cards issue

once more. what is happening? in one game the ref gave my team 9 yellow cards and 2 red ones? that is a total of 9 players getting booked! unbelievable. have you seen that? by the way the issue with the shots still persists. for those who don't remember I always have less shots than the opponent. even if i win 2-0 i have like 3 shots and the opponent 15.

Do you get 9 yellows and 2 reds in every single game you play? I doubt it.

So, then, it was "just one match." ;)

As for the goals bit, that's your tactics. I have plenty of games where I totally dominate my opponents in stats, plenty where I'm killed in stats, plenty where it's a tossup.

I agree, unless that is happening every single game then you just had a strict ref or an undisciplined performance. Personally I seem to get tonnes of cards in the Europa League and very few in the EPL, but even so most of the time there are 4 bookings tops, sometimes less. I think the average is about 1.2 yellow card per game at the moment.

You large number of cards could be because of your tacking setting, your closing down setting, or your opposition instructions. Opposition instructions are particularly cuplable if you let you assistant do it and dnt check what he has done; I have had some assistants who stick hard tackling for everyone.

Finally, goals to shot ratios will depend entirely on how you play. If you play counter attacking football you will have less than a team playing possession based football. And unless you are massively better than your opposition, then you would expect them to have a lot of shots as they push for an equalizer. It is the quality of the show that matters at the end of the day. If the opposition had 14 shots to your 6, say, but 9 of theirs were long shots, whilst all yours were from within the box then you would have done better.

That of course is not a complete description of what could be happening to make you always have less shots since there are many many things that can cause this. However, at the end of the day, if yuo win 2-0 does it really matter? =}

Archived