You cannot register players after transfer window shuts. So did Aston Villa cheat?!?!

Playing as Blackpool in 2012-13 season and got offered Kuszczak as a freebie and since he was better than my current keeper, i completed the transfer. Now i am finding that the registration window is shut and opens on 1.1.2013. How the hell did Villa play Pires then :mad:

Maybe there is a difference between signing a player for free (from another club), and signing an "unattached" player.

Sorry i might sound a bit rude :) but unless the player is "unattached" there is no way he is going to come to your club right? Of course he was a free transfer after he was released by Man Utd at the end of the last season. Also signed another player...Humberto Suazo..same problem :( This was not the case in the Championship last season...but it seems the "problem" is in Premier League. And before anyone suggests..i have just 23 players registered

If you have 25 players already registered, then you cannot register anyone until the next period. Therefore you should keep some free slots.

This happened to me also in League 2. Signed a very good free player in November, but couldn't use him till January, as I had 25 registered players and no spare slot.

He was still under contract at Man Utd. His contract had not expired; Man Utd just offered him out for free to get rid of him.

Whether the transfer fee was $0 or $50mil is irrelevant. He could not be registered as he was purchased outside the registration window.

If he'd been released on a free transfer, then snapped up by another club, then he could be registered as he was a free agent. This is different, however, in that he was still on the books at Man Utd when they agreed a fee for the player to move to his new club.

He was still under contract at Man Utd. His contract had not expired; Man Utd just offered him out for free to get rid of him.

Whether the transfer fee was $0 or $50mil is irrelevant. He could not be registered as he was purchased outside the registration window.

If he'd been released on a free transfer, then snapped up by another club, then he could be registered as he was a free agent. This is different, however, in that he was still on the books at Man Utd when they agreed a fee for the player to move to his new club.

Ahh my alter ego :rolleyes: I wonder how do you know so much about my save...did you hack into my system!!!!! Ok..let me make it clear once again...Kuszczak was released by Man Utd at the end of last season. I was offered the player by some agent called Gancarczyk. I offered him a contract and he accepted him. So he came to my club. He was under no "month to month" contract with the club. He was a free player..and so was the striker Humberto Souza. I had just 23 players registered with 13 "home grown" players..which meant that i should be able to register both the guys...however i could not. Jumped ship to Birmingham City so i cannot provide the "squad registration screenie but here is a pic of the fixture details from their next game:

94716442.jpg

looking at that screenshot it seems your in december which is out of the registration window as you can no longer sign any players on loan, on a free or by transfer, as the deadline has passed, whereas the Pires signing you compare it to was in November before the free agent window shut, so therefore could still be registered.

Hope this helps and if you signed him before the deadline then I don't know why you can't register him.

You can do it. Did you try continuing to the next match?

No...was not able to do it..when i tried including him the squad, i got a pop up saying he was not registered..Even now after i left the club he has still played just 2 games..all in the league cup.

looking at that screenshot it seems your in december which is out of the registration window as you can no longer sign any players on loan, on a free or by transfer, as the deadline has passed, whereas the Pires signing you compare it to was in November before the free agent window shut, so therefore could still be registered.

Hope this helps and if you signed him after the deadline then I don't know why you can't register him.

Pires signed for Villa on November 16. Kuszczak was signed on October 17 while Suazo was signed on October 21.

the same has happened to me. i lost bent to injury in pre season for 4 months and in october gyan was ruled out for 6 weeks. i was left with welbeck (2nd loan), campbell and a regen. thought i'd look for a short term solution and saw van nistelrooy was on a free after just recovering from injury. he signed until the end of the season but i can't register him until jan. i only registered 23 players in the summer too

you shouldn't be able to sign free transfers when you are suggesting you have so a bit confused here.

:confused: You can sign free players from September 5 to November 21 and from February 7 to March 28 (at least in the Premier League) Should have had kept aside a saved game for the bugs forum.

Pires was a free player, kusczak wasn't im assuming.

Does no one actually, like, you know, READ what the OP writes before trying to answer??? :facepalm:

As for the OP: all I can assume is that the game thought the player was not unattached in some fashion. Anytime you get something like this happening, you should always make a save to post to the bugs forum. Might also point out that if you keep 5 or 10 rolling autosaves, you'll still have that bug save even if you move on a month or so. :)

Archived