So I played Italian League in 11.1.1 and this is a couple plus things i found.

1. There is no Manager of the year award for season 2010/2011, and No top scorer award for season 2009/2010 in history.

2. Sampdoria's board still love Cassano very much in FM world.

3. The refs are taking a hobby of writing names in that little black book of his. Apparently, touching a player meant Yellow card in Italy.

Below these are not Italian bound stuff :

- My ass man is stupid or extremely lazy just like me or both. He kept telling me that "player X" must be closed down, tackled hard , showed weaker foot etc, yet if I go to tactic screen and press "Ask Assistant", for most of times he didn't do anything.

- My 15 years old italian youngster is somehow ineligible for European matches if i don't register him. 15 apparently is not under 21 in this case :).

- I put 433, 442, 4312 respectively in Match Preparation, and the 433 is at long last became fluid to my team. The next match, I use 442, lost and when i revert back to 433, the players are completely far from fluid to the tactic. Nice one.

Nik_Dut, the non-awarding of the Manager of the Year for the initial season is probably a bug but the lack of an entry in last year's topscorer award is a data issue and can easily be fixed by inputing the correct date in the editor. I'm sure it's been fixed for the next patch too. Cassano's outburst happened after the most recent patch was released iirc so you can't expect it to have been included! Again, I'm sure it'll be rectified for the next data patch. I can't comment about the excessive yellow carding as I haven't played in Italy, nor about the assistant's reluctance to act on his own instructions as I haven't seen that issue and nor about the match preparation thingy as I haven't come across it yet. About the 15-year-old, I believe you HAVE to be 16 to be eligible to play in European competitions

1. There is no Manager of the year award for season 2010/2011, and No top scorer award for season 2009/2010 in history.

In Italy there is an award named "Panchina d'oro" (Gold bench) for the best manager of previous season in Serie A and a "Panchina d'argento" (Silver bench) for best manager of previous season in Serie B. They are awarded in January (if I remember well) by other managers of the same league. Starting from 2006-2007 there is a "Panchina d'oro Prima Divisione" too for the third division (Lega Pro Prima Divisione).

Unfortunately this was never put in FM in any edition.

IIRC, the reason there is no Manager of the Year award in the first season is because in the real life the award is given in December to the best manager of the previous season. So in December 2010 the award would go to the best manager of the 2009-2010 season. Since this season isn't modelled in FM11, the award is skipped for the first season.

So it's not a bug/issue.

Cassano's status will be altered in the next patch, I would imagine.

The assistant manager issue is a bug that is annoying me too. I can't comment on the rest of your issues.

Archived