This game still uses only 1 CPU core 99% of the time. Add proper Multicore support.

This game like all the previous FMs only use 1cpu core for processing fixturers. Why even bother having the "threaded" option in the options menu?

My cpu never runs at more than 23-25% when playing this game. APART from when going into a match, then it uses all 4 cores for about 2 seconds while it calculates the result.

The multi core support if pretty awfull if it only works to speed up about 1% of the game.

My proc is a Q6000 @3.75ghz.

A single core proc at the same speed will be about 95% as fast running this game than a 6 core processor at the same speed would.

Please support multicore in future games. Woul dmake it SO much quicker. Cant be too difficault to give each thread a equal number of the fixtures to calculate at a time. Instead of using just one CPU

This game like all the previous FMs only use 1cpu core for processing fixturers. Why even bother having the "threaded" option in the options menu?

My cpu never runs at more than 23-25% when playing this game. APART from when going into a match, then it uses all 4 cores for about 2 seconds while it calculates the result.

The multi core support if pretty awfull if it only works to speed up about 1% of the game.

A single core proc at the same speed will be about 95% as fast running this game than a 6 core processor at the same speed would.

Please support multicore in future games. Woul dmake it SO much quicker. Cant be too difficault to give each thread a equal number of the fixtures to calculate at a time. Instead of using just one CPU

Yup i here you my i7-960 barely breaks into a stride :)

Ive got the exact same processor as you with the same GHz (overlocked) and it's doing my NUTTTTTTT IN that i can use it to it's full potential while playing FM.... annoying to death huh

Ive got the exact same processor as you with the same GHz (overlocked) and it's doing my NUTTTTTTT IN that i can use it to it's full potential while playing FM.... annoying to death huh

I mean to be fair my first post wouldnt have come over as a rant if it just plainly was not supported. But having the "threaded" option is a joke. It makes u think that it acctually does utilize multicore..

New patch will fix.

I doubt it. It has been like this forever. Even when they added the threaded option a few years ago. It has never acctually utilized all core.

So really there is nothing to "fix" They just need to acctualy impliment it in the first place.

oh yeah and dont ever expect this game to use more than 1200-1500 mb of physical ram. Infact dont expect ANY game to use that much for a while. When everyone is on 64bit OS then maybe it will start to happen.

I laugh everytime i hear someone tell someone that the more ram the faster the game will be. its completly wrong. as long as u have enuf for this game/anygame to utilize approx 1500mb then you wont get faster expirince from adding more.

Only reason you woul need more then, is if you run about 200 other applications and programs in the background etc etc.

The game will be just as fast on WINxp with 2bg of ram than it will be on Win7 with 12gb of ram. Aslong as fm is he only ram hungry program u run.

The amount of prople that must have been told incorrect information and gone and wasted money on ram they didnt need, because someone told them the game would run quicker. haha

The game is a 32bit game it is completly pointless having more than 2gb ram free.

You could have 64gb and it would run same speed as 2gb.

Hardware noobs should not be allowed to give others advise on buying. Almsot every post i read before game came out, had people telling others to go and buy 4gb and 6gb of ram. Where do they get their info from ? just made up in their head?

oh yeah and dont ever expect this game to use more than 1200-1500 mb of physical ram. Infact dont expect ANY game to use that much for a while. When everyone is on 64bit OS then maybe it will start to happen.

I laugh everytime i hear someone tell someone that the more ram the faster the game will be. its completly wrong. as long as u have enuf for this game/anygame to utilize approx 1500mb then you wont get faster expirince from adding more.

Only reason you woul need more then, is if you run about 200 other applications and programs in the background etc etc.

The game will be just as fast on WINxp with 2bg of ram than it will be on Win7 with 12gb of ram. Aslong as fm is he only ram hungry program u run.

The amount of prople that must have been told incorrect information and gone and wasted money on ram they didnt need, because someone told them the game would run quicker. haha

Ha yeah i have 12gb ram but i did't get it just for fm ;)

My i7 920 has 8 processing threads, 2 see about 25 - 30% usage and an additional 2 see about 10 - 15% usage (so its arguably using 4 cores). When processing tough amounts all 8 will kick in to about 20%. This is playing on a large database with around 80,000 players and 14 or 15 active countries. My only 'complaint' as such is the distribution is not even which would be better long term but it still balances really nicely for me.

My 920 is OC'd to 4.2ghz though so even if it was all loaded on one core, I'm pretty sure it'd still run just as smoothly.

Archived