BEST EVER FOOTBALL MANAGER COMEBACK

Ok I Just Had to inform you guys of this...

WIGAN 0 - 3 CHARLTON at half time!!!!!

CAME BACK TO WIN YES WIN

WIGAN 5 - 3 CHARLTON

Although i am still just above relegation there might be hope for next season...

BEST EVER FOOTBALL MANAGER COMEBACK ANY CHALLENGERS???

Ok I Just Had to inform you guys of this...

WIGAN 0 - 3 CHARLTON at half time!!!!!

CAME BACK TO WIN YES WIN

WIGAN 5 - 3 CHARLTON

Although i am still just above relegation there might be hope for next season...

BEST EVER FOOTBALL MANAGER COMEBACK ANY CHALLENGERS???

Well, I've been on the wrong end of the exact situation you gave.

We had promotion all but in the bag, 0-3 up at Cowdenbeath approaching HT, a win which would send us 8 points clear with our rivals having just 3 games left. We blew up and lost 5-3, followed it up with a 1-1 draw at home to Elgin and missed top spot on goal difference.

Thankfully we edged through the promotion play-off, funnily enough beating Cowdenbeath 9-4 on aggregate in the end icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CF4ONE:

glamdring are you going to challenge the comeback or are you going to MOAN ABOUT THE CAPITAL LETTERS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll have a moan then.

House Rules

Hopefully I won't have to mention it again.

nope sorry mate your not even close, i as middlesborough on a 2 player game was 4-0 down at, i pulled it back to 4-3

to then go further behind 5-3 i levelled it in the 95th minute 5-5 and beat them on penaltys,

happy to show a screenie when i get indoors aswell,

just a shame i lost to arsenal in the final

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CF4ONE:

glamdring are you going to challenge the comeback or are you going to MOAN ABOUT THE CAPITAL LETTERS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll have a moan then.

House Rules

Hopefully I won't have to mention it again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

House roles state posting in all capitals are rude and offensive

However they state nothing about stressing a point you want to make. That is not rude nor offensive.

Personally, i just thought this poster was happy with regard to his win. He posted on the forum stating this fact stressing what he wanted to.

Freedom of speech an all that and not a breach of house rules.

Jeez - talk about high and mighty!

Well, once when on FM07, I was playing in Russia with CSKA Moscow, my first league game in charge was against Zenit St.Petersberg.

Playing at home, I found my team 3-0 down after just 20 minutes! Somewhat distressed/angered by this, I made a double substitution after the 3rd goal went in, changing from the 4-4-2 system we started with to a 3-4-3 system. We pulled one back through before the break, and went into halftime 3-1 behind.

At the break I read my team the riot act, questioning their passion for the game.....................this worked a treat, well, that and changing my passing to "long" using a good header of the ball as my target man. We roared back and took the game 6-3, the legendary figures of Vagner Love and Jo in amongst the goals.

Not quite as good as some comebacks, and not on FM08 either, but sensational nevertheless, and a pround FM moment for me.

The best comeback was made by, sadly, my adversary.

I was Real Madrid, facing ManU in the 8th of Champions League.

I won 6-0 at home for the first leg.

For the second leg, I though it was safe as hell and did not send out my best players.

I lost 0-6 in ninety minutes, and went further to 0-8 after extra time.

Looking at half of them records, most of them look like they had the assistance of FM Modifier, Seriously, I'm looking at some of the player records and then I look at the players in my game they can't even compare, Their potential isn't even good enough to one-day be that way. :/ *sigh*

Been on teh receiving end of an near-unbelievable AI comeback. As Sheff Wed manager in the 4th round of the FA cup against Birmingham City, I found my self 4-0 up at half time. I Told the players the were doing well, they went back out and scored again on 47 minutes. Then it started. Before the 80th minute it was 5-5! I actually started sweating at this point. Thankfully in extra time My Wiley awarded me a penalty which Malcolm Christie duly dispatched. I actually felt sorry for Brucey afterwards.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amorwong:

For the second leg, I though it was safe as hell and did not send out my best players.

I lost 0-6 in ninety minutes, and went further to 0-8 after extra time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Incredible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eaglealan64:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amorwong:

I lost 0-6 in ninety minutes, and went further to 0-8 after extra time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Incredible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It just happened yesterday with the new 8.0.2 (of cox I am not attributing my enbarassing defeat to this)

I went down 0-2 in half time, then I changed two players for the better ones, but.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheep Head:

Been on teh receiving end of an near-unbelievable AI comeback. As Sheff Wed manager in the 4th round of the FA cup against Birmingham City, I found my self 4-0 up at half time. I Told the players the were doing well, they went back out and scored again on 47 minutes. Then it started. Before the 80th minute it was 5-5! I actually started sweating at this point. Thankfully in extra time My Wiley awarded me a penalty which Malcolm Christie duly dispatched. I actually felt sorry for Brucey afterwards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hang in there, the feeling will pass.

I did the same with a Liverpool vs. Everton league cup semi-final. Gubbed them 5-0 at home and sent out reserves for the 2nd leg. Thankfully the return score was 5-1, so I sneaked through but did not deserve it.

Even better, the fans were pleased with the result icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yunny:

The best comebacks are always against you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

My greatest comeback since switching to 8.02 waswith Arsenal.

A 3-2 victory over Manchester United at Old Trafford.

I was trailing 2-1 at half time, Asamoah Gyan scored in the 72 minute to tie it, and again at 87 for the victory.

A more important comeback was against Portsmouth. John Utaka scored in the 19 minute and I trailed the entire game.

Van Persie had the ball and was taking it to goal. Nigel Reo-Coker fouls him and the ref awards a penalty in the 89 minute. Miguel Veloso buries it, tying the game and keeping my undefeated EPL season alive.

I did finish the season undefeated.

30 Wins, 8 Draws.

81 Goals For, 15 Goals Against

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yunny:

The best comebacks are always against you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's true.

I was up 3-0 on Werder Bremen in the Champs League by the 27 minute.

Half-time score was 3-1

Tim Borowski scored at 47 to make it 3-2. And then Kolo Toure scored an own goal in the 69 to tie the game. Fortunately, Nicklas Bendtner scored at 82 to secure the win, and to qualify me for the next round of the Champs League

ok,...Last night, i beat arsenal at Old Trafford in the first leg of the champs league QTR Final 5-0.

i was thrilled as you can imagine.

Second leg comes around and guess what?

Arsenal 8-0 Man Utd

wtf?

same exact formation and tactic destroyed them in first leg. 2 weeks later and it's useless.

that however has to be the best comeback i've witnessed albeit for the Opposition.

Ms. Winehouse the tears do not dry on their own. their still flowing freely down my cheek icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

Personally my eyes are more than capable of reading lowercase letters. All capitals just smacks of someone screaming for attention </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Such wit. Well done mate. Don't know if you got this, but he is pretty happy icon_biggrin.gif about the comeback and wanted to share that with us.

I would suggest that the bold and caps are appropriate.

Good comeback CF4ONE, beats all of mine.

ok then i just got told off online... icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

consider yourself put in your place. Stop trying to celebrate the game.

CONFORM

My best was playing as Brondby, I was 4-0 down to a Danish team beggining with E (Ejsborg? I can't remember now). It quickly went to 5-1, before my team rose from the ashes to make it 5-5, and then, agonisingly, having a last minute winner disallowed.

My most satisfying comeback came just this evening though. As Liverpool, I was 4-2 to Man Utd at half time, but went on to win 5-4. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J@sz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

Personally my eyes are more than capable of reading lowercase letters. All capitals just smacks of someone screaming for attention </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Such wit. Well done mate. Don't know if you got this, but he is pretty happy icon_biggrin.gif about the comeback and wanted to share that with us.

I would suggest that the bold and caps are appropriate.

Good comeback CF4ONE, beats all of mine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree, maybe a few of them were really needed for dramatic effect, but not that many, in particular the thread title.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by damienroden:

LOL IMO you shouldnt care, IIRC i got told off. ROTFL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

translation please?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J@sz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by damienroden:

LOL IMO you shouldnt care, IIRC i got told off. ROTFL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

translation please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a joke about the house rule on 'text speak'.

Archived