Some Ideas For FM12

Apologies if there is an official thread for this stuff, but I couldn't find it..

1. During the match engine we can see the players, fans, officials, medical staff and subs...by why is there no little virtual manager sitting on the bench or pacing around the technical area?? The would be a good little inclusion.

2. On the games home page we can change the widgets etc, to display different info...I would like a notepad to be added, so I can type in notes and it will always be shown on the homepage, instead of have to create player notes...I can just have a pad for typing in random stuff.

3. Why are the ad-boards still the old style, surely nearly all the top grounds have the new digital boards...why are these not represented?

Mate, look at the light blue box above, where it says:

'Suggestions for future versions

Individual ideas on one subject should be posted in their own topic. Please name your topics sensibly and give an indication of what it is about. If you want to list ideas then please use this Wishlist topic. You can view some current suggestions here'

Click on wishlist.

In terms of your ideas, they'd be nice touches, but not especially helpful. Digital ad-boards are very annoying, they distract you when you watch telly, and whats wrong with writing on post it notes?

Mate, look at the light blue box above, where it says:

'Suggestions for future versions

Individual ideas on one subject should be posted in their own topic. Please name your topics sensibly and give an indication of what it is about. If you want to list ideas then please use this Wishlist topic. You can view some current suggestions here'

Click on wishlist.

In terms of your ideas, they'd be nice touches, but not especially helpful. Digital ad-boards are very annoying, they distract you when you watch telly, and whats wrong with writing on post it notes?

Cheers, I have found the thread, lol! the ad-boards can be annoying but surely by using digital ad-boards the clubs increase there advertising income by not being limited the x amount of space for advertising...not saying SI should go this deep, but it would be an accurate representation of the football world. I have gone beyond post-its notes to filling A4 Sheets of paper, but it would be nice to have something in-game that is not hidden away.

1. During the match engine we can see the players, fans, officials, medical staff and subs...by why is there no little virtual manager sitting on the bench or pacing around the technical area?? The would be a good little inclusion.

A manager dot! \o/ :D

2. On the games home page we can change the widgets etc, to display different info...I would like a notepad to be added, so I can type in notes and it will always be shown on the homepage, instead of have to create player notes...I can just have a pad for typing in random stuff.

Nice little idea. :thup:

3. Why are the ad-boards still the old style, surely nearly all the top grounds have the new digital boards...why are these not represented?

No thanks! Realism is good to a point but not very, very, very annoying realism. :D

A few things that would improve my enjoyment immensely.

1. The ability to tell my players to wait for the referee to blow up if an opponent is down injured.

2. The ability to tell my players not to pass back to the keeper unless absolutely necessary. (I have two small strikers and my keeper is set to play short to a full back, this setting is constantly made pointless by my team then passing back to the keeper who has to launch it up field. I don't mind if there's no ball on and they have to pass back, nine times out of ten it's just taking the easy option.)

3. If you are going to let us choose a setting SI, make sure it works. Why do you let us choose to close down the opponent goalkeeper at all times, yet not enable it in game? Why do we totally lose all control of throw ins when our full backs gain the bullet throw ppm? I had to reset my corner setting because of this (long throws seem to use corner settings, I had mine aimed for the far post, had to change to near post and score far fewer from corners now.

4. Full backs. Maybe it's just me, but I've tried changing so many settings but whatever I do full back positioning and tackling are an absolute shambles. They are constantly marking strikers, leaving centre halfs twiddling their thumbs. and when they do cover their flank they dance down the line then show the opposing winger inside to do whatever he likes.

1. Nice little idea :)

2. Would be a bit of an inconvenience to be honest. I actually run in windowed mode with Notepad open and that is 100x more efficient than an in-game notepad will ever be, and doesn't clutter the game interface. Might be worth implementing if it the user was able to disable it I guess.

3. I'd assume this is either something SI haven't thought of, they haven't implemented as it'd be unrealistic at lower league grounds or - more likely - they've been left out to keep the system requirements of the 3D match engine to the minimum for older systems so that FM11 covers a wide market base.

Archived