Work Permits in the South African leagues!

I've started a game in South Africa, and it seems like it is impossible to get a Work Permit for foreign players that aren't already playing in the South African league. Does someone knows the regulations in this league? I'm tired of wasting time on trying to sign players that won't be allowed to join my club.

started my first FM08 game (unemployed) with African Warriors.

Kaizer chiefs is my parent club.

Indeed it's almost impossible to sign foreign players.

You've to accept that. Try to build a squad with home based players....

Originally posted by Germinal Beerschot:

You've to accept that. Try to build a squad with home based players....

That was the plan but it would been nice to add some quality foreign players.. anyway I probalbly have to let that go.

• 4 months later...

Since I can't find this anywhere, maybe some SI dude might say what on earth they programmed into the game for them because I have no idea and can't get anyone to be given one. Most the people I've tried have multiple caps for Swaziland.

I've started a game in South Africa, and it seems like it is impossible to get a Work Permit for foreign players that aren't already playing in the South African league. Does someone knows the regulations in this league? I'm tired of wasting time on trying to sign players that won't be allowed to join my club.

I think the rule is that a team is only allowed one non-SA citizen on the squad. I know that seems extreme, but I think it's correct. Once I get the full game, I'll try checking through some of the teams to see if it holds true.

When you're sorting out squad numbers it lets you have 5 non-South Africans and there are several teams, especially in the top league with 3 or 4 foreign players. Thats not the problem, its that you need a work permit for any foreign player but I havn't got a clue what the requirements for it are and it seems like they pretty much just get rejected.

Archived