Recover or edit hall_of_fame.dat

Hi, I have a problem, can anyone please help? I have a save game where I won lots of leagues and cups with club and nation.

I needed to reinstall windows on my pc, but I only copied the file of the saved game, I didn't know that there was a file named Hall_of_fame.dat in another folder that contains information of my hall of fame.

And I would like to know if there is any possibility I can recover the information of my trophies and points, or if I can edit the file *.dat with any program.

The hall of fame details should be:

Southampton - 8 Major Trophies, 4 Minor Trophies

7 x Premier League winners

1 x Champions League winners

3 x FA Cup winners

1 x Europa League winners

Holland - 1 Major Trophy

1 x World Cup winners

Thanks,

A really, really hopeful Chris.

Thanks for the quick reply. I can't do that because it was a few weeks ago now that I reinstalled windows and the reason was to get rid of a nasty virus spreading the PC, so that file has gone for good.

Does anyone know if there's a certain program to open the hall_of_fame.dat file with and re-input the information?

From searching these forums I can gather that would be really helpful to a lot of people in the same boat as me, losing everything they've worked so hard for! I know I've won those competitions but my ultimate aim was to overtake Alex Ferguson at the top of the Halll Of Fame - and now it's not possible without starting all over again :(

There must be a program we can edit this information? Can anybody from SI help at all?

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

It is possible to edit hall_of_fame.dat file. I dont know how it would or not work for other versions of Football Manager, but for FM2008 it works perfectly. I found this solution after few minutes of play with this file.

This file should be edited by dedicated program for binary file edition, i.e. WinHex. After file is opened you will notice that there is your manager name and surname and your team name repeated twice. What you have to do is to locate last letter of your team name (first occurence) and point on hexadecimal representation. Then you move to next fourth hex. This fourth hex in turn represents in hexadecimal notation number of "Important european trophy". Find this number in your's team history and then change decimal to hexadecimal and put it here. Next step is to find last letter of your's team name (second occurence) and go to next fourth hex. This one represents "Championship". Next fifth hex represents "Minor successes". Just repleace them by numbers taken from history of your team - of course do not forget to change them to hexadecimal. Just it. Your hall of fame now is udpated by your acheivements!

Have a fun,

AI3Time

Archived