Do you manage the games or sim them?

I watch fulll matches for the most part. Depends how well if it is going. If I am playing well and winning I go to extended, if I am getting pummelled and I can't seem to stop it I do the same. If it is close I like to watch it, gives a much better insight of who is doing well, and who is doing what. Takes a long time for a season but I dont really mind.

Have only ever been on holiday when unemployed; find it totally bizarre that anybody could spend money on a football management game and then skip the football bit.

But hey, as long as you're having fun...

Completely agree with Flashman (great name by the way, from the novels and Tom Brown?), I don't really see the point of playing a football management sim, if you cut out the management of the actual football. Maybe that's just me. I use extended highlights when building a tactic, and key when I've sorted it, with extended again for some big games

Watch all games, including friendlies. Though I do have match view set to "Key" and and the speed set very fast.

Same, except friendlies are ditched.

I use holiday for one day, for national team selection. ( in that case, done by assistant. )

I watch all league and meaningful cup games on key highlights. I also run the other cups games and friendlies but often do something else while they play.

Don't see any point in simming meaningful matches. It is Football Manager we are playing after all.

I try watching the full match and I really wish I did, but still after years of analysing the movement of the dots (and more recently 3D animations), I still have absolutely no idea what I am looking for, or what I need to do. They all seem hopeless and do not follow instructions.

So, I just do the commentary and my tactics consist of trial and error, I actually do worse the more I try which frustrates me.

Have only ever been on holiday when unemployed; find it totally bizarre that anybody could spend money on a football management game and then skip the football bit.

But hey, as long as you're having fun...

Hey awesome handle btw. No I understand that the point of having a football management game is to play the football part. It's just after about 20-25 games of playing them, I am ready to start the offseason stuff. Thats all. I was just curious if some people maybe simmed some of the games and did the other management duties, etc. :)

Just curious if you guys manage and watch all your games or do you sim some of them to make the season go by faster? Manageing all 40 some games could take a long time per season.

What do you guys do?

What's really the point of making the season go faster?

So you can make the next season go faster too?

rofl.

Watch, coz I can't trust my AssMan for Team Talks/Opp Instructions. Also, may need to change tactics on-the-fly, so it's better to play.

If you get an assman that has atleast 17 motivation, 17 man mgmt, etc then you don't have to worry about him doing team talks etc. He will prevail. For example, Mark Venus of the Boro. Currently he has 19 motivation, and 18 man mgmt now and he's absolutely amazing for me.

I like to watch games on extended highlights because it's called Football Manager and I am the Manager, and there are lots of decisions to be made during the game. 40 odd games a season is nothing, usually complete a season in around 24 hours which is no big deal.

The exception is in a multiplayer game I play where we allow our assistants to take control of friendly matches because it's an agreement the 3 of us decided on to speed up the game.

Archived