Redicules wages

Anyone els feel that the players ask for redicules wages. I nogotite some of them down ofc. But some refuse to take less than waht they are asking for. As example:

Gerrard 34 years old. Still demanding £100K a week.

Shawcross on £34K a week. Wanting £130K nothing less.

Torres wanting £175K as 30 year old.

Cattermole as backup player wanting £100K

that is just some, all the players want redicules raises. It might be me beeing strickt on the wages. If this continues I have to start to sell em because my board refuses to build new stadium, and even tho I'm going in plus each year that wont last long tho.

I think the Shawcross and Catemole wages are a bit high, but I'm sure they'd negotiate. However the other two just reflect reality, there aren't many players who take wage cuts as they get older unless they move clubs. Most will still want the same wages, as why should they take a wage cut? They used to in the last FM's, I always used to offer my older players new contracts to bring the bill down, but I think it's more realistic this time round.

I actually don't find any of those ludicrous.

I assume you're Liverpool, and I assume that Shawcross and Cattermole have been a part of the team for a while and might have become well-known in the meantime (their in-game reputation takes a jump playing for a massive club so they effectively become the "new" Gerrard etc.)

Gerrard is a world-class player and even at that age would have a very good CA. Torres is in his prime at 30.

You're right in some ways though, I have seen some shocking wage requests that you can actually negotiate down quite considerably, but those four are not THAT bad.

I've had some ridiculous wage requests. Pastore's agent took the biscuit. £170p/w £14m signing on fee £6.75m agent fee and there was little room for maneuver.

The other thing that annoys me is how a player will want £80-100k wages from me but then sign for someone else on £40k.

Well, Shawcross have become a rather "important" part of the team. a wage around £70-80 would be understandable but when £130 isnt even negotiateble then its wtf.

For cattermole, he is just a backup player.

And those arnt the only ones. I can understand a squad having a few players over £100k, but that should be the star players. But Cattermole requests even more than Banega and Hazard who have been my 2 best players the 2 last seasons.

But almost every player in my squad even the backup players want 80+++ a week and just a few of those is open to negotations.

and then its the agent fees and signon fees that they want to. may gad is those high.

Also just another thing, Tottenham is struggleing big time in my game, and I thought "lets buy bale then" yea, got my offer accepted. And he wanted away (as most players do on this game) but he was on a £90K a week. Not that redicules for a player like him, even tho I think its high. But he wanted away, and i dont want to pay £110 as he wanted from me, and he was very intressted in joining me. Well I said £80K nothing more after trying to negotating it down to £90 atleast. but nope. he rather stay at a team that are struggeling in the bottom end of the league. fine for me, but I would think IRL a player would rather join a top team for abit less than beeing in a club you are unhappy in. greedy bastard.

Some of those don't seem too bad. Bale may figure another club will come in for him and offer what he wants, so why move for less money? Torres is still in his prime at 30 so I can understand him wanting good money. Shawcross and Cattermole seem a bit high but maybe that's their agent or their own attitude and not a game-wide thing. I wouldn't say their demands are ridiculous, just a little more than I would expect to pay.

I've had some players with the same attitude so I just tell them to go away and find another club who'll pay their wages. I've also got a bunch of good players on lower wages than I'd be willing to pay so it works both ways.

QUOTE=Gerrard 34 years old. Still demanding £100K a week.

Shawcross on £34K a week. Wanting £130K nothing less.

Torres wanting £175K as 30 year old.

Cattermole as backup player wanting £100K

It would be interesting if you let these guys go on a free and see what wages they attract at other clubs.

you can easily slash 25k a week off almost any play if you offer the player and his agent a higher sign on fee. I managed to slash 150k a week off wages but had to pay 6 players and their agents fairly higher sign on bonus fees and alsoa bonus if they managed to get in the Premier League team of the season

you can easily slash 25k a week off almost any play if you offer the player and his agent a higher sign on fee. I managed to slash 150k a week off wages but had to pay 6 players and their agents fairly higher sign on bonus fees and alsoa bonus if they managed to get in the Premier League team of the season

That team of the season thing helps a lot actually. Make that bonus really high and you'll be able to take a lot off the wages. Of course, if they make the team of the season you might be caught between a rock and a hard place but that's a hard thing to do and is thus a fantastic bartering tool.

That team of the season thing helps a lot actually. Make that bonus really high and you'll be able to take a lot off the wages. Of course, if they make the team of the season you might be caught between a rock and a hard place but that's a hard thing to do and is thus a fantastic bartering tool.

Yes, that's one of my favourite tools as well. I see it as akin to performance-related pay. If they've made it into the team-of-the-year then chances are they've been outstanding and deserve the money. If they've played that well your team has probably done pretty well too, so the prize money makes it affordable.

I havent really met rediculous wages yet.. More the opposite.. I'm playing for Varde in Denmark.. Went from 2. division east to Superligaen (lowest to highest league), and my wagebudget is 20k £ only.. Even after selling my best player for 550k £, in hope if better wages.. With this amount i can't survive in Superligaen

It would be interesting if you let these guys go on a free and see what wages they attract at other clubs.

Actually I will let Cattermole and Shawcross leave, and pick up better players who actually are better.

Since I have £100m on books now I can easly find replacements. and I wont buy anythign this season.

Something i noticed with Carragher on one of my saves was that after i talked to him about becoming a coach and he got staff attributes, not long after he sacked his agent and i could redo his contract for a lot less wages and signing on fee.

So for all the oldies who are looking at being a coach/scout or whatever try that and see if the lose thoer agent.

The most amusing thing about this thread is all the different versions of the word "ridiculous". If you're gonna throw yourself with such fancy words make sure you get it right too.

As for the wages in the OP I can't see anything wrong with it at all. You usually get better at something the older you become (except for some people and their spelling) and the same applies to football players. Assuming they're not injured half their careers they become very good at the age of 28-30 which means they also want to have proper wages.

Archived