It could be all over

Playing 2nd season with Hearts. 1st season finished 4th and qualified for Euro cup. Improved the team squad depth and team signed Woodgate, Mido and other players. This season 13 games gone I am 10th won 2 drawn 5 lost 6. My players morale is mostly ok, good or poor. I have changed the team around picking the form and best morale players, encouraged them with private talks but yet they cannot score and when they do they concede more that they have scored. The press is now on my back about this asking constantly about the run of form and the latest question was 'are the players concerned about the form'. I checked the squad and not 1 player had come up wanting to help improve the league postion etc...

I have looked for the panic button that was there on FM 2010 which was to get your captain to call a team meeting to rally the troops in these situations, but it doesnt seem to exist on 2011. I assume its your talks in the press to rally them round now. Other players in other teams have 'will strive to improve positon' Is there a talk you can give to get them to want to fight for the club rather than sit back and watch things unfold.

The only thing I can do is carry on encouraging them in the private talks. I think I have signed a load of numpties as no body seems to want to fight for the club

Look at the information screen and see what the press/media expect you to finish around. Unless it's totally off, you wont be able to use anything near panic. Sometimes taking the quite stand and only concentrating on tactic might be the better choice. media should be ignored and left to assistant imo. By all means the media isn't rewarding, only a slide into something ugly.

Privat chat, training and last match....give em hell.

Look at the information screen and see what the press/media expect you to finish around. Unless it's totally off, you wont be able to use anything near panic. Sometimes taking the quite stand and only concentrating on tactic might be the better choice. media should be ignored and left to assistant imo. By all means the media isn't rewarding, only a slide into something ugly.

Privat chat, training and last match....give em hell.

Media prediction is 5th but still no panic button that was there in FM2010!!!!

Some of the more determined players though have started to show they care though but not enough for a team rally if it exists.

Ive got the solution at last to raising morale. Instead of praising or criticising performances you ask them to step up there level of training to gain a regular first team place or if they can be stroppy threaten to boot them out the club unless they step up in training. This has raised moarle from poor to superb in most players or very poor to very good in others. Hopefully this might help get me out of the sticky patch im in with the bad form

Yeah exactly, thats what I do.. Guess I could have explained that more detailed... ( training. )

Just be careful with new players, or players already uncertain about you.. So they don't get cranky and want to leave the club..

Any player stats after a match under 6.8 should be commented with a poor performance after the match.. just a hell of a lot of work to go by with... ( slaps SI ). But it works well.

And anything below 6 should be rewarded with death row...Fines gotta do it for now though, until I get SI convinced to enforce this. :p

Playing 2nd season with Hearts. 1st season finished 4th and qualified for Euro cup. Improved the team squad depth and team signed Woodgate, Mido and other players. This season 13 games gone I am 10th won 2 drawn 5 lost 6. My players morale is mostly ok, good or poor. I have changed the team around picking the form and best morale players, encouraged them with private talks but yet they cannot score and when they do they concede more that they have scored. The press is now on my back about this asking constantly about the run of form and the latest question was 'are the players concerned about the form'. I checked the squad and not 1 player had come up wanting to help improve the league postion etc...

I have looked for the panic button that was there on FM 2010 which was to get your captain to call a team meeting to rally the troops in these situations, but it doesnt seem to exist on 2011. I assume its your talks in the press to rally them round now. Other players in other teams have 'will strive to improve positon' Is there a talk you can give to get them to want to fight for the club rather than sit back and watch things unfold.

The only thing I can do is carry on encouraging them in the private talks. I think I have signed a load of numpties as no body seems to want to fight for the club

The more common sense things you try, the better quality of players you sign, will only have the opposite effect on FM11. It's a very strange game.

The more common sense things you try, the better quality of players you sign, will only have the opposite effect on FM11. It's a very strange game.

Its not just about signing better players its how you play those players and getting your tactics right. As the game is so in depth there are solutions that you may not think about regarding fixing the problem you have encountered. I was wondering if a button that was in FM2010 which interacted the captain to rally the team was in 2011. It doesnt appear to be so you have to find another solution to motivate the team. Asking them to step up in training to gain a first team place raises there morale as myself and sunlock have discovered. This has countered the problem and will hopefully lead to more successful results on the pitch. This is why I love this game you dont just click and play you have to look for the solutions and aks for help on forums when necessary

Also I jut realised that I finished 4th in first season without using this feature. I only criticised/praised players that were not performing or perfoming. If I had known I about how this feature worked more I could have finished higher up the league or won it pipping Celtic or Rangers. Now thats what you call a manager, getting the excuses in

no point in asking if that button is still there or not, i have asked on here myself (bumped page for days), and seen others asking. no reply as yet. i would say that its no longer there.

i first asked when i was on a 6 week losing streak with man utd, dropped so far it was stupid. tried looking everywhere, could not find it. got no answer on here so i wwent and deliberately made things worse whilst always looking for it and bumping my question on here. then got fed up after i got the sack and went and sank 2 other teams on a test save and still could not find it or get an answer on here.

only possible conclusion - its no longer there. which i think is just WRONG :( lol

Archived