MLS Salary Cap

Just a quick question- does the salary cap in MLS ever rise, or is it static???

Also, how can I offer Designated Player contracts? I also know that my assistant can get designated player reports, which he says he can do at any time, though I have no idea how to ask him to do it except in the staff meetings...

The quick answer is that you can only offer DP (Designated Player) contracts to players who are found by the DP report. Unfortunately, at this time, you can not offer a DP slot to anyone you find on your own.

To request a DP report, you will need to go to -> Squad -> Assistant Advice. From there, you can ask for a report by selecting the option. Currently, I am in the off season (vacation) and I have to wait until my players arrive to camp in order to create the report.

The quick answer is that you can only offer DP (Designated Player) contracts to players who are found by the DP report. Unfortunately, at this time, you can not offer a DP slot to anyone you find on your own.

To request a DP report, you will need to go to -> Squad -> Assistant Advice. From there, you can ask for a report by selecting the option. Currently, I am in the off season (vacation) and I have to wait until my players arrive to camp in order to create the report.

Thanks!

Anybody know about the salary cap, though?

Actually, it didn't rise in 10...and that severely hurt the fun in attempting a long-term MLS game. However, in 11 the salary cap should increase by 5% each year, as part of the most recent Collective Bargaining Agreement that was reached this year (10% for 2010, 5% annually thereafter for the length of the CBA.) Honestly, an annual 5% raise should be included in the game to run indefinitely, as it would be decades before the cap even approached $5million a year...

I remember mine going up... *shrug* it's pretty pointless either way though since there are so many bugs with the league at the moment.

I haven't had any problems thus far (I'm in June 2010 with Houston). The only thing that bugs me is I can't ask for draft picks or international slots or allocation money when I'm making trades- am I missing something???

Archived