Did I make the right decision?

I am managing Man U, and got a 1-1 draw with Stoke after Stoke got a last-minute equaliser. I forgot to save it, and BOOM! Crash dump :( I reloaded the game as I fortunately had saved after the match previously and promised myself I'd take any outcome of the game, I picked the same tactics, same players and as close to the same team-talks as I could. I ended up winning 2-0 thanks to goals from Forrest and Hernandez but I feel sort of guilty for winning.

So what do you think? Does this make me a cheat?

I am managing Man U, and got a 1-1 draw with Stoke after Stoke got a last-minute equaliser. I forgot to save it, and BOOM! Crash dump :( I reloaded the game as I fortunately had saved after the match previously and promised myself I'd take any outcome of the game, I picked the same tactics, same players and as close to the same team-talks as I could. I ended up winning 2-0 thanks to goals from Forrest and Hernandez but I feel sort of guilty for winning.

So what do you think? Does this make me a cheat?

Nope. In fact, in some peoples eyes, you would have been cheating if you had done anything different.

You've recorded a completely fair result as you aren't responsible for a computer crash.

The only other option available to you is to replay the game on holiday over and over again until a draw happens. A lot of bother though, especially given nine times out of ten United would beat Stoke in a Holiday'd game.

This is a different scenario, the OP in that thread had won the game, replayed it and lost, whereas I drew, replayed it and won. Thanks for trying, anyways

Not really, its the same question, just different outcomes? My answer for both is the same anyway.

This is a different scenario, the OP in that thread had won the game, replayed it and lost, whereas I drew, replayed it and won. Thanks for trying, anyways

At the basic level, it's the same predicament. You both were playing the game, you both suffered computer crashes, and now you are weighing the morality of what to do upon reload. Is it 'right' to restart and take the next result is if it is the first time you played the match? Or is it 'right' to reload and keep reloading until you get the same result, as if the computer crash never happened?

For the former, you are acknowledging that you are, in fact, playing a game and that computer crashes happen. With the latter, you are working to keep it realistic, where a computer crash doesn't erase a result - win, loss, or draw.

Archived