Does scouting cost?

I'm managing in League One and my clubs finances aren't that great to be honest. However after a discussion with the board they've allowed me to scout further afield.

Now if i send my scouts to countries lin Europe like sweden, poland etc or roaming in scandanavia or central europe will this have a big impact on my finances?

Say if i just scout one player from a Polish league club would that cost as well?

I'm just trying to figure out if it's actaully worth sending scouts out abroad for long periods of time or if i should just leave it for the odd occassion

I presume so. Thats why I think smaller clubs have a limit on where they can send scouts. If your a league 1 side, I dont think they can really afford to send somebody abroad and put them up in a hotel for x amount of months to look at a few players.

If people are unsure if it costs more to send scouts abroad... how on earth do you think they get there?

This is of course assuming that SI have coded with specifics for it, which they likely haven't.

Considering the 'Other' expense category consists of travel and I've had my team spend the same amount there in a month for 4 road games or 4 home games.

The best they could probably do is some average number for travel, they aren't going to have different values for different areas of the world of course, far too complicated. But I really doubt they would take into account a single personals travel costs more so then the whole team.

But I've seen no noticeable difference with 3 scouts out scouting various regions and no scouts even on the payroll.

I have read on these forums that the game does indeed take travel costs into account for scouting, under the Other catagory...that if you have a guy scouting, say, South America and ask him to get a match report on a guy playing in Serie A, your travel costs will be significantly increased for the round trip, and will his ability to find new players in South America will be reduced, since he's not there for a spell. But from what I understood, travel costs within a given country are not taken into account...just international travel.

Archived