Football Manager Handheld 2011, PSP go Download

poor that guys, no wonder everyone doesnt want to invest in PSP Go as PS Store is soooo behind and expensive :/

i no i was so p****d off when i found out on the 26th that i had to wait almost another week on top of the orignal delay for PSP. i think unless they bring out an attachable UMD drive for the GO then mine will be sold, sick of paying over inflated prices for games Example FMH2010 is still £24:99 HOW???????

i have only got the free games and a couple of ps1 classics that i didnt feel were ripping me off. fifa 2011 is 19.99 on UMD but 31.99 on ps store, it really bugs me! and to top it off here i am on the 1st december and still no sign of FMH 2011? give me a hand, im snowed in here wanting something to do!!!!

why do i feel shafted? the reason i bought the psp go was because of playstations advertising, lose the hardware, buy only the software at a lower price, DOES ANYONE THINK THE PRICE WILL BE REDUCED? if not anyone want a psp go with 7 games? haha

I HAVE POSTED TO PLAYSTATION AND THEY ARE ADAMENT THE PUBLISHER SETS THE PRICE - THANKS SEGA FOR OFFICIALLY SCREWING US GAMERS OVER

• 2 weeks later...
I dont understand why the download version is so expensive. They dont have to put it on UMD, print a booklet, use a box and ship it to retail. If anything it should be cheaper.

totally agree mate :@ wasted my money on a PSP Go. Surely cheaper prices will entice people to buy a PSP Go?!?! No wonder the sales are soo poor :/

There are still costs associated with download games. I would assume at the very least server maintenance, storage and bandwidth as well as other logistics. However I do agree that at the very least, they should be the same price if not a little cheaper. Especially as they are effectively cutting out the middle man and the markup they would add to make their profit. You would like to think some of the saving would be passed on to the customer rather than the publisher taking even more of a profit.

But I might have it totally wrong!

I think the biggest thing is that physical copies can be bought at increasingly cheaper rates as the game gets older. It seems a lot of download games stay at rull RRP for a lot longer and so it's harder to pick up bargains.

Plus there is less competition. For example, supermarkets will offer big games like FIFA and CoD for less on the weekend of release as a way of getting people into stores. Or internet sites will try to beat each others prices. The Apple app store and PSN store know you can only buy directly from them so have no reason to lower their prices.

But you pick you device, you take your chances and either live with it or get rid I suppose!

There are still costs associated with download games. I would assume at the very least server maintenance, storage and bandwidth as well as other logistics. However I do agree that at the very least, they should be the same price if not a little cheaper. Especially as they are effectively cutting out the middle man and the markup they would add to make their profit. You would like to think some of the saving would be passed on to the customer rather than the publisher taking even more of a profit.

But I might have it totally wrong!

I think the biggest thing is that physical copies can be bought at increasingly cheaper rates as the game gets older. It seems a lot of download games stay at rull RRP for a lot longer and so it's harder to pick up bargains.

Plus there is less competition. For example, supermarkets will offer big games like FIFA and CoD for less on the weekend of release as a way of getting people into stores. Or internet sites will try to beat each others prices. The Apple app store and PSN store know you can only buy directly from them so have no reason to lower their prices.

But you pick you device, you take your chances and either live with it or get rid I suppose!

I cant take the logistics reason because Sony are running the Playstation Network to its users free ( including myself ) it seems inconsistent to just jack up the price for the PSP Go. That is true though FM10 is still £27.99 just like FM11.

... but as a Playstation 3 owner incompetence from Sony has become standard for quite a while now.

It may be running the service to users for free but I assume it's covering it's costs in the price of it's games and making money by charging developers / publishers to sell their games on there.

Archived