Utterly Stupid Transfer System

This has to be one of the worst FMs, we need patches and quick. The transfers on this game are so unrealistic, big players constantly handing in transfer requests and moving from club to club all the time. However when I'm trying to buy someone I get quoted ridiculas fees. 45m for Otamendi who has 16 months left on his contract. Torres (I'm Liverpool by the way) asking for a new contract 290,000 a week with an appearance fee of 38k.

Come on!

A regen who's has the potential to be a good premier league defender in the future, 2 years left on his contract with Porto and they want 40m! Just impossible.

Rant over lol

I only play FM to laugh at it now. Tried buying Modric for Liverpool, the bidding got up to £35m before I gave up, then the very next week they sold him to Ath Madrid for £4m! A couple of weeks ago I would have wanted to put my head through the screen, now,as I say, I just laugh.

Don't take it too seriously mate, it is only a game after all.

The agent fees are ridiculous too, just watched SKY Sports news and they anounced how much was spent on agents last year for each prem club - Blackpool £45,000 for instance, Man Utd £2.3m, where as on the FM game you can pay several millions agents fee for one player.

Anyway this like the transfer bug have been mentioned and SI have said they are looking into this for the next patch so stop starting duplicate threads.

the game isnt as bad as people say, most bugs have been fixed and the transfer bug will hopefully be tweaked with the pending patch release in 2 weeks from Friday. I am only now starting to being able to sell my decent players for a proper transfer fee after 3.5 seasons into the game. Hope it continues to head that way

well i think we all agreee its ridiculous. hopefully SI does quite a bit of work here

what annoys me most is seeing the AI buy players at a fraction of the price id be forced to pay! it happens all the time where, say, liverpool snap up Gourcuff for 10mil yet id be hitting 30 mil plus at least.

Not another thread, please...............
Transfer complain thread #10,587. Filed on 11/30/10.

Next.

If you guys think these threads are stupid, why are you replying in it with an utterly useless comment? Just let these threads sink to the bottom. By replying with a comment like yours, you are indirectly encouraging/helping such threads.

Just going through the bugs forum, I have to say it's pretty depressing to see the state the game is in, there really are some horror stories in there.

Just how confident are we that these bugs are actually going to get fixed? I've had games for my PC that I didn't think were as buggy as FM2011 and some were never completely sorted. With the sheer amount of bugs appearing is there a possibility we could be looking at a still born game?

Just going through the bugs forum, I have to say it's pretty depressing to see the state the game is in, there really are some horror stories in there.

Just how confident are we that these bugs are actually going to get fixed? I've had games for my PC that I didn't think were as buggy as FM2011 and some were never completely sorted. With the sheer amount of bugs appearing is there a possibility we could be looking at a still born game?

So other than the ruined transfer system, tell us some other major bugs ?

the only other major bugs i have found is the random crashes, the contracts and the player chat/morale problems. i think thats all the big ones :S

other than that (even from what I have read) it just looks like a lot (well, LOADS) of little annoying things.

but thats just what i have had or read about

I've just peaked in to see when the patch is being released (2 weeks Friday isn't it?) and thisis the main reason I'm not playing it. I completed 2 seasons with Spurs and was able to buy a world beating in that time for next to nothing. I like winning but there is no fun in that, it takes the incentive out of buying young players as I can just get the best now for a cut price.

It really doesn't suprise me that these threads come up everyday as it is pretty bad. But as someone said, don't post in them.

Like the French bug where French clubs have 70 first team players on the book but still go on to make 30 free transfers and thereby shooting their finances to hell? Or the bug where in set pieces are changed just for the heck during the game so that when i am chasing a goal and i get a corner, instead of crossing to the far post as instructed and where all my players are, he crosses to the near post with no player available? But the transfer bug is so big, then the rest of the bugs fail in comparison. Its like a brand new car with faulty brakes...at least the car is drivable isn't it?? It does what is written on the tin..just the brakes are faulty..you can use the hand brake if necessary :rolleyes:

The voice of doom has spoken. I take it your glass is half empty?

Half of the 'bugs' in there aren't even bugs. Not belittling the ones that are. Also compare it to previous releases and I think you'll find its fairly similar, certainly no worse than ever before.

The hyperbole surrounding the transfer bug (yes it is a bug and anyone who denies it, is a complete imbecile. Not being affected by it is very different from it not existing), makes it all seem a lot worse.

Have some degree of faith DLP, SI are not the same as the majority of companies out there, and to be honest any company that could make FM08 vaguely playable after patching needs some degree of respect.

EDIT: oh and the car buying analogies are tiresome now. Well they have been since about 2005, but can't anyone come up with anything better?

oh and the car buying analogies are tiresome now. Well they have been since about 2005, but can't anyone come up with anything better?

Will start working on it :D But maybe others too will have to come up with better excuses? After all they too have been here since 2005? Something about old analogies for old excuses...?

I only play FM to laugh at it now. Tried buying Modric for Liverpool, the bidding got up to £35m before I gave up, then the very next week they sold him to Ath Madrid for £4m! A couple of weeks ago I would have wanted to put my head through the screen, now,as I say, I just laugh.

Don't take it too seriously mate, it is only a game after all.

did you decide he had become to cheap. what nonsense. please take your pathetic moaning somewhere else

lol, that guy wasn't being pathetic. If you bid £30 mill for Modric, get rejected, and see he get's sold a week later for £4mill, it's a horrendous bug. Don't try to defend it, really.

Having said that, i use FMRTE to jack the prices. If i bid for Andy Carroll for example, and am in a position where i get offered him for £5mill, which is unreal, then i will pay the proper price for him using FMRTE(if i can't do it ingame), and pay something more like £15mill+, which is how much he'd cost. Same with Modric. I would never by him for £4m when he's in his prime. I'd pay the going cost, and i'm sure he'd either not be for sale, or would cost £20m+, so that is what i'd pay(if i had the funds). It's certainly not ideal but i can get by.

Often i have seen the people that complain about the bug are those that are exploiting it! Not this OP, but a guy a week ago was ranting, but his liverpool squad had Balotelli, Dzeko, Modric and a whole list of worldclass player by his second season.

A bug is bug, but it can be combated in someway through the game but also through FMRTE. If you lose a battle for a player due to it, well just look elsewhere and pretend you were outbid or something. I remember back in the CM days when we had to rely alot on our imaginations, try it.

I got Iniesta 25m, Tevez 11m, Modric 4m the 2nd season, Pastore 35m, aguero 51m pounds in the first season.

second season without any loss atm lol.

I don't see the problem with the Pastore or Aguero transfers at all. Thats Kun's release fee and Palermo would do well to turn down that much for Pastore. Modric is obviously ridiculous, Tevez too cheap and the thought of Iniesta going elsewhere just isn't on. But as I say no problem with the other 2.

EDIT: oh and the car buying analogies are tiresome now. Well they have been since about 2005, but can't anyone come up with anything better?
Not quite as tiresome as trolls mate!

However you do seem to have missed my point somewhat, that my be my fault so I will clarify. I certainly hope the game will be fixed and I have plenty of faith in SI to get the job done. I was simply wondering out loud if is was possible (read my post again) that there could still be problems with the game after it was patched given the number of bugs being reported. No need to start an argument, if you don't think that will be the case that's great news.

Not quite as tiresome as trolls mate!

However you do seem to have missed my point somewhat, that my be my fault so I will clarify. I certainly hope the game will be fixed and I have plenty of faith in SI to get the job done. I was simply wondering out loud if is was possible (read my post again) that there could still be problems with the game after it was patched given the number of bugs being reported. No need to start an argument, if you don't think that will be the case that's great news.

I'm not here to argue, and with your clarification and re reading your post, I see where you are coming from. I guess I'm just on the more optimistic side/or I'm less convinced its a pile of dung. Like I said, believe it or not I don't think this is anymore bugged than other versions, its just that the transfer bug(which isn't even naming it right, its clearly an interaction bug) is pretty in your face this year. They'll get it sorted.

HAHAHAHAHA this is great...

I'm managing FC Nordsjælland (Denmark), and I can't even register my players anymore even though I'm in August!!!! I have already chosen 25 players during pre-season, but this shouldn't mean I can't edit the freaking list of 25 players !!!!!

SI please fix this crap of a bug...

HAHAHAHAHA this is great...

I'm managing FC Nordsjælland (Denmark), and I can't even register my players anymore even though I'm in August!!!! I have already chosen 25 players during pre-season, but this shouldn't mean I can't edit the freaking list of 25 players !!!!!

SI please fix this crap of a bug...

Won't get fixed if you only post it here. Despite appearances to the contrary this isn't the bug forum.

Archived