It doesn't matter if you have John Terry in League Two...

Don't agree. I won the Blue Square prem first season by a point, kept my same back 4 and keeper and got promoted from League Two, finished 2nd by a point. Sure i conceeded a few more goals than the previous season, but still got up!

how long has john terry been at the club? How many games did you play to come to this conclusion?

An aging JT might not fit into your team, john terry is also very slow and probably struggles to keep up with the frantic pace of the lower leagues.

Anyway your doing something the game probably struggles to fit into its computations, there is no chance this would happen normally and when you use the editor or FMRTE things dont always work properly.

Anyway i would be looking at the rest of your team, there is no way your central defenders will play amazingly if the rest of your team is terrible, they will just be under pressure constantly and two ageing defenders with no protection will get caught out.

Yes, Tried it in League Two

So you had Terry and Carvalho in your team for a full season? Im sure they was extatic to be playing there. What was their morale like? Also what is the rest of your team like i.e Strikers. If you cant score goals theres not really much point in a good defense is there?

So you had Terry and Carvalho in your team for a full season? Im sure they was extatic to be playing there. What was their morale like? Also what is the rest of your team like i.e Strikers. If you cant score goals theres not really much point in a good defense is there?

Surely this is more of a reason to have a good defence?

I too have problems in L2 with CBs. Ive tried to negate this by just ignoring it and going all out attack, Ossie Ardiles style!

Surely this is more of a reason to have a good defence?

I too have problems in L2 with CBs. Ive tried to negate this by just ignoring it and going all out attack, Ossie Ardiles style!

No thats not what I meant. Its like the OP is trying to say he should never concede a goal (or as near to it) with Chelsea's centre backs. If you have got strikers that cant score, your only ever going to get 0-0 results so its pretty pointless either way.

the best offence is a good defence :p (if your jose mourinho) xD

The rest of the team is League Two standard players...

If you're team is good enough too finish fourth in League Two with their regular squad, you shouldn't expect to finish higher just because you've got the entire Chelsea back four.

Try the reverse - replace John Terry with a League Two centre back and it won't make any difference - you won't concede more goals over a period

I am pretty sure if I switched Chelsea and Stockport back 4 I would concede more goals. The point here is that no defence will ever stop every shot, or every chance. If you have a poor keeper he will let a lot of shots in. If you have a poor midfield they will get dominated and more through balls to the strikers. If you have poor fullbacks they can be exploited by wingers. If you have players with poor concentration and marking then you can concede from corners. Centre backs are not the only people who prevent goals.

i take it from the information you have provided [/sarcasm] that your team are conceeding a lot of goals in L2.

what formation are you playing and what are your team and individual player instructions? what do you have your match preparation set to?

are both of your CB's slow, ageing players?

look carefully at your team, where are your weaknesses? work this out and work how to fix it

Archived