Players getting Chinese nationality

Not sure. I only just took over the team. Thought that sort of thing would happen automatically. Amazed that he's been in the country for over 20 years of his life yet has only just applied for nationality. Who am I to question the researchers though. It's probably the actual case with him. Just found it amazing.

I've seen a couple of cases in my team where players didn't see the benefit of getting the nationality even though they met the requirements. Mostly because they were already playing for their national team. Some changed their minds after a few years so this might be such a case.

I'm not familiar with chinese bureaucracy, so I have no idea how long it would take in the worst case scenario.

Just done some research on the guy. Apparently his birth date is also wrong and I'm quite doubtful he's spent that long in China. He was born in Yugoslavia and played football in Europe between 2000 and beginning 2010. Will post it as a data bug I guess.

The paperwork system in China is horrendous. A few months ago, I spent most of the day walking between three offices to apply for ID, had to pay for a taxi across town and back to get the picture taken, and was told in the end to come back the following week to finish the rest of the business!

Don't believe the Chinese allow dual nationality.

You're right, dual nationality is not allowed. So do many other countries, but the game assumes dual-nationality is possible with any country (when in real life the original citizenship could be revoked, etc.)

i think this may be another issue besides it being chinese because i tried to sign a non eu player in england but he had spent the required time to get a french nationality but it was just stuck on awaiting paperwork

In real life if he gets Chinese nationality he will lose the Croatian one. And if he wants to visit his faily later he'll have to get a Croatian visa. That's why foreigners don't usually apply for Chinese nationality sometimes they apply for Chinese "green cards" though.

Archived