Problem with Football Manager 2011 on netbook.

I recently purchased football manager 2011 for my Samsung netbook. As there is no disc drive with the netbook I installed the game through steam and it was successful for the first few days. I then unplugged my netbook from the ethernet cable, printer cable, power supply etc with the intention of playing the game on the train. Since I have done this the game will not boot up. Regardless of whether I try and load the game through steam or through the football manager 2011 shortcut, nothing happens. It has previously said that the game is already running, although I haven't been able to play and also this no longer happens. I have been looking at forums online which suggested adding -small_screen -windowed and/or --skin=netbook2011 to the target code on the shortcut and I followed several steps which have failed. Furthermore I've tried downloading a netbook skin however this has also failed. I have my netbook attached to a monitor so the resolution is 1024 x 768 as I believe it should be.

So any help would be greatly appreciated!

Archived