Missing touchline instructions?

I don't want to post this as a bug yet because I'm not sure if it is or not (maybe there's an option somewhere I accidentally disabled or something).

I'm playing matches in 3D view and the "instructions" button is grayed out. Tactics/quick tactics are in black and respond but instructions is grayed out, and nothing happens when I click it (obviously).

Is there anything obvious that I'm missing as to why this is disabled? For what it's worth, I started up a random international career to mess around with tactics and things of that nature. That part also does not seem to be going to well...

Yes. I've played about 5 matches and have never had the ability to click on it.

And I understand the point about grayed out when you do something but it has not been implemented, as is the case if I do a quick tactic (for a quick sub or something) until the next stoppage in play. So I'm pretty confused.

Since I just got the game and wanted to do some experimenting (and am, admittedly, not a football brain by any stretch), I downloaded a tactic from the forum and have been tweaking the sliders to see if I can get to some basic parameters I like before I try and create my own from scratch. So, in that sense, I'm not sure how it was created. Could there, for some reason, be an option inherent in that tactic that does not allow for shouts (seems like a silly option but who knows...maybe it's for a manager who needs a straitjacket)?

I can try playing with an included default tactic and then one created quickly through TC and see what happens, if you guys would appreciate the information.

Since I just got the game and wanted to do some experimenting (and am, admittedly, not a football brain by any stretch), I downloaded a tactic from the forum and have been tweaking the sliders to see if I can get to some basic parameters I like before I try and create my own from scratch. So, in that sense, I'm not sure how it was created. Could there, for some reason, be an option inherent in that tactic that does not allow for shouts (seems like a silly option but who knows...maybe it's for a manager who needs a straitjacket)?

I can try playing with an included default tactic and then one created quickly through TC and see what happens, if you guys would appreciate the information.

Sounds like you have a classic tactic, there are no shouts available with this style.

Ah. So you have to go through tactics creator to get shouts available? Even if you start from a classic tactic and edit sliders, etc.?

Yes indeedy. The shouts modify sliders (1 or more) so are defunct when using classic.

EDIT: and to be honest the TC is so flexible with the addition of shouts that I really see very little reason to not use it. Unless you are stuck in your ways.

Yes indeedy. The shouts modify sliders (1 or more) so are defunct when using classic.

EDIT: and to be honest the TC is so flexible with the addition of shouts that I really see very little reason to not use it. Unless you are stuck in your ways.

My first FM game since 2008 so...not stuck in my ways at all! As I said, I'm just trying to get some information and play around before I begin a real serious game. I appreciate the help.

Archived