What a joke....

And on my game, Tottenham have just sold Gareth Bale (£9.75m) and Luka Modric (£7.25m), all to fund the spectacular signing of Reto Ziegler (£15m), a man they sold for £1.3m a few years earlier.

However, because there's been approximately 50 threads about the broken transfer system, I don't feel the need to make another one ^^

It's broken, yes, and it'll get fixed in March. Although being honest the David Beckham issue happened in FM10 too.

I just found Kaka on the transfer list. 7.75m lol

I couldn't sign him though. He wanted 175k a week, a 43k appearance fee, a 7m signing on fee and 9k a goal fee lol

My Liverpool board couldn't stretch to that much.

Balotelli for £5m on mine at the moment ^^ Giovinco £4m, Keirrisson £4m, Kompany £2m.

It's great - technically West Brom could have a world class team if their board gambled! :p

I apologise to the forum hero for not trawling through the forums to check for similar threads.

Meh don't care - tis just another opportunity to share funny FM11 transfer whoppers.

yeah the transfer system in the game is all messed up and so unrealistic, I can only mange to get 3mil for Crouch and Bentley each, and for the past season ive offered Robbie Keane for 1k!!!! None wants him, Yeah Right! And Ronaldo just signed for Chealsea, tissh

U talk about pointless threads, yet you contribute to them happily?

I'm never happy when I'm talking about our inability to shift Robbie Keane.

Seeing as a mods been in here and decided not to close it, then its a thread that can be contributed to. The thread is pointless, but I had a point to make and have made it now. Cheers.

I'm never happy when I'm talking about our inability to shift Robbie Keane.

Seeing as a mods been in here and decided not to close it, then its a thread that can be contributed to. The thread is pointless, but I had a point to make and have made it now. Cheers.

Just like the OP had a point to make? Whether you seen it justifiable or not, you shot it down then add further to it. Sounds like double standards regarding your last statement, cheers.

Just like the OP had a point to make? Whether you seen it justifiable or not, you shot it down then add further to it. Sounds like double standards regarding your last statement, cheers.

His point could have been made in any of countless threads on this subject. This was the first time I'd seen someone moan about not being able to shift Robbie Keane and was able to state that this one at least is a real world issue. Like I said a mod has already posted in here and not closed it so why when I have a point to make should I refrain?

I said it was pointless, a mod disagreed, so I was wrong.

His point could have been made in any of countless threads on this subject. This was the first time I'd seen someone moan about not being able to shift Robbie Keane and was able to state that this one at least is a real world issue. Like I said a mod has already posted in here and not closed it so why when I have a point to make should I refrain?

I said it was pointless, a mod disagreed, so I was wrong.

No worries, but the situation with Keane doesn't reflect reality, does it? Have you read the "The Sun" today, regarding Robbie? Be it speculation or not is another matter? Also, if Keane was offered in reality at a value of £1K, you believe no one would come in?

Also, the OP wasn't the one who mentioned Robbie Keane. It wasn't the target subject either.

No worries, but the situation with Keane doesn't reflect reality, does it? Have you read the "The Sun" today, regarding Robbie? Be it speculation or not is another matter? Also, if Keane was offered in reality at a value of £1K, you believe no one would come in?

To some extent it does reflect reality in that Spurs tried touting him around but got no takers. I haven't read the Sun (doing so would require me to wash my eyes in bleach afterwards ;) )

And of course if £1k was the asking price then teams would come in and I'm really not trying to defend the transfer system at all, only a fool would even try and attempt to.

Playing devils advocate though, is it right for someone to (unrealistically) offer Keane out for £1k and then complain that it is unrealistic to receive no offers?

I think the main problem with Keane IRL and in game is his wages and the willingness/ability of the clubs that want him to pay him what he wants.

Back to the OP though, if that was pretty much any other 37 year old, it wouldn't be quite so mental (especially if there was good money on offer and/or a potential move into coaching/management) for them to make this move. Beckham is on a different plain to most of the rest of the world though and I don't think the game could handle the distinctions necessary to prevent this. Also 10 years ago SI would have been slated for unrealistness if Beckham had moved from Madrid to LA Galaxy. Its a strange world.

To some extent it does reflect reality in that Spurs tried touting him around but got no takers. I haven't read the Sun (doing so would require me to wash my eyes in bleach afterwards ;) )

And of course if £1k was the asking price then teams would come in and I'm really not trying to defend the transfer system at all, only a fool would even try and attempt to.

Playing devils advocate though, is it right for someone to (unrealistically) offer Keane out for £1k and then complain that it is unrealistic to receive no offers?

I think the main problem with Keane IRL and in game is his wages and the willingness/ability of the clubs that want him to pay him what he wants.

Back to the OP though, if that was pretty much any other 37 year old, it wouldn't be quite so mental (especially if there was good money on offer and/or a potential move into coaching/management) for them to make this move. Beckham is on a different plain to most of the rest of the world though and I don't think the game could handle the distinctions necessary to prevent this. Also 10 years ago SI would have been slated for unrealistness if Beckham had moved from Madrid to LA Galaxy. Its a strange world.

Agreed 100%!

I'd like to see what his ratings look like. What year is this 2012? Is it possible his skills are beginning to really diminish? Remember, the game sees ratings..not names. That's why fictional players sometimes makes sense. I wonder if everyone would be going on about the transfer system if they played with fictional players?

he played for 3 seasons in my save at cardiff until 2015 in the championship. in real life we all know when he cant get at least 20k a week he will retire, why would he want to bother when he can just sit in retirement on his millions. hes more likely to be a model at 38 than playing lower league football.

And on my game, Tottenham have just sold Gareth Bale (£9.75m) and Luka Modric (£7.25m), all to fund the spectacular signing of Reto Ziegler (£15m), a man they sold for £1.3m a few years earlier.

However, because there's been approximately 50 threads about the broken transfer system, I don't feel the need to make another one ^^

It's broken, yes, and it'll get fixed in March. Although being honest the David Beckham issue happened in FM10 too.

March ? you're joking right ? since the transfer system is a major bug in this game for quite some time, it should be fixed in the December patch

Seriously lol, Beckham signs for Peterborough in League One at the end of the second season....

2zzp92b.png

come on its beckham not messi yea beckham was a very good player but check him these days and just think at 37 he'll be worse. no prem clubs will touch beckham at 37 so if he ever came back to england then league 1 may be the level

yeah the transfer system in the game is all messed up and so unrealistic, I can only mange to get 3mil for Crouch and Bentley each, and for the past season ive offered Robbie Keane for 1k!!!! None wants him, Yeah Right! And Ronaldo just signed for Chealsea, tissh

keane is problery on big wages

he played for 3 seasons in my save at cardiff until 2015 in the championship. in real life we all know when he cant get at least 20k a week he will retire, why would he want to bother when he can just sit in retirement on his millions. hes more likely to be a model at 38 than playing lower league football.

because he loves football use your brain

We get the point. Yet another thread full of people complaining about transfers serves no purpose to anyone

It blatantly does, show me the last thread you made that got this much response. :)

I forget who he signed for in my game, Cardiff or someone I think but he earns 9k a week now. That'd barlely pay for posh's haircuts.

Archived