Game does everything to make sure you lose!!

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6629/liverpoolvolympiquelyon.png

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7830/manutdvliverpoolinforma.png

I also dont have the screenshot for when Utd scored in the

scored a pen in the 89th min then scored twice in the 97th and 99th min (5 mins were added on) to cost me the title in season 1.

Getting fed up with-

Too many long shots

Cant sell players

Teams like Man City offering me Tevez for £2 million

Cant buy him anyway as he wants £14million and is agent wants £7 million

Players that scout says have potential to be quality players drop to potential to be fairly good after one season--impossible to make them become good--peopel say you

have to play them..but they are rated 1 or half a star and will make my team far worse!

Bookings and red cards galore when my tackling is normal

Opposition score 1 out of 5 shots..I score 1 out of 27 shots

Match preparation--finally thought this feature would allow me to develop and train a tactic but even if evey bar is fluid the team still can be rubbish.

Still after all these versions of FM--training is terrible with no scope to train defenders in the art of defending and strikers in the art of scoring goals..midfields in creating chances etc

Asking players to do something is met with distain..eg tutoring..preferred moves

Morale can go from superb to poor fro no reason

Spending ages scouting/buying world class players does nothing to improve team--a super tactic is always needed..

3d engine-pointless--never watched one match..use commenary or sometimes 2d to use touchline shouts(but even these dont help)

Rant over!! Im not calling for the game to be easy..just playable..

Strange...I'm winning....Game doesn't make me lose. Don't have one super tactic, either. Find myself needing to change them up depending on opponent, home or away, card-happiness of the ref, etc. Wonder what I'm doing different than you, besides playing in a lower league...

Well at least you admit its a rant :rolleyes:

Seriously though most of your issues are user ones.

Just because you don't understand much of the game isn't the games fault. If the time you spent typing your OP had been used to read some of the more constructive threads you would have possibly learned something about the game that would have lessened your frustration & improved your enjoyment of it.

well exactly seems the game is based soley on..great players dont improve things

Great players do not make a good team, if you dont have the tactics to back it up you ay as well play yourself.

Great tactics with average players can beat a team of superstars any day, look at how good rangers have done this season in Europe all because they have a manager who is very tactically aware.

One great player bought into a team of average players when good tactics are used can win you the league.

I would also like to see proof of this "i only score 1 out of 27 shots" some screen shots would be nice.

Well here is proof that the game is unbelivably random...a couple of weeks since that infamous 5-1 defeat at home to Lyon i go to Stamford Bridge to play

Chelsea who are 4 places above me in 2nd.. used exact same tactics!!

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/1003/chelseavliverpoolinform.png

How can i create 6 clear cut chances away against Chelsea and 1 at home to bottom of the league teams

All the points are ones i can do nothing about...morale/transfers/long shots

Absolute rubbish.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6629/liverpoolvolympiquelyon.png

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7830/manutdvliverpoolinforma.png

I also dont have the screenshot for when Utd scored in the

scored a pen in the 89th min then scored twice in the 97th and 99th min (5 mins were added on) to cost me the title in season 1.

I can only see minimum stats from your screenshots but:

Man Utd/Liverpool - They had more shots, more on target, they were at home so pushed for the win especially after you had a defender sent off.

Liverpool/Lyon - Again they had more shots & more on target. Looks like one of those matches that after you scored first they threw caution to the wind with nothing to lose and once they gained in confidence your team crumbled like a house of cards.

Getting fed up with-

Too many long shots

Whats too many? its all down opinion.

But if you are having a lot its down to your tactics, players shoot when they run out of other options.

Cant sell players

Teams like Man City offering me Tevez for £2 million

Cant buy him anyway as he wants £14million and is agent wants £7 million

I haven't played much of FM11 so I won't comment but certainly the transfer market is something that will be reviewed for the next patch.

Players that scout says have potential to be quality players drop to potential to be fairly good after one season--impossible to make them become good--peopel say you

Scouts/coaches aren't always right but if you play & train the players correctly the ones with potential will improve.

have to play them..but they are rated 1 or half a star and will make my team far worse!

Stars are only a guideline, its attributes that matter. Also a 1* player at Liverpool will probably be better than a 5* at most lower league clubs. At the end of the day why do you have a player in your squad if you don't want to play him.

Bookings and red cards galore when my tackling is normal

Tackling isn't the be all and end all. First of all its a player instruction and they aren't followed 100% & secondly cards can come for any number of reasons, hard tackles just being one of them.

Maybe your players are tired and mis-time tackles, maybe you ask them to tightly mark and close down players quickly for instance.

Opposition score 1 out of 5 shots..I score 1 out of 27 shots

Does this not tell you that your tactics could be improved?

The opposition create better chances, scoring a higher % of them.

Match preparation--finally thought this feature would allow me to develop and train a tactic but even if evey bar is fluid the team still can be rubbish.

Again this suggests your tactics could be significantly improved.

Still after all these versions of FM--training is terrible with no scope to train defenders in the art of defending and strikers in the art of scoring goals..midfields in creating chances etc

Urm you can.

Set your own training schedules focusing on the areas you want the player to improve.

Asking players to do something is met with distain..eg tutoring..preferred moves

Won't comment as I haven't played enough of FM11 but never had an issue with previous versions.

Morale can go from superb to poor fro no reason

Again I won't comment as I haven't played FM11 enough.

Spending ages scouting/buying world class players does nothing to improve team--a super tactic is always needed.

Rubbish.

3d engine-pointless--never watched one match..use commenary or sometimes 2d to use touchline shouts(but even these dont help)

Maybe thats where your going wrong. You play the match in your head but it just happens to be different to what is actually happening on the pitch.

Great players do not make a good team, if you dont have the tactics to back it up you ay as well play yourself.

Great tactics with average players can beat a team of superstars any day, look at how good rangers have done this season in Europe all because they have a manager who is very tactically aware.

One great player bought into a team of average players when good tactics are used can win you the league.

I would also like to see proof of this "i only score 1 out of 27 shots" some screen shots would be nice.

Here!!

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/953/liverpoolvwolvessplitvi.png

Well here is proof that the game is unbelivably random...a couple of weeks since that infamous 5-1 defeat at home to Lyon i go to Stamford Bridge to play

Chelsea who are 4 places above me in 2nd.. used exact same tactics!!

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/1003/chelseavliverpoolinform.png

How can i create 6 clear cut chances away against Chelsea and 1 at home to bottom of the league teams

This is the probably the biggest issue over the last few years and shows a total lack of understanding of football by many users.

Like others who have the same problem I suspect you play a direct, attacking game.

Chelsea were above you in the league and playing at home. They saw themselves as favourites and played an attacking game looking to score & win. This suited your tactic and allowed you to exploit the gaps they left at the back when counter attacking.

Playing at home to the bottom of the league the opposition recognised you were the favourites and played a defensive counter attacking game keeping men behind the ball. You failed to adapt and stretch the defence instead sticking to the same tactic that you used against Chelsea and expecting it to work in the same way.

The point about + minutes going way to long is quite valid I believe. Just won a +2 that went 95 and a half minutes as the other chaps took shot after shot in injury time and the game wasn't stopped until my guys finally took possession and the ref stopped trying to throw the game. ;P It seems that games that feature shot opportunities go on forever, while if nothing is happening the game tends to end right on the announced plus time. Also it does seem that when down esp by two goals the other team suddenly improves beyond reason, my guys forget how to play and my chances of scoring until they pull to within 1 goal are non existent. Almost seems like a rubber band rule (see auto racing games) is in effect. Anyone else notice this or have suggestions what to do to avoid this?

BTW what is the best to use when up in a game late. I've tried everything from contain to overload and oddly attacking seems to work best as anything defensive just results in endless shots on my goal by the other team, while attacking at least gets the ball out of my end for 30 seconds at a time occasionally.

The point about + minutes going way to long is quite valid I believe. Just won a +2 that went 95 and a half minutes as the other chaps took shot after shot in injury time and the game wasn't stopped until my guys finally took possession and the ref stopped trying to throw the game. ;P It seems that games that feature shot opportunities go on forever, while if nothing is happening the game tends to end right on the announced plus time. Also it does seem that when down esp by two goals the other team suddenly improves beyond reason, my guys forget how to play and my chances of scoring until they pull to within 1 goal are non existent. Almost seems like a rubber band rule (see auto racing games) is in effect. Anyone else notice this or have suggestions what to do to avoid this?BTW what is the best to use when up in a game late. I've tried everything from contain to overload and oddly attacking seems to work best as anything defensive just results in endless shots on my goal by the other team, while attacking at least gets the ball out of my end for 30 seconds at a time occasionally.

Does this count :D

I play with Middlesbrough and I have no problem winning. I'm currently 2nd in the league right now behind Nottingham. Having a blast with the game. I can't comment on selling players as I have only loaned players out, but there are two teams that are interested in buying Scott McDonald who has been a beast this year for me. He's leading the league in goals as well.

I'm using one of the 4-1-1-2-2 tactics that was posted in the other part of the forums. Followed the plan to a tee and it's working out beautifully. The only issue I had was in one game I had 3 red cards against my players. I don't remember who was sent off, but the referee had it out for me. Not sure what that was all about. I was furious, and even the commentary said something like "That shouldn't have been a red card".

Other than that the game is fantastic.

kingdalglish has made some very good points here and as usual some of you just jump on him and defend the game you love by trying to make him look a fool, he isn't and a lot of what he says here is very true and correct. Having said that a lot of the stuff other posters have said here is true also, kingdalgish - there are ways around some of the problems you're having but some of the solutions need a bit of working out by you, you can't rely on things like training and tactics to work things out on there own, you really do have try all kinds of stuff to get any benefits from them. My players were just getting worse and worse week after week, then I came up with the most ridiculous training schedule any part-time team has ever tried in its history....but it worked and most of the time now I can get reasonable fitness and improvement. I was and still am, getting a few of those very annoying games you mention too, where I totally batter the opposition for 90 minutes and then lose to a shot from about a mile out which no-one seems to be able to see coming. I think the trouble is the game plays ' the surprise result' card far to often, yes of course stuff like this goes on in real life every now and then but FM 11 seems to way overload the 'oh dear what a shock' factor..... I'm not bitching at all, I'm really enjoying the game now and I've got my team to a point where they can just about hold their own in the league, I'm quite happy at that, it would become very boring if I just went out and won week after week. Plus of course the new patch/patches shouldn't be far away now so stick with it and keep trying different things, you will find the answer to some of your problems if you look deep enough.

There are ALOT of factors that go into each match day. Not just morale, whether you are playing home or away, etc. Also it's not just the tactic you are using, but it's also your opponents tactic MATCHING up against yours. It's also what kind of mood the ref is in as this plays a huge part as well.

I've had a ref give me goals that should have been called back, but then I've had a ref that gave my players 3 red cards in ONE game for the littlest things. There are so many different factors. Weather plays a part as well. Some players don't play as well in the rain, etc. And if you think long shots don't happen in real life, then you don't watch alot of football. They do. I've seen Rooney make insane shots from almost halfway down the pitch.

I'm sure that the game isn't out there to get us.. but there is only one thing that is annoying when it happens.

When you score and you concede right after, and i'm not talking 2 or 3 minutes after.. i could perfectly accept it and that happens often IRL, i'm talking about they concede, kick off and proceed to make a series of unstoppable passes to somehow score.. i think i've only seen this happen once IRL and was when Hans-Jorg Butt went to score a penalty and wasn't back in position fast enough so they scored a goal from half-life.. which is quite different anyway.

Having said that there's some good advice here.. when the odds heavily favour you play with a slower tempo and keep possession so you are weary of the oppostion counter-attack.. once you score try to be more direct and quick to take advantage of the other team pushing up to try to equalize, away from home as an underdog be more cautious and play more direct to hit them on the break.. check pitch size and weather and adapt your passing to that,etc.

Of course now and then there will be the odd game where you have 7 chances and they score from the only shot on goal.. but the point that i'm trying to make is that every little detail helps in preventing those games to happen.. since those tactical tweaks to good team talks to keeping a squad fit and fresh,etc!

Good luck and have fun.. and i'm not trying to have any higher moral ground here.. i've almost smashed my mouse a couple of times this week due to those 30 yarders!

kingdalglish is 100% spot on, i hate these dead bad geeks and nerds who defend the game, yes miles jacobson deserves a medal for everything his achieved with the fm series and all his workers, so thank you miles jacobson.

But this fm series has gone to far, only nerdy geeks can defend this game now, it is on it's last legs, what else can they add to make the game better!?

They can only really take things off the game to make it better, i stopped playing the game due to morale, team-talk effectiveness and you have to use 4-3-3 or some other insane amazing tactic, this game virtually says 4-4-2 is un champions league winnable with, get a 20 motivating and 20 man management assistant in, let him do team-talks, use 4-3-3 and wow your the next barcelona+man utd = AMAZING! the game is around 60% on team-talks (results) i mean even the wrong team-talk makes a player miss an open goal from 6 yards, it is so bad, miles we ow you big time for the series you made for us, but surely you even saying you use your assistant yourself for things realise how bad this game has gone, i don't mean to disrespect you in a way, i'd be proud to meet you, but only fm obssesed freaky people with know life can defend the game now, i know you said miles you had death threats over this game is by far over the top, but surely that should be a kick up your but to make major changes in the game, i personally give this years fm due to morale and team talks alone a 4/10, buying a player should be exciting on a game, not buying a player and thinking i have to motivate him every game, i mean my best player always goes randomly superb morale to very poor without reason and my whole team stay superb and stuff like that, dalglish is 100% accurate, any fm defenders over this message sort your lifes out, your so obssesed with a game you don't know how much change it needs, in real life, 1 convo with a player can make him feel the best player in the world, on fm it takes in game time month(s)

andrew

kingdalglish is 100% spot on, i hate these dead bad geeks and nerds who defend the game, yes miles jacobson deserves a medal for everything his achieved with the fm series and all his workers, so thank you miles jacobson.

But this fm series has gone to far, only nerdy geeks can defend this game now, it is on it's last legs, what else can they add to make the game better!?

They can only really take things off the game to make it better, i stopped playing the game due to morale, team-talk effectiveness and you have to use 4-3-3 or some other insane amazing tactic, this game virtually says 4-4-2 is un champions league winnable with, get a 20 motivating and 20 man management assistant in, let him do team-talks, use 4-3-3 and wow your the next barcelona+man utd = AMAZING! the game is around 60% on team-talks (results) i mean even the wrong team-talk makes a player miss an open goal from 6 yards, it is so bad, miles we ow you big time for the series you made for us, but surely you even saying you use your assistant yourself for things realise how bad this game has gone, i don't mean to disrespect you in a way, i'd be proud to meet you, but only fm obssesed freaky people with know life can defend the game now, i know you said miles you had death threats over this game is by far over the top, but surely that should be a kick up your but to make major changes in the game, i personally give this years fm due to morale and team talks alone a 4/10, buying a player should be exciting on a game, not buying a player and thinking i have to motivate him every game, i mean my best player always goes randomly superb morale to very poor without reason and my whole team stay superb and stuff like that, dalglish is 100% accurate, any fm defenders over this message sort your lifes out, your so obssesed with a game you don't know how much change it needs, in real life, 1 convo with a player can make him feel the best player in the world, on fm it takes in game time month(s)

andrew

I for one take offense at the nature of your post.

The game has improved immensely over the last 15-20 years and this is partly due to the input from those "geeks and nerds" that you slate.

The direction the game is taking isn't for everyone but just because you lack the understanding and can't cope with the depth doesn't give you the right to abuse those of us that can.

I for one take offense at the nature of your post.

The game has improved immensely over the last 15-20 years and this is partly due to the input from those "geeks and nerds" that you slate.

The direction the game is taking isn't for everyone but just because you lack the understanding and can't cope with the depth doesn't give you the right to abuse those of us that can.

+1

For the record its perfectly possible to win the champions league using the 4-4-2, i've had more success with the 4-4-2 than any other formation

i do all my own team talk press conferences and player interaction, and never have problem with keeping my side motivated

You struggle because of your own lack of understanding

+1

For the record its perfectly possible to win the champions league using the 4-4-2, i've had more success with the 4-4-2 than any other formation

i do all my own team talk press conferences and player interaction, and never have problem with keeping my side motivated

You struggle because of your own lack of understanding

+2

I won the CL using a 4-4-2 in my first season.

In fact its more unlikely that a team will win the CL irl now using a 'traditional' 4-4-2.

Anyone having problems like this are clearly not good enough at the game and just get into a blind rage when they lose a game. It's mental.

I have never had a problem with player morale or motivation, always managed to keep my players happy.

And the tactic side of the game is easier this year if anything, just a few tweaks to a pre-set tactic and you're away if you cater for your players strengths.

+2

I won the CL using a 4-4-2 in my first season.

In fact its more unlikely that a team will win the CL irl now using a 'traditional' 4-4-2.

+3

i have managed to use this formation to great effect, i never used to use it in FM10 i always went for a 4-3-1-2 as i could never find good enough wingers but with Aberdeen your best two playrs to begin with are your wingers so i switched and after tweaking i have found it very useful you cant just set up 4-4-2 in the tactis bit and forget about the rest, if you tweak player instructions and team settings it can be very very effective.

Archived