Wish I could make all comments at any time

My right defender picked up his second yellow card 8 minutes into the game against a top ranked team. Now at half time we are down 3 nil. So, I want to show my anger at the player. But that option is not available. I can say I have faith, I can say I expect a performance, or I can say there is no pressure on tonight. Why in the world am I not able to say what I want during my pep talks.

I think all the comments should be available all of the time. Sometimes I want to tell my team it was a good effort despite the result, but that option is not available. I do not understand why SI puts these limits there. It seems to take away from some of the realism of the game. In real life, a manager can say any number of things. The game already only limits us to a few standard comments. Why take even some of those away at times?

Ive often thought this - many times when being 1-0 down and wanting to 'engorage' the team, instead my only option in that spot is "You can win this!" ... when in reality, no we probably cant - but I would like to encourage them to get the goal for a draw ;p

Yeah I agree, especially with team talks, I'd really like a much greater range of choices. It annoys me most when I'm winning 3-0 or so at half time, when I know if I say 'Pleased' my players hear 'Please completely collapse in the second half', or 'Delighted' where they hear 'That's enough lads, no more goals please, just play out a dull, uneventful second half'.

Now I'm in a pep talk and I'm able to tell some players to "prove a point" but not others. At first I thought it might be because of their ratings. But that doesn't seem to be the case. I am having a hard time justifying a reason why the game will not allow me to make a comment to some players, but allow it for others in the very same pep talk. I think this stinks! I hope SI is listening. I really think this needs to be fixed.

Archived