Sorry SI

Max.

You try, but this years iteration is so buggy and so broken it's unplayable. I sometimes wonder if you hadn't produced such quality in the past more people would be slating the game this year.The media and news side of things is littered with errors and data mistakes.

The new features this year are quite frankly pants they don't add anything to the game except problems. We all know the player interaction is hilariously poor and should of been scrapped after the its first test. Add to this hundreds of dodgy transfers into a transfers system that previously worked better than anything else in the game. What I will give you as a good improvement this year is contract negotiations great improvement.

The game breaking flaw however is obviously the match engine, impossible to simulate a game of football you may say, a statement with which I would agree, however the game is lauded by yourselves and SEGA as a football management simulation. It is not. Each match is completely predictable, I think every time we go into a match and see our striker go 1on1 we know if he will score of not before he's even reached the keeper - it's almost certain that he will miss because the ME is set up to peg the human back to make up for bad AI. You will see constant examples of broken defending, centre-halfs running away from the ball or running away from the opposition. Goals from crosses are all that exist, defenders find it impossible to deal with them and strikers always dive in and poke it in. Full backs are pointless, they serve no use no matter how you attempt to use them, when the ball is booted over them in to the space behind the react about 3 seconds after the ball has been hit allowing the opposing winger to step in and go where he wants. Watching the match engine is like watching a Blind Sunday League not footballs elite. No doubt fanboys will give it the "its your tactics" duff but I'm inclined to believe they are not football players in real life and fail to understand the fact that a footballer has a brain of his own and can make basic key decisions on the pitch without his managers micro input.

I wont go into team talks and the morale system, red cards, CCC's etc. I could go on forever but I don't get paid enough..

Please SI next year just fix what you have, I have no doubt sales will be slightly affected next year by what you've put out this year, however you have a chance in the next 12 months to get it right ans shut the critics up. You've created class in the past, we're all waiting for you to do it again.

/rant

Archived