The "Opposition has 90% conversion rate against me" Thread.

So actually this was a rant about that opposition teams seam to have a better chance conversion then my team.

But since I proved myself wrong once I looked up the data and checked the stats I will remove this post and quote myself here.

Since I can never rule out that I might have a very subjective view when playing a game like FM I collected some data to get some stats that aren't provided by the game.

And it turns our well I was totally wrong.

Really surprising how subjective perception sometimes can be when you only have the last 2 or 3 games in mind while raging about something.

It turns out that the stats of my team are almost similar to those of the opposition.

Shots on goals percentage for opponents was 26,5% while I had 37,4%.

CCCs to goals percentage is 60% for opposition teams and 68,8% for me.

And finally my team was even better at the shots on target to goal percentage which was at 23,1% for opposition teams and 28,9% for me.

So when viewed over the course of 16 games I really wasn't doing worse then the opposition in terms of chance conversion I was in fact better at every part of it.

But there is a reason why I felt like I felt.

I conceded in 6 out of these 16 games one goal and in 4 of these games the opposition had only 1 shot on goal compared to two games where I didn't concede when the opposition had only one shot on goal.

Even though this can be the cause of me getting angry at always conceding with only getting one shot on goal it probably will even itself out after I have played 50 games or something like this.

Well so I think apologies are in order towards SI for slating them just because of my bad memory.

I guess I just should punch my pillow the next time when I feel badly treated by a computer game instead of complaining about it on the Internet.

Peace out.

One thing I want to note though is that SI might improve the stats section of this game a bit so you can check it in game instead of having to write down stuff all by yourself.

One look at these stats might actually solve some subjective misconception people have about this game so I think having a look into improving the stats section might be worthwhile.

For a moment i thought this was just goign to be the official thread for all such complaints, but no.......

Well let's treat it as the unofficial thread about this.

Get better CB's and keeper.

Well I have probably some of the best defenders in the world otherwise my opposition wouldn't only get like 1 shot on goal 4 out of 5 games.

Not another thread on this! Does this happen in every game, or does it just happen once every 5 games with the other 4 going heavily in your favour but you don't notice?

No it actually happens in 4 out of 5 games with one game where the opposition plays fairly well but doesn't score for some strange reason.

Get better CB's and keeper.

What a bollox reply this is. You can have the best players in the game and the only way it'll find to beat you is to have you hammer the opposition with no luck, only to concede a last minute goal with the opps first proper shot.

In fact, the better the team is the more likely these games are. And I know I'll get all the suckers come on and say 'but that happens irl etc', I know it does, but I'd just like there to be a different way of losing and playing on fm. Without me havin 20+ shots EVERY game.

If it's gonna be a game that draws 1-1 or they nick a 1-0 I'd rather the match engine skim through the game so I can get it over with and move on without my strikers shooting acuracy going to 20%.

when are these goals being scored by your opposition ? if its in the 1st 10 mins or the first/last 5 minutes of each half then nothing wrong with it, due to the tired factor. Also train your layers (mainly your forwards and midfielders on finishing training and to a lesser extent, retrain them as amc's and/or strikers)

This is why we need a seperate 'Ranters' forum. That way I could happily never go in there and happily never have to read another one of these tiresome threads.

If you want help, ask nicely and plenty of people will offer it. If you want to chuck toys out of prams can't you do it somewhere else or preferably not at all.

This is why we need a seperate 'Ranters' forum. That way I could happily never go in there and happily never have to read another one of these tiresome threads.

If you want help, ask nicely and plenty of people will offer it. If you want to chuck toys out of prams can't you do it somewhere else or preferably not at all.

Judging by the amount of posts you've made you must surely realise that like us ranters who have to put up with the holy forum snobs, you will have to put up with the ranters. Here's a good idea, if you look at a thread and don't like it, press back up and forget about it. If the thread is that bad it'll soon disapear from site.

Judging by the amount of posts you've made you must surely realise that like us ranters who have to put up with the holy forum snobs, you will have to put up with the ranters. Here's a good idea, if you look at a thread and don't like it, press back up and forget about it. If the thread is that bad it'll soon disapear from site.

I'm sure you read all of my post, so I fail to see why you didn't notice the 2 salient points I made? Or is it just easier to focus on the acerbic comments I made? To help you identify them, I've bolded them below. Both of my ideas, would make the forum (particularly General 'Discussion') a nicer place. Isn't that what we all want? Or do you just want to have a bitch fest? In which case I refer you to the last sentence in my post.

the bad, boring, repetitive moaning threads never seem to disappear, and are never in short supply

I don't overly require peoples help, especially on tactics etc so that is irrelevent to me. I'd be concerned though that the ranters forum would be pushed aside and never briers by those who matter and so our points lost.

The whole situation with excessive shots and match inbalance has been occuring for many years and needs to be ranted about because it'll never be fixed.

Good timing for me to find this thread :( Just had 26 shots against a distinctly average Valenciennes FC. Had Dzeko and Suarez up front, Hazard as playmaker and Marin and Afellay on the wings so no lack of attacking quality. Was expecting some profligacy since Dzeko and Suarez are new, gelling etc. - but we lost 2-0. They had 2 shots. Rage.

Oh, Neuer in goal and Rami and Mangane as CB's.

What a bollox reply this is. You can have the best players in the game and the only way it'll find to beat you is to have you hammer the opposition with no luck, only to concede a last minute goal with the opps first proper shot.

In fact, the better the team is the more likely these games are. And I know I'll get all the suckers come on and say 'but that happens irl etc', I know it does, but I'd just like there to be a different way of losing and playing on fm. Without me havin 20+ shots EVERY game.

If it's gonna be a game that draws 1-1 or they nick a 1-0 I'd rather the match engine skim through the game so I can get it over with and move on without my strikers shooting acuracy going to 20%.

Yep your right the game is totally broken... that's how come my team was in the top 3 goals scored, one of my strikers got the golden boot for the league, and they had the fewest conceded goals.

Yeah, the AI cheats and scores more goals then we do.

I'm sick of this stupidity... give us some screanshots of hard numbers on your strikers stats, goals conceded, etc... Because I think you people are just being whiny ass bitches and you need to just shut your freaking holes.

I don't overly require peoples help, especially on tactics etc so that is irrelevent to me. I'd be concerned though that the ranters forum would be pushed aside and never briers by those who matter and so our points lost.

The whole situation with excessive shots and match inbalance has been occuring for many years and needs to be ranted about because it'll never be fixed.

And this post explains exactly why you should be confined to a ranters forum.

You clearly do need help, because I and many other people (martyr, judging by his posts) are not having these same problems. So there is obviously something we are doing that you aren't. Or vice versa.

But anyway, its clear that any help I could offer isn't wanted so I'll leave it at that.

Since I can never rule out that I might have a very subjective view when playing a game like FM I collected some data to get some stats that aren't provided by the game.

And it turns our well I was totally wrong.

Really surprising how subjective perception sometimes can be when you only have the last 2 or 3 games in mind while raging about something.

It turns out that the stats of my team are almost similar to those of the opposition.

Shots on goals percentage for opponents was 26,5% while I had 37,4%.

CCCs to goals percentage is 60% for opposition teams and 68,8% for me.

And finally my team was even better at the shots on target to goal percentage which was at 23,1% for opposition teams and 28,9% for me.

So when viewed over the course of 16 games I really wasn't doing worse then the opposition in terms of chance conversion I was in fact better at every part of it.

But there is a reason why I felt like I felt.

I conceded in 6 out of these 16 games one goal and in 4 of these games the opposition had only 1 shot on goal compared to two games where I didn't concede when the opposition had only one shot on goal.

Even though this can be the cause of me getting angry at always conceding with only getting one shot on goal it probably will even itself out after I have played 50 games or something like this.

Well so I think apologies are in order towards SI for slating them just because of my bad memory.

I guess I just should punch my pillow the next time when I feel badly treated by a computer game instead of complaining about it on the Internet.

Peace out.

Seriously?

If so, massive respect. I've never seen anyone admit that before.

Today is a good day.

Yes seriously.

Since I'm actually a person who doesn't like it if people post stuff they can't back up with data.

But being only human I fall for that some times to but I really don't have a problem if the data points towards the fact that I was mistaken or rushed to a conclusion I will admit it.

I mean it's even good for myself to look at that data and see "Well there is in fact no reason to get riled up about since your team is really doing good." it puts everything into perspective for me which is especially helpful if such an emotional topic like football is involved.

I doubt the ME is even aware of which team the AI controls and which you control. It would make no sense from a programming point of view for the ME to distinguish which team you manage and then alter results to put you at a disadvantage. The ME probably does the exact same calculations for AI vs AI as it does for Human vs AI, meaning cheating is impossible and you're just unlucky

Yes seriously.

Since I'm actually a person who doesn't like it if people post stuff they can't back up with data.

But being only human I fall for that some times to but I really don't have a problem if the data points towards the fact that I was mistaken or rushed to a conclusion I will admit it.

I mean it's even good for myself to look at that data and see "Well there is in fact no reason to get riled up about since your team is really doing good." it puts everything into perspective for me which is especially helpful if such an emotional topic like football is involved.

Like I said, massive respect.

Its good to see someone pull up the data on it, and look at things rationally. Good work.

Congrats on the use of stats over a long time period. It is something I am trying to get started here but my last thread seems to have disappeared from the first page. Not only is doing this good for working out exactly what areas you can improve on, it makes you realise that on the whole everything is fine but occasionally you have a struggle. I bet that lots of people have games where they get battered and score one the break from their one real chance (I did it this morning at home to Fulham) but do not mention it.

I might just start quoting this thread and a similar thread I made to people who complain about results.

Yep your right the game is totally broken... that's how come my team was in the top 3 goals scored, one of my strikers got the golden boot for the league, and they had the fewest conceded goals.

Yeah, the AI cheats and scores more goals then we do.

I'm sick of this stupidity... give us some screanshots of hard numbers on your strikers stats, goals conceded, etc... Because I think you people are just being whiny ass bitches and you need to just shut your freaking holes.

are you an idiot or can't you read? I have no problem winning leagues or having high scoring strikers. And who said the game is totally broken? I like playing it. I'm just fed up with a little with the unrealistic way the games are played. I'd like a little more box to box action and maybe some great defending rather than constantly hitting the bar or mom keepers. Too many shots per game for my team.

I doubt the ME is even aware of which team the AI controls and which you control. It would make no sense from a programming point of view for the ME to distinguish which team you manage and then alter results to put you at a disadvantage. The ME probably does the exact same calculations for AI vs AI as it does for Human vs AI, meaning cheating is impossible and you're just unlucky

Correct on all counts.

Archived