Transfer bug patch - save game compatible?

Hey guys,

I'm aware that SI is looking into the transfer bug that sees players like Dzeko getting transfer listed for £5m and released on a free, etc., and that they're planning to fix it with 11.2. However, I'm wondering whether you'll have to start a new game to see the benefits of the patch.

I've become a bit disenchanted with my current save, given how easy it's been to rack up a high-quality squad with little investment, and so I was going to start a brand new journeyman and/or LLM career. I'm wondering if I should wait until after the patch to start a new game or whether I can get going now.

Cheers,

Ed

any official word that the transfer bug in particular would be save game compatible though?

I believe someone from SI commented on one of the countless 'transfer bug ruining my life' threads, and said that they very much hope so, nothing guaranteed though. That said, I see no reason why it wouldn't be, unless they have to make changes to the DB to fix this but I really can't see that.

so does it automatically go onto your save game or do you have to do it manually

Its all done for you.

thx for that edgar555....do you know at what stage the transfer bug kicks in?...is it after the 1st season or could it be before?

it doesnt kick in so to speak at any specific time, its just a small issue that occurs if you play as big teams are are involved with the bigger names in football.

thx for that edgar555....do you know at what stage the transfer bug kicks in?...is it after the 1st season or could it be before?

Its there all the time from the minute you start. However people are seeing it affect them to varying degrees. One way to lessen the impact in my experience is by 'not allowing' first window transfers, this seems to make the market more stable.

not really "fun" to play with a team filled with superstars, i signed almost every world class player that left his team, so i assume they shouldn't bother to make a compatible save game :p

Not really fun for you maybe but what about all the people who routinely edit the superstars into their teams? Remember there is no right or wrong way to play for FM. Maybe thats why some people aren't bothered by this bug.

I would expect it won't fix anything that has already happened so if Dzeko is transfer listed for £5M he will stay transfer listed for £5M.

No, obviously they're lost causes. But there won't be any more Dzeko's going on the transfer list for 5 mil, will there?

Its there all the time from the minute you start. However people are seeing it affect them to varying degrees. One way to lessen the impact in my experience is by 'not allowing' first window transfers, this seems to make the market more stable.

Ah, I was wondering why I haven't seen this problem to the same extent as everybody else! This explains it; I always play with no transfer budgets for the first window.

Ah, I was wondering why I haven't seen this problem to the same extent as everybody else! This explains it; I always play with no transfer budgets for the first window.

It doesn't fix it but it definitely lessens the distortion of the market.

Is 11.2 due before or after Christmas?

December is all they've said. I would be very surprised if it was after Xmas though, my educated guess is somewhere around the 16th-18th, giving them a few days to get feedback prior to them actually seeing their families at Xmas.

December is all they've said. I would be very surprised if it was after Xmas though, my educated guess is somewhere around the 16th-18th, giving them a few days to get feedback prior to them actually seeing their families at Xmas.

So the people of SI actually have social lifes? :rolleyes:

Archived