FM 2011 waaaay too easy, 100 unbeaten in the league

So i'm Man Utd, i've created my own very basic formation and I never change it, it's the same every match.

The only players i've bought that get into my 1st team are Hazard and Adler.....but i've now gone 100 games unbeaten!

Just getting a bit boring now so not sure who to start with for more of a challenge?

(not sure how to upload photo?)

http://yfrog.com/71100notoutj

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1332/100notout.jpg

100notout.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a challange for you. Me and my mates have started a challenge similar to Dafuges. Put the game on holiday for the first season (until 24th june 2011) then take over one of the two teams that have just been relegated from League Two to the Blue Square Prem. You have to take them to Premier League and Champions League Glory. I'm Stockport, my friends between them are managing Oxford, Lincoln and Macclesfield. Should be a bit more difficult than managing Man utd!

Congrats on the ton, but really you must know how silly you sound choosing Man Utd and saying the game is too easy. I acknowledge that 100 games unbeaten is still a very impressive effort, though if you genuinely wanted a challenge you would not have selected one of the strongest teams in the world.

Go for a lower league side in financial trouble. I'm averaging 45 people to home games with a transfer budget of $120 and an increasing debt. It's frustratingly difficult, but equally rewarding when things go right. I urge you to give it a go.

More challenging than Man Utd?

Everyone.

haha, exactly my thoughts. 100 unbeaten is great. thumbs up. But you not sure who can be more challenging?

Dafuge Challenge as mentioned. or

Find a team with point deductions.

Find a team with no money. (not sure where though. ;) )

Find an old team - aging squad.

Choose a league you have never played in. Play in Spain and don't be one of the big two.

Start unemployed.

Im sure the list can be longer.

how boring is this guy gloating because of his success. i won every single game one season with Manchester City and i'm not saying this game is easy i know i'm good at this game and i know their a top team it should go hand in hand once it became my team. clearly your shoked by your success.

Pot, Kettle, Black.........

I think the biggest challenge comes from taking on a club after a manager has been sacked (probably in the middle leagues like L1/L2). The club is usually in a poor league position with awful morale and dire finances. Trying to sort all that mess out isn't easy.

how boring is this guy gloating because of his success. i won every single game one season with Manchester City and i'm not saying this game is easy i know i'm good at this game and i know their a top team it should go hand in hand once it became my team. clearly your shoked by your success.

Thanks for that, nice to know you think I'm boring!

I'm not gloating though and I never claimed to be good at the game, if anything it's annoying how easy it is.

As I said, I bought 2 players, picked a formation and that's it....if I can just do that and go 100 unbeaten anyone can....and for me that's just too easy!

I've just downloaded the leagues to level 8...any suggestions who to start with, or shall I start unemployed?

OP-

1. Stop reloading your game save.

2. Play a team other than a Premier league team, and definately not Utd.

3. Seriously? I mean really?

It's perfectly possible to go on a run like the OP has. My record thus far is 24 with Blyth Spartans - with a world class side like Manchester United it's definitely possible.

As it stands, the game IS too easy. And it seems everyone who believes so are actually using pretty much the pre-set tactics. My theory is that the simpler the tactic, the easier it is to understand for the players and the better the player is, the better he'll perform within an "easy" formation.

It's perfectly possible to go on a run like the OP has. My record thus far is 24 with Blyth Spartans - with a world class side like Manchester United it's definitely possible.

As it stands, the game IS too easy. And it seems everyone who believes so are actually using pretty much the pre-set tactics. My theory is that the simpler the tactic, the easier it is to understand for the players and the better the player is, the better he'll perform within an "easy" formation.

If the game is too easy then take it off Normal difficulty and put it at the hardest setting. Don't play the 4-5-1 or the 4-1-1-2-2 (the I WIN formation) and go from there. Coming on the boards and complaining that the game is too easy when you are playing easy mode with an easy team doesn't really make much sense.

If the game is too easy then take it off Normal difficulty and put it at the hardest setting. Don't play the 4-5-1 or the 4-1-1-2-2 (the I WIN formation) and go from there. Coming on the boards and complaining that the game is too easy when you are playing easy mode with an easy team doesn't really make much sense.

Pre-set 4-4-2 with no tactical tweaks with Blyth Spartans and I've lost all of 8 games in two and a half seasons. Similar results with Everton. I mean absolutely no tweak whatsoever - nothing to set pieces etc. - just a 4-4-2 pre-set.

I'm actually not even aware of an "I Win" formation.

In my opinion, the ME is really simplistic at the moment. It could definitely do with a bit of an overhaul so that tactical tweaking is a bit more of a necessity to win games rather than a hindrance.

But my point is you are playing with the top team in the Premier league with very good players. Thats like mugging someone on the street when it's 6 of you against 1 person, and all of you have either guns or knives. Then complaining that it was too easy. Ridiculous mate.

But my point is you are playing with the top team in the Premier league with very good players. Thats like mugging someone on the street when it's 6 of you against 1 person, and all of you have either guns or knives. Then complaining that it was too easy. Ridiculous mate.

Your missing the point Tubey made about going on a good run unbeaten with BLYTH SPARTANS. Thats why he's saying the game is too easy.

My theory is that the simpler the tactic, the easier it is to understand for the players and the better the player is, the better he'll perform within an "easy" formation.

pretty much stating the obvious for any real life footballer. Just shows the game does follow real tactics closely. A 4-4-2 is much easier to understand for a player than a more exotic formation, therefor they understand their role better and play better, hence your team is more succesful.

The game isn't easy. The way you/people play it decides the difficulty factor.

My own rules with Hearts are 1. not looking at attributes or stats when scouting/signing players 2. only appointing unattached, British staff.

I'm really enjoying that save - not too difficult or easy.

Many people would like to play with a top team or even just a large one without automatically wining the league. IRL the premiership is up for grabs by several teams in ame your lucky if a team pushes you after january.

be realistic, only Man Utd, Arsenal, or Chelsea will realisticaly have a chance of winning the Prem this season, the rest may challenge up to xmas but will drop off, maybe man City but it will depend on how they gel as a team. The EPL is no where near as competitive as people make out, 2-3 teams are capable of winning the league, the rest make up numbers and relegation places really. its a league that can easily be dominated, look at man u for the past 10 years.

Teams don't win 5+ leagues in a row, and most seasons go to the last couple of games. In game you can win the Epl with any championship team within five years.

do you really need me to look up all the teams that have won the league 5 times in a row? It does happen more than you might think.

i take it you have done this with every championship team then yes?

Lower leagues teams are waiting for you burneyrubs.

Will you have the skill to take one of them to Premier without cheating ? I seriously doubt that.

I took Dorchester Town to PL in 7 seasons.

Never used a player search button. Never cheated. 90% of my transfers were free agents suggested by my scouts, ass man and backroom advice. So not really a challenge.

Maybe taking on some of the level 9-10-11 English club will help. Although it's just the matter of time in FM before you take some NLS club to EPL. The game is pretty easy.

And i suppose the game would be great if it wasnt possible to win anything unless your man u or chelsea like in real life. Its a game ffs and supposed to be fun. If it wasnt possible for small teams to rule the world then no one would buy it.

While I agree that starting with a lower league team and trying to repeat the same feat is an exciting and tough challenge, it is a different one to what the OP is looking for.

Alot of people who buy this game will want to start off as a top team like United. If after a couple of seasons they are going 100 games unbeaten (persuming no cheating involved) then for me the AI is not strong enough to give the user a realistic challenge. I think with a better structure for AI squad building, teams will not only give the user more competition, but also more consistency in league finishes. I find far too many top teams 'yo-yo' too much.

Id like to see a framework coded into the game for AI managers where they build squads based on their 'preferred formation' and 'playing style' while also keeping an eye on the average age and reserve/youth teams. Far too many AI teams with aging squads and way too many players for one postion.

Simple way to settle this really, has a modern PL team ever gone 100 games unbeaten in the league?

I don't think so, will it ever happen? I don't think so.

Therefore the game is clearly too easy/crap.

For those who say the game is too easy, betcha haven't managed an Asian club before. Try taking an lower league Asian club to glory. Maybe win a World Cup with an Asian nation as well. ;)

If you set goals and try to achieve them, then your game save isn't so easy. You get so much more enjoyment from your game save.

Try one of the Small Club to Big Club Challenges (including mine) if you fancy a real challenge.

For those who say the game is too easy, betcha haven't managed an Asian club before. Try taking an lower league Asian club to glory. Maybe win a World Cup with an Asian nation as well. ;)

If you set goals and try to achieve them, then your game save isn't so easy. You get so much more enjoyment from your game save.

Try one of the Small Club to Big Club Challenges (including mine) if you fancy a real challenge.

I would love to do that if it wasn't for the stupid player masking rule lol.

The OP is right people are saying he should start as a lower team but he wants to play as Man United, sure they are one of the best teams in the world but there should still be some sort of challenge even when playing as the best team.

I wouldn't think this is possible without reloading. You're just bound to lose a game sooner or later.

Congrats if legit though, even if it's easier with Man Utd. I went a full Championship season unbeaten with Newcastle last year which is almost half that. :D

I would love to do that if it wasn't for the stupid player masking rule lol.

The OP is right people are saying he should start as a lower team but he wants to play as Man United, sure they are one of the best teams in the world but there should still be some sort of challenge even when playing as the best team.

Player masking rule makes it harder, since you don't know the attributes and skills of everyone IRL. :p

It basically forces you to use your scouts. And all the other challenges have it so I have that rule as well. Although my challenge is the first one to allow xml files and I have another radical idea to my challenge that I'm debating whether to add this year or FM12 (for fairness and all). Might have a chat with the other Small Club to Big Club challenge creators about that.

I already allowed the use to load players from other countries other than the one you're managing so my challenge has the least 'rules' (and most lenient)

I think it's more of lack of challenge at the big clubs because you already have a team in place. You only need to make certain tweaks in the first few seasons. But at the lower league you have to make changes yearly to get to the top. At Manchester United most managers will more or less have the same squad, but at a club like FCUM or AFC Wimbledon, you have to make more changes as you go up the leagues and every manager will have different players, and more diversity.

Player masking rule makes it harder, since you don't know the attributes and skills of everyone IRL. :p

It basically forces you to use your scouts. And all the other challenges have it so I have that rule as well. Although my challenge is the first one to allow xml files and I have another radical idea to my challenge that I'm debating whether to add this year or FM12 (for fairness and all). Might have a chat with the other Small Club to Big Club challenge creators about that.

I already allowed the use to load players from other countries other than the one you're managing so my challenge has the least 'rules' (and most lenient)

I think it's more of lack of challenge at the big clubs because you already have a team in place. You only need to make certain tweaks in the first few seasons. But at the lower league you have to make changes yearly to get to the top. At Manchester United most managers will more or less have the same squad, but at a club like FCUM or AFC Wimbledon, you have to make more changes as you go up the leagues and every manager will have different players, and more diversity.

I can see why people use masking it just really puts me off big time.

I know what you mean about being a big club but there should be more of a challenge on FM. People want realism and no matter how easy people say it is to manage big clubs there should be some challenge, it is extremely unrealistic to take any team in England and win 30 titles in a row with them. The AI management needs to be improved the big clubs drop away too easily and never provide any competition.

I can see why people use masking it just really puts me off big time.

I know what you mean about being a big club but there should be more of a challenge on FM. People want realism and no matter how easy people say it is to manage big clubs there should be some challenge, it is extremely unrealistic to take any team in England and win 30 titles in a row with them. The AI management needs to be improved the big clubs drop away too easily and never provide any competition.

That problem you stated has been in the game for a while. AI managers can't build teams properly with equal emphasis in the long term and short term as you go more and more into the future. It always going to get a little easier when you're settled at a club, simply because Human intelligence > AI. We're always going to be better than the AI.

The thing is, its almost impossible to get the game to play like the real world. And even if they did, the amount of people that would kick up a fuss about it would be unbelieveable.

Imagine Man Utd's season so far but in FM..........

15 games in the league unbeaten so far (+1 SI for something which is in the realms of possibility)

8 Home games, Won 7 and Drew 1 (+1 SI. Again perfectly possible and what you would expect)

7 Away games, Won 1 and Drew 6 (-1 SI. OMG why cant I win away? The game is a joke blah blah blah)

Winning 2-1 and concede in the last minute. 2-2 Draw (-1 SI. I am Man Utd, why cant I beat Fulham away. The game is fixed. Hangeland only scored because he's just scored an O.G and the game wanted to even it out.)

Winning 3-1 with 30 seconds normal time remaining and draw 3-3 (-1 SI. OMG. Why when I try to substitute players does the opposing team always score! How can Cahill jump 80ft in the air. Defending is bugged!)

I beat Liverpool last week and play the same team. Why cant Berbatov get a shot on target when he scored 3 last week? One on Ones are bugged. -1 SI

My team still cant win away. My team cant pass or defend. Aston Villa reserves just absolutely battered me. I HATE THIS GAME. -1 SI

All of the above are real life scenarios that have happened so far this season. Yet if they happened in FM, the comments in brackets are what would flood the forums.

Its eaither too hard or too easy. Too much liek real life or too much wrong and shouldnt happen. At the end of the day its a game.

StevoRobbo ...best post in this thread. You just can't please everyone. I play with Boro and am almost finished my first season. I've made some transfers, got some loaners, and I've loaned out some. I'm in 3rd place in the Championship right now and it looks like Sheff Utd is going to take it. I have the game on Hard difficulty and am having a blast. It's very challenging.

The thing is, its almost impossible to get the game to play like the real world. And even if they did, the amount of people that would kick up a fuss about it would be unbelieveable.

15 games in the league unbeaten so far (+1 SI for something which is in the realms of possibility)

8 Home games, Won 7 and Drew 1 (+1 SI. Again perfectly possible and what you would expect)

7 Away games, Won 1 and Drew 6 (-1 SI. OMG why cant I win away? The game is a joke blah blah blah)

Winning 2-1 and concede in the last minute. 2-2 Draw (-1 SI. I am Man Utd, why cant I beat Fulham away. The game is fixed. Hangeland only scored because he's just scored an O.G and the game wanted to even it out.)

Winning 3-1 with 30 seconds normal time remaining and draw 3-3 (-1 SI. OMG. Why when I try to substitute players does the opposing team always score! How can Cahill jump 80ft in the air. Defending is bugged!)

I beat Liverpool last week and play the same team. Why cant Berbatov get a shot on target when he scored 3 last week? One on Ones are bugged. -1 SI

My team still cant win away. My team cant pass or defend. Aston Villa reserves just absolutely battered me. I HATE THIS GAME. -1 SI

All of the above are real life scenarios that have happened so far this season. Yet if they happened in FM, the comments in brackets are what would flood the forums.

Its eaither too hard or too easy. Too much liek real life or too much wrong and shouldnt happen. At the end of the day its a game.

+1

Great post. Si cant win on things like this

And I find it extremely difficult to believe that he's played 100+ games and never lost once. Cmon ..almost 3 seasons of being straight undefeated? Even as Boro, I've played teams that were so bad as far as players, their coach was about to be fired cause of performance and they just ripped me a new one in matches.

OP- can you provide an actual video showing you of having 100 games unbeaten? Not screenshots pls.

That would be my thoughts as well, even playing as real madrid in any FM you will lose a game at some point, christ even in the scottish league playing as rangers and celtic you will dominate but you will lose a game from time to time.

Stevorobbo best post i have seen on here, completely spot on!

this is excellent.

Archived