A team talk debacle: so bad it's funny! :)

This is NOT a rant...

Actually it went so over the top I found it more funny than irritating.

So, Champions League Second Qualifying Round, 2nd Leg.

My Rosenborg team had won 9-0 at home against Encamp. The away game in Andorra was a mere formality, so I rested some players and wasn't expecting another big fat win...

Half-time we're leading 1-0 in a very poor game. I say "Nothing", being content with not picking up cards or injuries...

Then the unthinkable happens... The opponents come back on the pitch as if they were Barça and by the 55th minute they're up 2-1. I then tried to wake my players up, going all out attack etc, but to no avail.

Obviously I wasn't particularly pleased with losing to a team of amateurs, so I voiced my anger at the end of a game, telling the players their performance was embarrassing... Who wouldn't have said so to be honest?

BIG MISTAKE!

My best centreback, who wasn't even playing, immediately became unhappy and wanted to talk to me... He had the nerve to complain about my team talks, and when I dared to say I didn't think I had been unfair, he got even more angry and said he didn't think he could ever work with me.

So, seeing how things were going, I decided to pull out all the stops and I proposed him mutual termination...

HE AGREED!!! For free...

:D

Seriously, I can't even get mad at the game anymore... The player interaction model is a shambles, the players' reactions are so over the top it feels like an episode of a soap opera (or the Big Brother).

P.S. needless to say, I reloaded the game after this little experiment... I just wanted to see how far would the game push the kindergarden-style BS...

It pushed it well beyond my most pessimistic expectations :D

Archived