Aaron Ramsey

breaking on ssn and manutd.com now that hes signed for man utd...

i have the latest weegie update, in the game hes very underrated, what PA do you think would be fair for this lad?

Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

Maybe add 15 extra PA to whatever he has at the moment.

15 might be a bit short but I see where SWaRFeGa is coming from, if we applied the logic that he has been touted as having piotential and a big team has bought him then Francis Jeffers, Jermaine Penant, Richard Wright and Theo Walcott etc would have been through the roof just because Arsenal signed them, none of them lived up to it.

Originally posted by IMT:

He's mad if he goes there, nowhere near good enough for United, will just slump in the reserves. He'd be better off going somewhere like West Brom.

I'm pretty sure they'll loan him straight back to Cardiff for a season or two.

He's mad if he goes there, nowhere near good enough for United, will just slump in the reserves. He'd be better off going somewhere like West Brom.

That's what everyone said about Matt Jansen and he went to Palace then Blackburn and then disappeared forever. I know he had the bike accident but even before that he had declined rapidly and you have to think that perhaps taking the gamble with Man Utd and Fergie would have been a better choice than Blackburn and Souness.

Yeah, but for every Matt Jansen, there's a Theo Wallcott, Richard Wright etc etc

No doubt about it, but we could go round in circles all day and say for every Richard Wright there's a Fabregas and for every Fabregas there's a Scott Carson icon_biggrin.gif

Personally I think Man Utd would be the way to go because of the chances he would have and lets face it even he doesn't cut it with the facilities at Utd etc then he is never going to cut it.

Originally posted by Hershie:

Am I the only one who thought the kid looked poor in the FA Cup semi and final?

He certainly didn't live up to the hype, but taking that into consideration I don't think he was actually poor just that he was bigged up way too much, a la Neil Mellor lol.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hershie:

He certainly didn't live up to the hype, but taking that into consideration I don't think he was actually poor just that he was bigged up way too much, a la Neil Mellor lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neil Mellor did do something though. That last minute goal vs Arsenal. Bast&rd. icon_razz.gif

Now he just goes and gets sent off for mediocre teams. icon_biggrin.gif

Ramsey's decision making and composure looked awful in the FA cup, and although the occasion certainly may have affected him, I've not really seen much in the Championship that's shown him to be much better.

Can't ever see him being better than.. Fletcher.

He's not signed yet.

All that's happened is that Cardiff have received 3 bids, and Manchester United have confirmed that one is theirs.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A4...DB70}&newsid=6610831

office statement... looks more than just a bid icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by SebM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hershie:

He's not signed yet.

All that's happened is that Cardiff have received 3 bids, and Manchester United have confirmed that one is theirs.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A4...DB70}&newsid=6610831

office statement... looks more than just a bid icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read the Cardiff statement, and the revised Sky Sports and BBC articles.

Manchester United are saying that basically he's theirs, as he's agreed to their contractual terms; but he still has another offer to listen to, and so could in principle reject the Man Utd deal, if the other (believed to be Arsenal or Liverpool) is more tempting.

I think at his age it's a test of character and where he sees his career at, given Man Utd's reputation for success, and Arsenal's for youth.

I think at his age it's a test of character and where he sees his career at, given Man Utd's reputation for success, and Arsenal's for English youth.

icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's Welsh. icon_razz.gif

Also, look at all the young players to get into the first-team squad at Arsenal for LC and on the subs bench in the Prem; most are English. icon_razz.gif

Also, look at all the young players to get into the first-team squad at Arsenal for LC and on the subs bench in the Prem; most are English. icon_razz.gif

I'm Northern Irish and always get labelled as Irish so now I just classify anyone in mainland UK as English icon_biggrin.gif jkin

This is turning into an off topic discussion and I don't really care where he ends up because as you said earlier he didn't really get my juices flowing in the FA cup. However, I don't see making the league cup squad or sitting on the bench but never actually getting to play as an incentive to join Arsenal lol.

I'm Northern Irish and always get labelled as Irish so now I just classify anyone in mainland UK as English icon_biggrin.gif jkin

This is turning into an off topic discussion and I don't really care where he ends up because as you said earlier he didn't really get my juices flowing in the FA cup. However, I don't see making the league cup squad or sitting on the bench but never actually getting to play as an incentive to join Arsenal lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that's better than the false hope Man Utd players get. A few League Cup games, a Prem game, loaned to League 2, released. :p

Yeah. A bit off topic. I'll shush. If you call the Welsh English though, you're no better than the Americans, or Prince Phillip. icon_razz.gif

you're no better than the Americans, or Prince Phillip. icon_razz.gif

Yellow card for offensive comment icon_biggrin.gif

Personally I think Utd and Arsenal would both be excellent choices and as I said earlier the fact is if he doesn't improve enough to get games with either of those teams considering their coaching staff and facilities then he really was never good enough.

Then again if he goes to someone like Wigan he may never reach his full potential because of no chance of European football etc. That's no disrespect to Wigan and i'm not saying he wouldn't achieve his potential if he went there, but the fact is he has more of a chance of reahcing it with a top team.

• SI Staff

If you want to discuss specific players then do so in the Good Player Guide or the Data Issues forum if you think they are overrated/underrated.

Archived