Manager Salary

Anyone managed to negotiate their salary once its open to renewal? why would anyone accept a high wage and burdon the clubs finances or even try for a higer wage? i negotiate mine to £1 per week everytime and the board accepts saving me anything between 40k and 80k PW on wages depending on club :) i see why they include manager salary in the game but it has no benefits.

I guess it comes down to how you want to play the game, realistically you're not going to manage for free, you have to make a living.

Voluntarily negotiating your salary down to virtually nothing feels to me like cheating so I would never do it.

I quite agree, Other clubs have their managers wages coming out of thier finances leaving less for transfers, players wages etc so if you work for a pittance it gives you an unfair advantage over your competitors, in effect cheating

If you could spend the money you earned on something then you would negotiate it up but I feel as a Man United I am happy to keep my wage on about £50,000 to be more realistic but I could demand up to at least £200,000. I once on 09 or 10 got offered £400,000/wk which i felt was too much so I welcome negotiating it down

Archived