Yellow card analysis, possible bug

The past few seasons I have noticed that my team gets a ridiculously high number of yellow cards and I can't see any reason for this. However, in the matches I played I noticed the opposition got booked a bunch of times too so I did a bit of analysis.

yellow.png

I am playing as Royn and in the raw number of yellow cards get three times as many over the season. In this league 3 of 27 games for all the other teams are against Royn leading to 11% of yellow cards would be expected against any one team.

Clearly every other team in the league get far more than 11% of their cards playing against me. If I then scale up their yellow cards over the season using the amounts they are given in games against me all the numbers are around the same area.

Why are games involving me so much dirtier? Has anyone else noticed something like this? Its a pretty simple analysis to do and find out if this is a widespread issue.

it has been raised several times, i had the same issue, i fixed it by slowing my tempo (as i am playing in lower league this seemed to draw alot fo fouls against me), telling players to 'unlearn' diving into tackles etc and bought in players with better defensiv technical skills.

might not work for you but that fixed it for me.

Glad to see someone lese backing up their arguement with actual stats tho!! Much more useful. Are you games particularly dirty? How does total fouls compare matches of, say, B36 against B68 (for example) over the three games compare with their mathces against you? I would guess more fouls = more cards.

In my current save, I have stats to hand for my team at least. I have conceded 33 yellow cards in 26 games. The opposition has 44. The vast majority of these are in the Europa League however, if I consider only league games I have 13 in 17 games for my team, and 18 in 17 games against my team. So I don't seem to have the same problem, except in the Europa League, where I have 20 in 8 games, and the opposition has 26 in 8 games in my matches.

Archived