playmaker, finances, reserve squad and more

roxy

I am a newbie to FM2011, and while the game is quite self-explanatory, I still have a few questions.

1) (major question) why is my club constantly at financial loss? I have a rather strong team and as such, I never made any changes: didn't sign any new players, didn't increase salaries, etc.. I am still at only 50% of what board allows me to spend on transfers and wages, but any time I look at finances, the club is at negative balance. Is it my responsibility? If so, what should I do to improve? The team is constantly winning, the confidence is good, so if the stadium is not filling up, not sure why.. Should I be concerned and what should I do?

2) my team has the reserve squads B and C. am I responsible for those, too? I never see any matches they play, as they play in much lower divisions. am I responsible for singing or selling players in reserve squads? they are not worth much money though..

3) my assistant always tells me to "go strong but fair" on somebody. while I found all setting about opposition team, this one I cannot find. what should I change, where is the setting?

4) my assistant always tells me there is a gap between midfield and attack. I think I should assign a playmaker, but how do I go about doing it? where is a setting to make somebody a playmaker? cannot find it.

5) and my last question: one player has a sign, smth like "Frt" (even with glasses on, I cannot really tell, but I think it's Frt). what does it mean?

thanks in advance for any feedback.

1) (major question) why is my club constantly at financial loss? I have a rather strong team and as such, I never made any changes: didn't sign any new players, didn't increase salaries, etc.. I am still at only 50% of what board allows me to spend on transfers and wages, but any time I look at finances, the club is at negative balance. Is it my responsibility? If so, what should I do to improve? The team is constantly winning, the confidence is good, so if the stadium is not filling up, not sure why.. Should I be concerned and what should I do? - You really need to look through your finances to see where your money is going. It is usually wages, even though you have not bought much, you may still have a very high bill, you can try to offer new deals to older high earners for less money, or sell them on.

2) my team has the reserve squads B and C. am I responsible for those, too? I never see any matches they play, as they play in much lower divisions. am I responsible for singing or selling players in reserve squads? they are not worth much money though.. - not unless you choose to. You can choose to control these teams in some leagues, in other leagues your reserves are run as a seperate team so you would need to manage them instead of 'A' team.

3) my assistant always tells me to "go strong but fair" on somebody. while I found all setting about opposition team, this one I cannot find. what should I change, where is the setting? - there isnt really, from what i can gather he is telling you to go in hard.

4) my assistant always tells me there is a gap between midfield and attack. I think I should assign a playmaker, but how do I go about doing it? where is a setting to make somebody a playmaker? cannot find it. - in your tactics screen, you can set your teams playmakers in the team instructions, you choose from a drop down list.

5) and my last question: one player has a sign, smth like "Frt" (even with glasses on, I cannot really tell, but I think it's Frt). what does it mean? - this means that the player is leaving his club on a free transfer.

hope that helps you out a bit!

Archived