Football manager handheld £35.99 on ps store. Why?

Marc,

I fully appreciate you dont set the price but your our only real contact on here.

The pricing strategy behind this requires a swift explanation. THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

The RRP according to play.com of the physical version is only £29.99, and it is possible to but the version for £17.99 online (half the price of the download!)

I trust you remember last years PS Store launch, also at £35.99, for the publishers to then decide the pricing was incorrect and to drop it to £29.99, and eventually refund anyone who bought it at the incorrect price (about 3 weeks later)

On seeing the price on the Official Playstation Blog I was genuinly shocked, then angry, then actually a little upset at being deprived of my main reason for owning a PSP at a sensible price.

Regards

Mightyowl28

You will get the standard its not my fault responce. The playstation store is getting beyond a joke. We should contact Watchdog! Seriously they cant keep getting away with screwing us over. I will buy it because its the main reason I have a PSP but I cant wait to see how they explain this one this time.

i have bought the game like you, i am a mad fan yet also feel let down. as a note i have also been on watchdog website and registered my complaint!! i feel taht hard doen to as you can buy the game from asda for £17.91!!!!! 1 thing i did notice whilst going through teh watchdog website, the more complaints the more likely hood they will investigate so please anyone who reads this and feels hard done by then go to

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

thanks

• 7 months later...

you cant compare prices between play and ps store

ps store is always expensive for the sole reason of convenience, they released Infamous 2 on ps store for £49.99 but you could buy it in Asda for £32.99

Like everything in life, it is always best to shop around as everyone will have their own price structures, SEGA / S.I will only set the R.R.P

If that is the price the SI set then fine, just don't buy it. They aren't forcing you, they don't have to refund you as you were willing to pay that price. Just flaming about it is, in my honest opinion, immature.

How is it in anyway 'immature'? If people dont agree with something as ridiculous as this then they have a right to raise the concern. Hiding and not getting this issue noted and out in the open is hardly going to solve the problem, is it?

How is it in anyway 'immature'? If people dont agree with something as ridiculous as this then they have a right to raise the concern. Hiding and not getting this issue noted and out in the open is hardly going to solve the problem, is it?

Also this is the wrong place to complain, you need to be on the sony boards as the mark up on certain titles is alot more than the RRP provided by the developer / publisher

Archived