What stats make a good Ass. Man?

As with all coaches, DDM is key to how well they train. That's Discipline, Determination, and Motivation. JPA and JCA are key, in my mind, for an AssMan. And I attend all press confrences, set my own OIs, and give all my own team talks, but rely on AssMan's advice, so Man Management and Tactical are also important (though secondary). Lastly, since AssMan runs my Reserves side, Working with Youngsters is needed as well.

If you like your ass. man. to handle how to deal with the oppsotion players you also need to look at tactics and tactical knowledge. It is also good to look at the ass. man.'s playing mentality as it determines how much he will use hard tackles. That's my experince, anyways...

If you plan on your Ass. Man taking care of OI's (Opposition Instructions) pre-game, make sure he has a Tactical Knowledge attribute of at least 10.

Motivation and Man Management as mentioned above is good for press-conferences and team talks.

Is there a way to increase coach attributes, or increase the stats of future coaches? It's something I've always wondered but never found out. I mean in-game here btw, don't mean through FMRTE.

They have CA/PA like players. A higher proportion of staff have already reached their PA though. The peak age seems to be around 50 - after that they don't progress. So if they are younger than 50 and not reached their PA, they can progress. How they do that, and whether you can influence it is a complete mystery! I like to retain player legends so they retire and take up coaching, but it is frustrating that you can't have more input into developing them.

They have CA/PA like players. A higher proportion of staff have already reached their PA though. The peak age seems to be around 50 - after that they don't progress. So if they are younger than 50 and not reached their PA, they can progress. How they do that, and whether you can influence it is a complete mystery! I like to retain player legends so they retire and take up coaching, but it is frustrating that you can't have more input into developing them.

Actually it's not a mistery. The more you win with your team and the better results you have.,the more will your staff progress and improve.

Actually it's not a mistery. The more you win with your team and the better results you have.,the more will your staff progress and improve.

But not in any consistent way. I did controlled tests in FM09 and found that for eaxmple, one scout would shoot up 30 points one year and another 3, then the next year the firs tone would stall, and so on.

And how about training facilities - do they make a difference? Very hard to know.

Some time ago (aroud this summer) one guy posted his success with B. Dortmund here on forums. And someone began to ask about his staff etc. Then the B. Dortmund fguy said his staff improved immensly over the last couple of years during his success and that he thinks that it is due to his success. and indeed one of SI members confrimed it. The more you are successfull and winning things the more your staff improves.

Archived