what makes a good scout?

Why is it that some scouts with 19/20 for Judging PA/CA provide reports that are meaningless whilst other scouts with less attributes come back with loads of info like how much the player will cost etc...

Is it to do with how much knowledge they have? Their reputation? Whether you just get a scout report card or for 3 games etc? Or some other attribute like determination?

There just doesn't sem to be any simple way of telling who is a good scout, as I've signed scouts with high attributes who can't do anything to save themselves!

Why is it that some scouts with 19/20 for Judging PA/CA provide reports that are meaningless whilst other scouts with less attributes come back with loads of info like how much the player will cost etc...

Is it to do with how much knowledge they have? Their reputation? Whether you just get a scout report card or for 3 games etc? Or some other attribute like determination?

There just doesn't sem to be any simple way of telling who is a good scout, as I've signed scouts with high attributes who can't do anything to save themselves!

I like a scout with decent tactical knowledge as well as JA/JP stats. Also, if they are good with youngsters.

Basically, a scout with good coaching stats as well - I think Marcel Dessaily is the best scout on the game in terms of advice... at least with regards to his track record, his recommendations have come good more than any other for me. Don't think it's a coincidence that he is now a very good coach for me and will be Ass Man when my current one goes.

Determination tends to make the scout spend more time at a place. Say you assigned two to scout Brazil, the one with higher determination tends to be there for days longer.

The only 2 things I'm usually looking for are high JPA/CA (as close to 20/20) and high enough CA to give you all the information and not the brief version of report cards.

Reputation might play a role, but I can't tell that for sure. Since scouts rep don't get increased with the team wining trophies, that could imply that it's their actual reputation and ability.

Archived