Tatics. Own or Others?

My own. I would not even think about using another. If other people want to - to improve their experience of FM then great. But I do feel what's the point? If you want to win through the expertise of someone other than yourself then you may as well go on holiday etc.

My own, I prefer building a tactic around my squad, then altering my squad to improve the quality, and eventually tweak the tactic to perfection. More fun, more succesful (I would imagine). I have checked the Tactics forum for inspiration though.

My own. Really, with the TC, there's no need to download tactics. You can easily get your players doing what you want without downloads :)

Agree.

Especially this year. Although Match Prep doesn't seem to have a massive amount of effect on the ME, it's still worthwhile developing a tactic and using it with a few minor modifications throughout the year. And as of this incarnation of FM the game is nowhere near as harsh on even the default tactics as it has been previously.

Only ever my own, since i was 12 (25 now).

I like to think my interest and knowledge in football goes beyond transfers and who's at what club.

After all, you could build a team of galacticos but if you don't know how to get them to play you won't win a thing.

A mixture. I usually download some that seem to fit my style of play ... would a real life manager not look to other teams for inspiration?? .. of course they do :)

Once I have downloaded some and it is not working out for me, I start tweaking it to suit my team better. I just don't have the knowledge or patience to start from scratch (which none of really do as we use one of the basic ones as a template, right? ;))

Archived