Laptop spec help!

Hello all,

There seems to be some really tech-savvy people on this forum and you've already helped loads of people with laptop conundrums in order that they can get the best out of FM2011. I'm just about to buy a new laptop and would appreciate any advice on the best spec of the three I have in mind. I don't play a lot of games - in fact FM pretty much takes up all of my gaming time. I'm pretty sure each of the three below will run Fm2011 very well but I'd appreciate any info the the contrary or even just an idea of what has the best spec overall.

All advice appreciated.

Cheers

DV6-2117 £629.99 15.6”

Microprocessor 2.26 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor i5-430M

Microprocessor Cache Level 2 cache 3 MB

Memory 4 GB DDR3 (2 x 2048 MB)

Memory Max Supports up to 8 GB DDR3 memory

Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce G 105M

Video Memory up to 2287 MB total graphics memory with 512 MB dedicated DDR3

DM4-1060 £699.99 14”

Microprocessor 2.26 GHz Intel Core i5-430M Processor

Microprocessor Cache Level 3 cache 3 MB

Video Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450 Graphics (switchable)

Video Memory up to 2202 MB total graphics memory with 512 MB DDR3 dedicated

DV6-3085 £685, 15.6”

Microprocessor 1.6 GHz AMD Phenom II Quad-Core Processor P920

Microprocessor Cache Level 2 cache 2 MB

Video Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 Graphics

Video Memory up to 2714 MB total graphics memory with 1 GB DDR3 dedicated

Just nevereverever go for HP... It sucks.. Go for a sony Vaio...

Btw mine is I5 430m,

4 gb DDR3 1033 mhz

2714 MB total graphics memory with 1 gb DDR3 dedicated

And it runs it too smooth..

But i would go for number 2.. As i dislike AMD processors

Yes, either 1 or 2. AMD processors are fine, and generally better value for money than their Intel equivalents, but the mobile Core i5 outperforms the mobile Phenom II.

I can't comment on which graphics card is technically better, but both the Geforce 105M and Radeon 5450 are more than enough for FM.

Yes, either 1 or 2. AMD processors are fine, and generally better value for money than their Intel equivalents, but the mobile Core i5 outperforms the mobile Phenom II.

I can't comment on which graphics card is technically better, but both the Geforce 105M and Radeon 5450 are more than enough for FM.

I like your taste! And yes I5 outperforms bigtime! Even though The AMD is quad core.. The I5 got 2 cores with 4 threads.. And it's really awesome!

And by personal experience the Radeon 5650! Runs even Need for Speed Hot Pursuit smoothly!

thanks for all your help. Decided to go with No2 (HP 14") for portability and got a nice voucher code so it wasn't much more than No1 in the end (LAP500 for Comet if you spend more than £500 on a laptop).

Have previously had both Sony Vaio and HP. While liking the Sony a lot the HP was equally as good for what I use the laptop for but the Sony wasn't worth the extra £ in my opinion.

cheers

Archived