Really good 4-4-2

After lots of considering I finally decided to upload my tactic. I've tried multiple tactics from the community, but nothing worked in the long run. So I decided to make one myself. I worked on many different tactics untill I finally came up with this one. It hasn't let me down yet. Every other tactic I tried seemed like a roulette bet. Sometimes I would win 4-0, and sometimes I would loose. Started this tactic after 14 games in my second, and have only lost 1 domestic game in 38 games now (had already won the championship, when I lost that game. So I let the reserves get a match).

Domestic stats playing as Brondby:

38 games

28 wins 9 draws 1 lost

Furthermore it has brought me huge success in my first CL tournament. I am leading my group after 5 games. Groups contains: Man U, Ajax and Benfica (tough group)

Give it a try if you'd like. Any feed-back is greatly appreciated...

http://www.mediafire.com/?7ibducd8cis58ca

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=4qbxjxgsumwo8ev&thumb=6

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=nnq732uqhp1p6wc&thumb=6

Here's a short insight. Let me know if you need any more info.

I think the key is to have players with decent passing, work rate and stamina since I use a lot of short passing and stressing the opponent.

Attack:

poacher (att) - Trequartista(att)

the Trequartista (Right Striker) needs to have good passing skills and decent creativity. The Poacher needs to be good in finishing and off the ball, since he is being fed a lot from the Trequartista.

Midfield:

Winger (support) - Central mid(att) - ball winning mid (def) - winger (support)

Good acc. and dribling on the wingers. Lots og work rate on both midfielders. Even the offensive one.

Defence:

Full back(auto) - center def (def) - center def(def) - full back (auto)

all have more than 10 in passing.

GK

Set either def. collect or quick throw

You will be pretty sure to top both the top goal scorer (poacher) and the assist ranking (Trequartista) with this tactic. If you are a small club, it is going to be difficult to keep your poacher (if he is any good), as he will rise quickly in reputation and value. Make sure you get him to sign the longest possible contract...

Out of interest, did you set this up with the Tactics Creator and retain most of the default settings in each role?

The reason I ask is that it's pretty much what I'm doing at the moment, although I'm using different roles to some of yours. In tandem with using players who have the right sort of attributes for each role, it's quite pleasing to see what's essentially a simple tactical setup, work so well. :)

heatxxx: I didn't use the tactics creator. I just tried different settings for each player. Had been tweaking a lot before hand, but decided this time to try without tweaking. I am not saying that i can't be optmized with some tweaking though...

matti7777: Well, I have to be honest. Defence is not the tactics strongest side. You will however score plenty of goals. I am averaging 2.5 goals for and 0.8 against.

Archived