Question regarding Database + Attributes

Something a little strange happened. In the database i moved Gareth Bale's pace up 2 notches from 14(decent) to 16(pretty good-which is more what his pace irl, not superfast but more than average). Anyway, that is the only thing i change on the player.

I load a new save, and many of his attributes have gone down by one number. so Gareth Bale's crossing is now 14, when it was the researchers themselves who gave him 15. That is one example.

Also, i give Andy Carroll a better workrate/teamwork score, more inline with how he plays(imo), but his stats at the start of the game are better than what i gave him in the DB?

What is the reason for this?

The stats are in conjunction with the Current Ability stat. For example, if you have someone with a CA of 110 and you edit him up to 20 in every stat, within a few days they'll plummet down to flat 11's or whatever.

At least this was the case in FM07 when I created a 7ft tall, supremely powerful player for a non-league team to see how many he'd bag a season without actually managing him! Needless to say a League One team bought him even when his stats dropped and I amazingly didn't account for that happening -_-

If you switch his CA (and possibly PA) up a bit it should be more stable.

But what happens if i do it in FMRTE?

Dunno - but as long as you can alter the CA in FMRTE I see no reason why it won't work.

The reason two points is quite significant is because you have to imagine CA as "current level" and PA as a "blanket possible level" for what they player can reach. As such, two instant boosts to one stat will mean that the points that can theoretically be allocated elsewhere for his Physical stats are reduced.

Archived