General Discussion forum has become a bug forum!

I havent got FM11 yet because I dont want to fail my exams, which I would if I bought it. Now I am having second thoughts about buying it because 90% of the posts in the General Discussion forum are about bugs! "This bug, that bug, how to work around another bug, when will they fix all the bugs" etc etc.

I fully appreciate the magnatude of the game, is obviously going to have bugs, thats what happens. It just sort of perplexes me that all anyone does in this forum is moan about bugs! We know...please, move on! Anyway, if the game is as buggy as people clearly make out it is, should I buy it?

I couldnt imagine my life without FM if i didnt!

One bug that would ruin the game for me and stop me from buying it is the transfer bug, whereby opposition teams buy crap crap players and use them in the first team, utterly destroying teams and frankly making the game a walk in the park after a while!

Cheers!

Some of these people are just expressing their frustration that they lost when the opponent scored their only shot, which was from 30 yards, or their striker with 20 finishing can't seem to score. However, the majority are being constructive and at the end of the day these suggestions should improve future football manager games.

lots of people will say its perfectly fine in their opinion, lots of others will say its unplayable. My opinion? Yes it has flaws (personally none of which have affected my game so far), but its still a very good game. If you have the patience, i would buy it at Christmas, as it will probably be a little cheaper, and by then 11.2 patch will be out which will hopefully sort out most of the problems.

just bear in mind that in the first month of release every year, this forum is dominated with unhappy players. some of their concerns are legitimate and some are a bit silly.

the big bugs have been well documented but the majority of players will still get enjoyment out of playing the game in this state.

i'd suggest using the next few weeks until the second patch by getting used to the game and adapting to the changes. once the new patch is out i'd hope that these big issues have been fixed

Remembers this is just people complaining about the game in this forum.

Think of all the other 100,000's of peoples that are playing the game and enjoying it. All of them are not coming on this forum, creating a thread just to say how much they love the game.

A lot of people only find the bugs after looking in this forum, if you wasn't documenting and looking at all the bugs in here, would most people still say they would of found the bug themselves?

Remembers this is just people complaining about the game in this forum.

Think of all the other 100,000's of peoples that are playing the game and enjoying it. All of them are not coming on this forum, creating a thread just to say how much they love the game.

A lot of people only find the bugs after looking in this forum, if you wasn't documenting and looking at all the bugs in here, would most people still say they would of found the bug themselves?

+1

Well said

"Everybody's got an opinion, but there's only one that matters - yours. Football Manager 2011".

Basically don't listen to what other people are playing, play it for yourself and you might find it's actually an enjoyable game. Alot of people wouldn't even realise there was a transfer bug if they didn't read it in here.

"Everybody's got an opinion, but there's only one that matters - yours. Football Manager 2011".

Basically don't listen to what other people are playing, play it for yourself and you might find it's actually an enjoyable game. Alot of people wouldn't even realise there was a transfer bug if they didn't read it in here.

There is no transfer bug. The Player Interaction is responsible for the silly transfers of star players.

Only thing in the transfer system closest to a bug is that selling players, and getting a bargain is quite hard, almost impossible.

I find the game enjoyable, but now SuperLeagues in the editor are almost impossible to make and that makes me a sad panda.

There are lots of people reporting bugs and dissatisfaction with the game. But there are probably more that don't have any issues with the game and hence don't post here or anywhere else. I'd say take a look at the OPs overall thread discussions they've started and check to see if they are always being ****y about bugs and starting topics on them. You can probably discount a lot of reports by simply eliminating the people that understand the difference in a bug and just how the game generally operates, by reading the replies in their other threads you should be able to garnish a report on how often this user has issues with basic functionallity of the game.

Most of all - make your own mind up on it. I've been playing it now for a while, but nervy jumping from 10 to 11 and had 11 for a few weeks before I installed it. But I couldn't go back to 10 and the bugs I've noticed are minor and don't hinder the game play at all.

Just one thing ****es me off a lot - is when I buy a youngster that is 15 - 16 they are going in the Barca U19 squad especially when signed as a Hot Prospect, yet they get continually unhappy about being in the reserve and request transfers. Little upstarts. But then again that happens IRL as I know some people that have made to England prem teams and got uppity with the manager about being in the first team and were subsequently let go.

However, I digress. Don't let little posts by people on a forum be the deciding factor on whether you play the game or not? You might as well let internet forums make all your life decisions, what time to go to bed at, what to have for breakfast, lunch dinner, supper, what side to comb your hair on etc.

The only bugs I hate in this game are the MLS bugs. Some things I've found in FM08 are still not fixed. Other than that it's fine.

If you're going to deliberately pick on the bugs and find them and keep moaning about them to get fixed, then you would never have any enjoyment in FM (or any other game for that matter).

All fine and good for fanboys and trolls to bitch amongst each other... but not everyone talking about bugs is a baseless whiner.

It's general discussion, anything related to the game... maybe someone sees odd behavior and doesn't know if it's a bug or not so they post in general too get more info on it.

Maybe it's something that's working as intended, such as the changes to tutoring, so it's not a bug but players don't like to new behavior, general discussion.

Key to any part of this is -DISCUSSION-... the ironic part is making a thread whining about whiners and throwing any really concept of discussion out yourself.

Doesn't matter which side you are on, if you are a fanboy or hater you're still a fool on the forums unless you have reasonable well thought out discussions. Sadly the only reasonable people are generally the ones in the middle that are actually not bias.

Archived