Players unhappy at the treatment of other player

Just wondering if anyone else had come across this. I was managing Burnley, doing pretty average at best. Martin Patterson has agreed to join Everton at the end of the season and next game gets sent off in the 3rd minute of a match. I fine him a weeks wages as it was his 3rd red of the season, I warn twice, fine a 3rd time. He tells me he feels he has been treated unfairly as he is leaving the club I'm victimising him (nice touch!). Then I have 23 other players in my squad unhappy at the treatment of him so have to go through 23 private conversations which in turn leaves about 12 of my players requesting to leave. I mean I'm hard Sir Alex, but its just a bit annoying that my game is kinda ruined by having so many players looking to leave.

I'm not saying its going to stop me playing the game, I guess its just made me a bit wary of what I say to the players. Its just a bit frustrating to basically have to pander to the entire squads needs.

I had the same with my Leicester team last night.

I had a player receive a second yellow and thus a red card and so after the match I fined him a weeks wage.

I also had the entire 1st team complain to me about his treatment which got a bit boring after the first few players.

It resulted in the vast majority backing down whereas (typically) my best 3 players were all unhappy with me with one of them slapping in a transfer request (which I agreed to).

Not as bad as yourself but annoying that everyone got upset over this but in hindsight if I'd chose to look at the incident again then maybe a warning would of been better and avoided the hassle.

To make matters worse my now terrible moral ridden team went on a 4 game losing streak before they got over it.

I had a funny one today...

Two players disliked each other. One came to me telling me how much he loathed the other guy, so I told him to sort it out and get on with it. "I don't think I can do that" was his reply, so I decided to leave it there while I assessed my options.

The next day, amongst the 5 or 6 teammates beating down my office door to complain about this apparent 'unfair treatment', was none other than the player who was the target of this hatred. It seems they'd decided to hate me instead of each other, so I suppose in a round-about way I solved the problem!

Archived