It lets me have more money on club's balance as I won't be able to use the money I earned anyway...

And now if things go wrong, they can sack you virtually for free and so will be much more trigger-happy. Salary isn't just cosmetic :p

Yeah i do the same as V1adimir, as personal money can't be spend in any way it's pointless to be paid loads... And i'm such a good manager i never get sacked ;)

Should be able to donate some of your earnings back into the club for transfer fund, or buy yourself a yacht or something...

Never thought of doing this before, I may give it a go.

So basically when I'm offered a new contract at Liverpool, I should ask for £1 a week and this will free up more money and wages for players?

Never thought of doing this before, I may give it a go.

So basically when I'm offered a new contract at Liverpool, I should ask for £1 a week and this will free up more money and wages for players?

It might. Still depends on your board as the wage budget doesn't include the manager's salary.

I'm managing Vauxhall Motors at the moment so every penny counts!

Yeah i do the same as V1adimir, as personal money can't be spend in any way it's pointless to be paid loads... And i'm such a good manager i never get sacked ;)

Should be able to donate some of your earnings back into the club for transfer fund, or buy yourself a yacht or something...

Buying a yacht is still useless as you won't be able to use it. It would be nice if a manager were able to buy a football club for the money he earned, hire a chairman, directors, etc. Players can! Why managers can't?

Buying a yacht is still useless as you won't be able to use it. It would be nice if a manager were able to buy a football club for the money he earned, hire a chairman, directors, etc. Players can! Why managers can't?

Yeah i know it would still have no in-game reprocussions, just would still be nicer than just having money and not being able to do anything. Kind of like in Total club manager where you'd buy boats cars houses etc.

However, i would much prefer what you suggest, but then it is straying from the football manager idea and towards a completely different game of football chairman

And the entire discussion seem to miss the point this thread is made. Clearly, no one is bothered by the strange behavior of the board offering you more money than you negotiated for.....

What did you expect? You should post it in the bug forum if you want it to be fixed!

I imagine if you take the 1 squid a week option other clubs would offer you jobs more frequently as well because they wouldn't have to pay as much compensation. I personaly always try get as much money as possible because my chairman is a total %$#* and i don't thnk he needs any more cash to spend on fur coats for his mistress.

I imagine if you take the 1 squid a week option other clubs would offer you jobs more frequently as well because they wouldn't have to pay as much compensation. I personaly always try get as much money as possible because my chairman is a total %$#* and i don't thnk he needs any more cash to spend on fur coats for his mistress.

How Jose Mourinho of you!

People can play the game however they want, but for me asking for £1 per week is tantamount to cheating. Or rather being an exploitative little s**t!!! :)

Come on! The whole FM series are a big "cheat", because no matter how good a simulation game is, it will never replicate the real life. So, you are a cheap cheat yourself!

Archived