Is this a well known problem?

Selling players is impossible. Out of maybe 15 players that I've had bids accepted for, only one of them has actually accepted the contract offer. It doesn't matter who it is, how high or low there wages are, how old they are, if they're transfer listed or unhappy, they will just not leave the club. Either the contract isn't good enough or they want you to pay half there wages for the next 3 years. For instance, Nathan Eccleston has been rotting in my reserves for years, has never kicked a ball for me and never will, is around 21, is transfer listed and been told that he is not needed, is on a pathetic wage and he turns down a chance of first team football in the championship for more money than he is on now.

Is this a well known problem?

I can't actually take this game seriously anymore with all the major flaws in it so I've resorted to creating new managers at other clubs just so I can sell some players and I just signed a 27 year old Ronaldo without cheating, for 30million. Some might say well done or that's a right touch, Rodney, but for me it just completely ruins the game.

When is the eta for the patch on this turd of a release?

I've had the same problem trying to shift players. Rubbish reserves players who have never kicked a ball truning down multiple offers elsewhere because they can't get a wage increase after playing a certain amount of games, things like that. Also players valued at 160k with loads of teams interested and being able to get at most 20k for them.

However pre-release the blogs did say that they were trying to make the transfer system more realistic in terms of teams generally not having as much to spend, fees not being as high, clubs having to be tighter on wages and more loans happening, like in real life.

I find it a bit surpising to see players like Hargreaves and Vela on free transfers, but overall I have no major problems with the transfer system/market

I've had the same problem trying to shift players. Rubbish reserves players who have never kicked a ball truning down multiple offers elsewhere because they can't get a wage increase after playing a certain amount of games, things like that. Also players valued at 160k with loads of teams interested and being able to get at most 20k for them.

However pre-release the blogs did say that they were trying to make the transfer system more realistic in terms of teams generally not having as much to spend, fees not being as high, clubs having to be tighter on wages and more loans happening, like in real life.

I find it a bit surpising to see players like Hargreaves and Vela on free transfers, but overall I have no major problems with the transfer system/market

It's not realistic though is it. It seems pretty flawed at the moment.

I personally think the whole transfer system is harder. But thats mainly cause most teams are working with harder budget. Previous FM's it was great to taike charge of barca and wax 100mil in your first season creating a dream team with Fabregas and Torres etc. But like the real world now FM has changed and teams dont go round spending that sort of cash. I've personally had no problems selling players where I am, those i want out tend to leave and a few of my guys have moved onto bigger teams for decent amounts of money. Gone are the days I think of being massive transfer merry go rounds. I find (much like real life) most times when putting a player up for sale you get loan offers with a view to make the deal permanent.

Now I cant even loan out 17-18 year olds. I cant train them and they wont go out on loan. Four young players have been put on the loan list and offered out, they are all hoping to gain experience from going on loan. I have accepted all the offers that garuntees them first team football and they all end up rejecting the clubs.

Why do they even get to choose? My club pays there wages so my club says what office they go to work in.

Why is there no explanation as to the reasons for not going out on loan?

@pb1uk - You think this years transfer system is realistic?

Transfer system is awesome, it just needs some tweaks.

Prepare to cop abuse for that comment.

Personally I haven't had any major issues but i've been playing at a very low level recently so there isn't much that can go wrong in the transfer market for me. The problems a lot of people are having are well documented because there's been a lot of absolutely ridiculous stuff thats happened in some games with the transfer market. Not being able to sell players is only one part of that unfortunately.

I'm managing in the lower leagues and been in different countries.

I have to say i find it almost impossible to sell players, or loan them out.

In my first save it took me 4-5 seasons before i manage to sell the first player.

Managed to get rid of one player in my current save (2nd).

In total, after 6 seasons on my first save and 4 seasons in my second save, i've sold 5 players.

I've also been with approximately 10 clubs, the 2 saves combined.

Getting rid of deadwood is close to impossible in my experience, in the lower league.

In the end i'm sort of ruining my clubs financially, as i bring in better players, to stand a chance.

But i never get rid of the unwanted ones, unless their contracts have expired.

Have you tried telling the player he is "surplus to requirements"? And if at first they don't accept that, tell them you "just don't think they'll be playing any games". Then you either alienate the player, or you make them accept that it's time to move on. Works for me at top level clubs at least.

Have you tried telling the player he is "surplus to requirements"? And if at first they don't accept that, tell them you "just don't think they'll be playing any games". Then you either alienate the player, or you make them accept that it's time to move on. Works for me at top level clubs at least.

I always tell the player this before offering him out or placing him on the transfer list.

I've struggled to sell players in many FM's.

I think SI need to impliment a bit of 'common sense' into players (impossible, probably!) When they realise they're not wanted, or not going to play, they would be more willing to take a pay cut to move, and AI teams would see a potential bargain.

I see nothing but transfer rumours that I refuse to comment on (9/10 they unsettle a player), but no bids come in 'out of the blue' for squad players that would easily be first teamers elsewhere.

Troll is obvious

Why's he a troll just because he dose't agree with you ?? a lot of people are't having these transfer problems myself included

makes me laugh on here sometimes,its ok for people to start thread after thread and moan about same things daily but as soon as someone disagrees they get hammered the classic fanboi or troll etc comes out

I think SI need to impliment a bit of 'common sense' into players (impossible, probably!) When they realise they're not wanted, or not going to play, they would be more willing to take a pay cut to move, and AI teams would see a potential bargain.

This is the issue i have with people complaining, for me its very realistic that players will stay on better wages, especially the way the world is at the moment, the sad thing is playing football is not whats important to a lot of players now a days, the wages are whats important, i personally would not leave a better paid job for a lesser paid job.

I've found selling players to be very easy, i dont buy players and leave them to rot for a season, i only keep a big enough squad so everyone will get a game at some point, then i change a few personal in the summer, so the players i am selling have always had a decent amount of game time, it makes it much easier to get a good interest and eventual price for players. I am also very careful about who i buy, will they play enough, will they be sellable if i dont see them as vital to progressing the team, am i overpaying on wages just to secure a player, if im not completely happy i just wont bother, otherwise you will end up with a huge wage bill and a huge squad you cant get rid of.

This is where older FM's failed, you could sell anyone you wanted, you could make huge profits on terrible free transfers, infact you could spend half your pre season snapping up free transfers and the second half selling them less than a month later and rake in huge profits, very unrealistic.

Why's he a troll just because he dose't agree with you ?? a lot of people are't having these transfer problems myself included

makes me laugh on here sometimes,its ok for people to start thread after thread and moan about same things daily but as soon as someone disagrees they get hammered the classic fanboi or troll etc comes out

First off, don't come in the thread trying to turn it into a free for all, if you have nothing to add to it then don't post anything or you could well be considered a troll yourself.

Secondly, If that is directed at me, every thread I have ever started has been perfectly legitimate, or they would have been closed or moved. It's been a bit excessive in the last couple of days, but as I said before they are all legitimate threads and questions. If you don't ask you don't know.

Thirdly, If You had bothered to read the thread before posting, you would see that somebody else disagreed with me and I didn't call them a troll, so what you're saying is nonsense.

I've never managed to sell a player a month or so after signing him in past FM's. Something I should've tried, obviously!

I do agree, however, that there are players out there that would be happy having £20k p/w more to play a handful of games per season, rather than playing a full 38 elswhere.

My gripe is not so much the wage demands/expectations, more the fact that squad players, NOT on huge wages, don't seem to attract attention of lesser clubs. I see such players move around the AI teams MUCH more freely. It's just a little frustrating at times.

The AI seem to be a lot of talk, too. Managers declaring interest/praising my players, yet not actually bidding. But when they do bid, it's usually for their value and 30% of future transfer (completely ignoring the player's form, potential, and importance to the club) Any negotiation is NEVER met half way, and second bids are rare.

First off, don't come in the thread trying to turn it into a free for all, if you have nothing to add to it then don't post anything or you could well be considered a troll yourself.

Secondly, If that is directed at me, every thread I have ever started has been perfectly legitimate, or they would have been closed or moved. It's been a bit excessive in the last couple of days, but as I said before they are all legitimate threads and questions. If you don't ask you don't know.

Thirdly, If You had bothered to read the thread before posting, you would see that somebody else disagreed with me and I didn't call them a troll, so what you're saying is nonsense.

O right so just because you don't call 1 person a troll its ok to suggest someone else is ?? again just because they dont agree with what you say as thats all it boils down to

and no was't directed just at you just people in general who thinks its ok to flame people when they disagree on yours or others views

And thats a classic statement from you

Troll is obvious

after using 1 whole post to accuse someone of been a troll thats really adding something to this thread :confused::rolleyes:

This is the issue i have with people complaining, for me its very realistic that players will stay on better wages, especially the way the world is at the moment, the sad thing is playing football is not whats important to a lot of players now a days, the wages are whats important, i personally would not leave a better paid job for a lesser paid job.

I've found selling players to be very easy, i dont buy players and leave them to rot for a season, i only keep a big enough squad so everyone will get a game at some point, then i change a few personal in the summer, so the players i am selling have always had a decent amount of game time, it makes it much easier to get a good interest and eventual price for players. I am also very careful about who i buy, will they play enough, will they be sellable if i dont see them as vital to progressing the team, am i overpaying on wages just to secure a player, if im not completely happy i just wont bother, otherwise you will end up with a huge wage bill and a huge squad you cant get rid of.

This is where older FM's failed, you could sell anyone you wanted, you could make huge profits on terrible free transfers, infact you could spend half your pre season snapping up free transfers and the second half selling them less than a month later and rake in huge profits, very unrealistic.

I'm sure SI have actually admitted that there is a problem with it.

I agree that players generally wont mover for lesser money but it does happen sometimes if a player is career driven rather than cash driven. I've come around to the idea that you are just going to have to pay players some wages for them to leave your club, rightly or wrongly.

The example I used in my OP is a bizarre one though. A player just not leaving at the age of 21 who is surplus to requirements, never kicked a ball for me, never going to kick a ball for me and is on a very low wage who is offered first team football for probably around the same wage or more (he didn't ask me for money to sign for the club so I'm guessing the cash offer was ok) just rejects the other club with no explanation.

I agree that the 11 system is better than before, but it needs to be adjusted. Its totally unrealistic that Wolfsburg let Dzeko leave on a free, when they can sell him at market value in the january window.

In my latest game (2013) I've taken a lot of star players to Derby in the Prem on a free transfer. It's kind of nice, but it ruins the experience a bit. IRL, not many players move on Bosman rulings in the end, the clubs always makes sure they get compensated on some level.

I'm sure SI have actually admitted that there is a problem with it.

I agree that players generally wont mover for lesser money but it does happen sometimes if a player is career driven rather than cash driven. I've come around to the idea that you are just going to have to pay players some wages for them to leave your club, rightly or wrongly.

The example I used in my OP is a bizarre one though. A player just not leaving at the age of 21 who is surplus to requirements, never kicked a ball for me, never going to kick a ball for me and is on a very low wage who is offered first team football for probably around the same wage or more (he didn't ask me for money to sign for the club so I'm guessing the cash offer was ok) just rejects the other club with no explanation.

i completely agree its not perfect, some of the transfers people have posted about are crazy, and there do seem to be a large amount of free transfers, BUT its not completely broken like people seem to make out, it just needs adjusted slightly and it will be miles better than last years. Your example is a good one of where it needs to be tweaked and some of the players going for small fees needs looked at, but its not broken to the point it makes the game unplayable.

It's selling the fringe and youth players that annoys me. Oh, and the AI not understanding the concept of "not for sale" or "market value".

I've ended up releasing dozens of players I couldn't sell in my four seasons so far - and they're a variety of fringe players and kids. I'm not expecting big money for them and usually offer them out for anywhere between 1/2 and 1/4 of their value. No interest at all. Even if I offer them at £0 there's no interest. What? How? Even if a club thinks they couldn't afford the wages or the player wouldn't move to them surely somebody would at least put in a speculative bid?

What makes it more annoying is AI teams do that all the time with players you don't want to sell. I keep getting pestered with offers of £3.2m for one of my quality youngsters, which is his value according to the game. He has 3 years left on his contract and is only 20 but no matter what I say to these teams they keep coming back with ridiculously low offers.

A few flaws? What game are you guys playing? Everyone in the world knows the transfer system in this game is bugged beyond belief. Dzeko is selling for 5 million, Modric and Motilivo go on frees in everyone's game, nobody can sell anyone, and you say they are a few flaws? I called completely screwed.

I keep getting pestered with offers of £3.2m for one of my quality youngsters, which is his value according to the game. He has 3 years left on his contract and is only 20 but no matter what I say to these teams they keep coming back with ridiculously low offers.

Was the same on FM10.

Archived