New stadium question

No, not that question (you know the one I mean:p)!

My board agreed to build a new stadium almost two years ago. Through the board room request status panel, I know that the planning stage is complete (which took up to June), but since that time nothing has happened. There are no new status indicators about the stadium, and I have received no mail about it. I'm surprised at this because when it comes to upgrading training facilities, once the planning stage is complete the month or so building stage almost immediately begins.

Can somebody who has had a new stadium in FM11 tell me if this is normal? Should the "board request status" be dormant for over a year like this?

Thanks - any help appreciated!

During that off-season you shuold have received an email (or on the day the newgens come into your league) saying about the expansion or the start of the building of your new stadium. Maybe ask the board again

Ahh. Dammit. I suspected all was not right. The option to ask my board has been greyed out since I asked a few years ago and they granted my request.

can you ask to expand the current stadium ? just like me and my contract, I asked last season now it is greyed out, this year it finishes :(

My stadium is already fully expanded. It's a good prompt to start a new game though - this one had become a little stale anyway. You never know with your contract... requests grey out if you've asked for them recently so with time you might be able to request again. The probllem with my stadium request is that it seems to have frozen on the planning stage.

Archived