Carlos Tevez, way off.

pret

Firstly, I've put this in General Discussion, as it's not a bug, and I wasn't sure if it's a data issue, if it is, feel free to move it.

Right, Carlos Tevez is known to struggle with English, to the extent of him not doing interviews, yet he appears to speak fluent English in the game.

His media handling style is 'Media Friendly.' How, if he never speaks to the media?

His adaptability is 18, even though he's in his 5th year in England, and still hasn't learnt basic English.

He dislikes Emmanuel Adebayor (rating - 20), surely we'd have heard of this if he hates him that much, but this might just be my game as I'm a year in.

He doesn't have a relation with Gary Neville and they have both made public how much they dislike each other.

Now his attributes:

Bravery - 20, is he as brave as John Terry?

Flair - 16, same as Wayne Rooney, MORE than Steven Gerrard?

Crossing - 14, I don't recall seeing him put in consistent crosses of that level, whereas Man Utd's Rafael, is also 14, and I have seen him consistently put in quality crosses.

Anybody else find him very overrated?

Firstly, I've put this in General Discussion, as it's not a bug, and I wasn't sure if it's a data issue, if it is, feel free to move it.

Right, Carlos Tevez is known to struggle with English, to the extent of him not doing interviews, yet he appears to speak fluent English in the game.

His media handling style is 'Media Friendly.' How, if he never speaks to the media?

His adaptability is 18, even though he's in his 5th year in England, and still hasn't learnt basic English.

He dislikes Emmanuel Adebayor (rating - 20), surely we'd have heard of this if he hates him that much, but this might just be my game as I'm a year in.

He doesn't have a relation with Gary Neville and they have both made public how much they dislike each other.

Now his attributes:

Bravery - 20, is he as brave as John Terry?

Flair - 16, same as Wayne Rooney, MORE than Steven Gerrard?

Crossing - 14, I don't recall seeing him put in consistent crosses of that level, whereas Man Utd's Rafael, is also 14, and I have seen him consistently put in quality crosses.

Anybody else find him very overrated?

I agree with most of what you said but I believe his bravery is about right, if you see some of the tackles Tevez goes into for his team as a striker you'll see how brave he is

I don't think he is overrated, he's been amazing for City(specially since they don't seem to really work as a team) and i think his stats are spot on, he works very hard on the pitch and never gives up on any ball and isn't afraid to get stuck in so i think that his bravery and work rate at 20 are perfect just the way it is.

I agree with most of what you said but I believe his bravery is about right, if you see some of the tackles Tevez goes into for his team as a striker you'll see how brave he is

I'm not saying he isn't brave, but would you see Tevez do what JT did in the CC Final against Arsenal?

Data issues forum: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/197-Football-Manager-2011-Data-Issues

And do you think you could be so nice as to use spoiler tags on the hidden stats please. Some of us just didn't want to know. Cheers.

Yeah I will do in future, just never needed to use them before, didn't think about it

I don't think he is overrated, he's been amazing for City(specially since they don't seem to really work as a team) and i think his stats are spot on, he works very hard on the pitch and never gives up on any ball and isn't afraid to get stuck in so i think that his bravery and work rate at 20 are perfect just the way it is.

Again, I'm not questioning his work rate, i agree with it, but for me, the attributes work on the basis that 20 is the highest which suggests that he could not be any braver. For JT i agree with it, and although he might get stuck in for city, he is not as brave as Terry

I'm not saying he isn't brave, but would you see Tevez do what JT did in the CC Final against Arsenal?

You forget to mention what you called this thread which was "Carlos Tevez, way off" and I also replied by saying it was about right, 1 or 2 bravery isn't going to have much of an effect on the game

I'm not saying every one of his attributes is way off, but that the total number of, in my opinion, wrong attributes, makes his overall rating, way off

Surely adaptability is how well you adapt to your new club/league that you are playing in. Tevez is brilliant in the EPL and has been an instant success since moving to the country. Also, within a year he has become City's talisman and captain. I'd say the boy adapts pretty good.

Another thing, do you have to be fluent in a language to be friendly? He may not speak English but his demeanour is outgoing and friendly.

Surely adaptability is how well you adapt to your new club/league that you are playing in. Tevez is brilliant in the EPL and has been an instant success since moving to the country. Also, within a year he has become City's talisman and captain. I'd say the boy adapts pretty good.

Another thing, do you have to be fluent in a language to be friendly? He may not speak English but his demeanour is outgoing and friendly.

Well I personally would find it hard to adapt to somewhere if i didn't speak the local language, but, i do understand your point about him being a success in England, however, how can he be friendly to the media, if he never speaks to them?

Well I personally would find it hard to adapt to somewhere if i didn't speak the local language, but, i do understand your point about him being a success in England, however, how can he be friendly to the media, if he never speaks to them?

He still speaks to Argenitinian media and our media with a translator probably. I have read (fourfourtwo I think) that he is very personable and welcoming to journo's.

Archived