Ronaldo (The Goofy One)

Why can't I buy him?

First season BTW. There is no 'Make Offer' option. I assume some rule/technical-reason is the answer, but if anyone can shed any light on this for me please.

I'm trying to reunite the 3 R's to tutor my youngsters. I have Rivaldo and Roberto Carlos should be on his way soon enough. :D

Damn...

that's the REAL Ronaldo... it saddens me to see people feel the need to point out he's "the goofy/fatass/old/other one" so others won't mistake him for Cronaldo

There's only one Ronaldo, and for sure it's not the sissy one now at Madrid ;)

Damn...

that's the REAL Ronaldo... it saddens me to see people feel the need to point out he's "the goofy/fatass/old/other one" so others won't mistake him for Cronaldo

I sort of agree with with you. Ronaldo was one heck of a player and amazing to watch, more so than the current one and it is very sad how some players end up but Cristiano has already matched, if not surpassed Ronaldo in terms of personal performance and achievements and he is still around 9 years Ronaldo's junior.

I sort of agree with with you. Ronaldo was one heck of a player and amazing to watch, more so than the current one and it is very sad how some players end up but Cristiano has already matched, if not surpassed Ronaldo in terms of personal performance and achievements and he is still around 9 years Ronaldo's junior.

you having a laugh right? CR has got nowhere near the level of ronaldo, sorry to post a long list but i feel it necessary, below are Ronaldo's achievments:

Supercopa Libertadores Top Scorer: 1993-94

Campeonato Mineiro Top Scorer: 1993-94

Campeonato Mineiro Team of The Year: 1994

Eredivisie Top Scorer: 1994-95

La Liga Top Scorer: 1996-97,2003–2004

European Golden Boot: 1996-97

Don Balón Award La Liga Foreign Player of the Year: 1996-97

Copa América Final Most Valuable Player: 1997

Copa América Most Valuable Player: 1997

Confederations Cup All-Star Team: 1997

Cup Winners Cup Final Most Valuable Player: 1997

Cup Winners Cup Top Goal Scorer: 1996-1997

IFFHS World's Top Goal Scorer of the Year: 1997

UEFA Most Valuable Player: 1997-98

Serie A Footballer of the Year: 1997-98

Serie A Foreign Footballer of the Year: 1997-98

UEFA Best Forward: 1997-98

Bravo Award : 1995, 1997, 1998

FIFA World Cup Golden Ball: 1998

UEFA Cup Final Most Valuable Player: 1998

Copa América Top Scorer: 1999

Copa América All-Star Team: 1997, 1999

FIFA World Player of the Year: 1996, 1997, 2002

Ballon D'or: 1997, 2002

World Soccer Magazine World Player of The Year: 1996,1997.2002

Onze d'Or: 1997, 2002

FIFA World Cup Silver Ball: 2002

FIFA 100

FIFA World Cup All-Star Team: 1998, 2002

FIFA World Cup Final Most Valuable Player: 2002

FIFA World Cup Top Scorer: 2002

Intercontinental Cup Most Valuable Player: 2002

UEFA Team of The Year: 2002

Laureus Comeback of the Year: 2002

Strogaldo De Legendary Award 2002

BBC Sports Personality of the Year Overseas Personality: 2002

La Liga South American Player of the Year: 1996-97, 2002–03

Golden Foot award: 2006

Brazilian National Hall of Fame: Class of 2006

Serie A Player of the Decade: 1997-2007

France Football Magazine: Starting eleven of all-time (2007)

FIFA World Cup: All-Time Leading Scorer

Campeonato Paulista: Best Player, 2009

Goal.com : Player of a decade: Winner 2000-2010[34]

tell me how CR has bettered that?

Not even close.

It is embarassing seeing people call him "Fat Ronaldo" etc but I expect that is largely kids who don't know any better, surely if there is any confusion it can be clarified by calling the other one Cristiano Ronaldo, or is that too simple?

Not even close.

It is embarassing seeing people call him "Fat Ronaldo" etc but I expect that is largely kids who don't know any better, surely if there is any confusion it can be clarified by calling the other one Cristiano Ronaldo, or is that too simple?

Lol to you. I am not too young to not know what I am talking about. He let himself go and put on weight, therefore, fat. C Ronaldo is the worlds most expensive player ever. If you want to disagree with the most successful club in European history and say C Ronaldo is not that good, be my guest, but I think they have a better ability at judging players than us.

And Aussie, most of those awards are voted for, like I said, he was a delight to watch.YOU'RE EVEN QUOTING MAGAZINES AS AWARDS, C'MON!

I was talking about actual goals etc, not votes for awards. Messi is far less of a complete player than C Ronaldo, but he will always win on votes because he is amazing to watch.

You can argue all you like, but in 10 years time, who do you think will have the bigger trophy cabinet? Fat Ronaldo or C Ronaldo?

Or who will have scored the most goals?

Ronaldo is one of the greatest strikers in the history of football. He goal scoring record is incredible and he's the leading world cup scorer. He's achieved it all and performed consistently at the highest level, more than what can be said for C "I can play well against Wigan and lowly Spanish teams" Ronaldo

Lol to you. I am not too young to not know what I am talking about. He let himself go and put on weight, therefore, fat. C Ronaldo is the worlds most expensive player ever. If you want to disagree with the most successful club in European history and say C Ronaldo is not that good, be my guest, but I think they have a better ability at judging players than us.

And Aussie, most of those awards are voted for, like I said, he was a delight to watch.YOU'RE EVEN QUOTING MAGAZINES AS AWARDS, C'MON!

I was talking about actual goals etc, not votes for awards. Messi is far less of a complete player than C Ronaldo, but he will always win on votes because he is amazing to watch.

You can argue all you like, but in 10 years time, who do you think will have the bigger trophy cabinet? Fat Ronaldo or C Ronaldo?

You're a bit of a fool. Anyone who used to watch Ronaldo play in his prime knows how good he was, we don't need transfer fees or trophy stats to say otherwise. You're obviously young because you talk like a modern day sky sports fan who uses stats and records to try and prove everything. Try using your eyes and watching football instead

The real Ronaldo had a great scoring record over a longer period of time, c. ronaldo is yet to get there. Besides the argument that Messi is less of a complete player than c. ronaldo is a load of rubbish spurted by c. ronaldo fans. The only area i see c. ronaldo as better is in the air but he is inferior eveywhere else, but then again when has c. ronaldo risen between Vidic and Ferdinand to head home a goal in a CL final. :D

You're a bit of a fool. Anyone who used to watch Ronaldo play in his prime knows how good he was, we don't need transfer fees or trophy stats to say otherwise. You're obviously young because you talk like a modern day sky sports fan who uses stats and records to try and prove everything. Try using your eyes and watching football instead

Try stats mate, a midfielder who scores the same as forward and is fast, strong, technical, good in the air and set pieces is a complete player.

can we include the fact that CR goes missing in all the big games?

Ofcourse you can. And you can tell the best managers in the world that he's not very good too. They will laugh at you and will all tell you they would sacrifice anything to have him in their team.

If you really think he is not that good, I don't know what you are doing playing this game. Aussie rules FM is the future I guess.....

Ofcourse you can. And you can tell the best managers in the world that he's not very good too. They will laugh at you and will all tell you they would sacrifice anything to have him in their team.

If you really think he is not that good, I don't know what you are doing playing this game. Aussie rules FM is the future I guess.....

i am not saying he isnt a good player, i am just saying that he isnt comparible to Ronaldo.

I know by your last comment that you are trying to say that anyone in australia (even though i am spanish and spent 90% of my life in spain) has no knowledge of football, you have clearly shown that your knowledge is very limited by your comments about CR being better than ronaldo

not the point he's making at all tbh, no one said he was rubbish he's just not as good as the other Ronaldo in his prime or Messi. I'd be willing to bet that most managers would be willing to sacrifice more to have either of those two over c. ronaldo.

Damn...

Word.

Ronaldo was imo the best striker to ever play the game.

Step overs CR needs to stand still for?

Ronaldo did them at full speed.

Even though CR is a great athlete is no where near Ronaldos natural talent and skill.

not the point he's making at all tbh, no one said he was rubbish he's just not as good as the other Ronaldo in his prime or Messi. I'd be willing to bet that most managers would be willing to sacrifice more to have either of those two over c. ronaldo.

Ok Ok, I'm honestly not here to argue with people, but Messi is good on the ball, nothing else. Ronaldo has had more success, but he had 6 or so good years, before that he played at lower level football ie not England, Spain, Italy.

C Ronaldo is an all round player, I think he will break many records before he hangs up his boots.

Obviously we disagree, but that is the nature of football. That is why managers are willing to sell a player for X amount because they think it's a good deal, but other managers think they are getting a good deal too.

We all have different interprertations of football. :)

Ok Ok, I'm honestly not here to argue with people, but Messi is good on the ball, nothing else. Ronaldo has had more success, but he had 6 or so good years, before that he played at lower level football ie not England, Spain, Italy.

C Ronaldo is an all round player, I think he will break many records before he hangs up his boots.

Obviously we disagree, but that is the nature of football. That is why managers are willing to sell a player for X amount because they think it's a good deal, but other managers think they are getting a good deal too.

We all have different interprertations of football. :)

:D only good on the ball? Have you watched Messi off the ball? Messi is better at everything with the ball at his feet than c. ronaldo. And that is why Ferguson was willing to sell c. ronaldo for X amount and Barca can't fream of a world without Messi.

Geez...

Ronaldo has played like 6 years at top-flight level with only one knee. And he STILL managed to bag in goals at an incredible rate.

So if you want to say "he let himself go", just keep in mind he came back from THREE potentially career-ending knee injuries... Actually I'm amazed he had the cojones to make the second and the third comeback, while a lesser man (but equally wealthy) would have just said, "oh sod it" and would have retired, enjoying his money and turning into some sort of celebrity.

Pre-2000 injury Ronaldo was the most deadly and COMPLETE striker I've ever seen. Noone compares.

When/if Cristiano Ronaldo will have shown more substance when it matters, then we can talk again about which Ronaldo is the real deal. But as long as Cronaldo is 50% Top Player and 50% Primadonna, there's no competition.

Ok I'm going to give my 2 cents here, firstly the Ronaldo is much better than C.R will ever be.

Also Messi is ten times the player C.R is, I think the childish antics of C.R in El Classico really shows his more of a liability than anything else.

My two cents:

C Ronaldo is the worlds most expensive player ever.

What does a price tag have to do with a players skills? An extreme example: You have two piles of brown substance, the other is chocolate and priced 1€, while the other is s*** and priced 100€. So the 100€ pile must taste better, because it's more expensive?

I admit Christina is a strong athlete and skillful, but to be a truly great player, you need to have something special between your ears. Without the right mentality CR will continue to under perform in big matches (like in the latest el Classico or the Champions League final between ManU and Barca) and big matches are where the legends (like THE Ronaldo) are made.

So far Messi has performed impressively and consistently in all his matches, big and small, so therefore he is the better player. Yes, CR is the better ATHLETE as he is bigger and stronger, but he is a lesser PLAYER, because of his mental abilities. All Messi has to do to become a legend, is to get success in the International stages, as he has won everything possible in club level and, by the looks of it, will continue to do so for a long time. Therefore IMO it's more likely that Messi will equal Ronaldo's amazing record of success than CR.

Word.

Ronaldo was imo the best striker to ever play the game.

Step overs CR needs to stand still for?

Ronaldo did them at full speed.

Even though CR is a great athlete is no where near Ronaldos natural talent and skill.

I actually thought Romario was better :D

Why are people saying C.Ronaldo goes missing in big games and giving El Classico and the Champions League final v Barcelona as examples? People seem to be conveniently forgetting the Champions League final against Chelsea where he scored :rolleyes:

Im not arguing any of the points about Ronaldo v CR7 btw. Just pointing out that people only picking out games that 'suit' there argument shouldnt really be taken seriously.

Why are people saying C.Ronaldo goes missing in big games and giving El Classico and the Champions League final v Barcelona as examples? People seem to be conveniently forgetting the Champions League final against Chelsea where he scored :rolleyes:

Im not arguing any of the points about Ronaldo v CR7 btw. Just pointing out that people only picking out games that 'suit' there argument shouldnt really be taken seriously.

2 games v 1 as far as the score goes so far. Got any other examples to suit your argument?

C. Ronaldo = The best athlete who plays football

Messi = The best footballer

For me, (brazilian) Ronaldo was the best forward of his generation, Pele of his generation, Maradona of his...Etc. it's hard to compare them as they were all at they're peak at different times.

The good thing now is that Messi and C.Ronaldo are both at they're peak at the same time hence the valid comparisons.... and Messi is winning hands down :)

Archived