Mr Hough 4-1-1-2-2 FM11.1 Tactic

Here is my first proper tactic tactic for FM11, Maybe i have took too much time getting this tactic right seeing as through there is still 2 patches to come out but i wanted to make sure i had tried to make it the best it could be, So that it don't just work for top teams but for lower ones too.

Now with me saying that it will work with lower teams don't expect to win the league with Blackpool in your first season with no signings OK, That would be a near enough impossible challenge.

Back to the tactic. It's a 4-2-2-2 formation and uses 2 wingers and 2 DM. After alot of uproar regarding wingers in FM10 SI have gone back to the football manager factory and worked overtime to make sure that the wingers act like they do in real football. I for one love this, That's one of the reasons why my first tactic involves wingers.

Here is a screen of the formation and some results i have had with Everton.

EvertonTableFinal.jpg

TrebleFinal.jpg

EvertonFixturesFinal.jpg

FormationFinal.jpg

I can't stress enough about having the right midfield players is Key here. If you don't have the right players you will get torn to pieces by the better passes of the ball, Ideally you want strong high stamina high work rate and team work. The midfield is regarded as the engine room in a tactic and that is certainly right here.

Defence could possibly be better possibly though it is still good as it is.

Attack is excellent with my wingers and strikers working is great harmony together, This is the best part of my tactic and love the way the attack works together.

Relevant tactic information

I use No OI's if you want to use them by all means use them but i haven't been using OI's

Team talks are my assistant manager, It helps if your Assistant has high Determination, Motivating, and Man Management.

Every year there are loads of different training, I only use training on serious saves and i suppose it's down the Individual what he prefers so just use one that you are comfortable in.

Match preparation, I would suggest due to the strength of the attack no help in preparation is needed here to use Defence Positioning just to make the Gel quicker really.

Pitch size, Narrow and small

I haven't touched the Setpieces at all, I like the way they are set up by default so just left as they are

Player Requirements

Keeper - Aerial Ability Reflexes Agility Handling Positioning Jumping One on Ones

Fullbacks - Tackling Marking Anticipation Jumping Heading Stamina Pace Positioning

Central Defenders - Tackling Marking Anticipation Jumping Heading Pace Positioning Determination

Defensive Midfielders - Work Rate Team work Pace Positioning Passing Marking Tackling Strength

Wingers - Crossing Dribbling Finishing First Touch Pace Flair Technique

Strikers - Crossing Dribbling Finishing Off the Ball Composure Pace Flair Technique Anticipation

Player requirements are pretty straight forward.

Here is the tactic any feedback is as always Appreciated

Filefront.

http://www.filefront.com/17577690/Mr Hough 4-2-2-2 Fm11.1 Tactic (Tottenham, Sep 2010).tac

Sendspace

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xkqh5d

Mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/?8xa13ocetkui7tq

Don't forget to Add me on facebook, I am on it all the time so if you need help/advice it's the best place to catch me.

http://en-gb.facebook.com/people/Dave-Hough/723618006

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quick question, the wingers should they be left foot on the right and right foot on the left or what, cause i noticed you have lennon (a true winger) on the right and an attacking mid/inside forward krancjar on the left but the settings are the same, which do you think suits the tactic better?

sorry for the questions, thanks

quick question, the wingers should they be left foot on the right and right foot on the left or what, cause i noticed you have lennon (a true winger) on the right and an attacking mid/inside forward krancjar on the left but the settings are the same, which do you think suits the tactic better?

sorry for the questions, thanks

left side for left footers right side for right.

I don't have a natural left sided winger so just use Krnajar/Modric there

ok thanks for that so just one more quick question then

if the wingers are meant to be left left and right right, and they require finishing as you stated, how exactly do they operate?

like will they be primarly dribbling wide and getting crosses in with the OCCASIONAL chance or will they be getting a lot of chances to score and not that many crosses

sorry for the question again i just want to figure out which attributes to prioritize when selecting a player

Damn, was hoping for a tactic with an mc since i have been using 4-2-2-2 for ages now. getting sick of buying defensive midfielders;P I want to thank you putting your effort in building awesome

tactics as always mr hough, but i cant see how its possible beating the 4-2-2-2 you made a couple of weeks ago :)

I think im gonna try myself to create a 4-1-2-2-1. Probably wont work, but the computer is a genuis with that formation. Should have been a program where you can see instructions of the computer...

ok thanks for that so just one more quick question then

if the wingers are meant to be left left and right right, and they require finishing as you stated, how exactly do they operate?

like will they be primarly dribbling wide and getting crosses in with the OCCASIONAL chance or will they be getting a lot of chances to score and not that many crosses

sorry for the question again i just want to figure out which attributes to prioritize when selecting a player

Both finishing and crossing are important.

If you have a look the wingers mentality is 2 notches higher than the strikers. This is because when my forwards receive the ball i want them to play forward instead of back so they look for the winger and the wingers break into the box behind the fullback to score.

Same as this, The wingers receive the ball and run at the by line, and instead of the strikers being there waiting to for the ball to come to them and probably being marked by a defender the strikers will be just coming into the box/area. and because of this a central defender will close the winger down because they see him as the immediate threat leaving space for my striker to score.

Do you see how much effort goes into making my tactics, Because i think about everything and try and get the best out of every opportunity, That's why they take so long to make.

I've been using the 10.3 Winger Tactic and won the Serie C2 (Italian 4th level) quite easily (the prediction was a middle of the pack finish). Next year (now) I'm playing in Serie C1 (3rd level) and while I used the 10.3 Winger tactic I was doing quite well, fighting for a promotion spot. As soon as I switched to this tactic I've lost all of my games. I'll keep testing it and let you know if things get better. Still, thank you Mr Hough for you hard work, I'm sure it is my teams' fault.

Great work gone into you OP as usual Dave. I was just wondering though what affected your decision to change from a 4-1-1-2-2 to 4-2-2-2 as I'm sure thats what it was before and says that it is a 4-1-1-2-2 in the thread title.

I'll be testing this out with Hearts tomorrow.

Cheers.

Edit - Just seen that this question has already been asked.

MHHH don't work for me now.... 2 lose 1 draw. the team is chievo verona it's a middle team but the last mach terrible. chievo vs bologna 1-3!

First of all 3 games is hardly a large enough sample. Besides that, how exactly do you concede? Is it through some specific way that comes down to how the tactic works, or is it just that your defenders are making mistakes like loosing a header or a tackle etc?

By the way, I believe that the famous 4-1-2-3 formation Mr.Hough released for FM '10 has led many players into expecting unrealistic results. So far, in FM '11 the match engine seems a bit more solid and (perhaps) more realistic, so you might want to lower your expectations a bit for the time being and accept that no matter what tactic you are using your team will hit streaks of bad results now and then.

Archived